twenty20 Twenty20 Mendocino 2021 Grow&show

This is a test choose 3

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey somebody has to ask the tough questions! :rofl:....... here's me brown eye winkin' at ya :backside: :haha:

very nice germ' pics SD View attachment 1296454 ... and soil fizzing with Life!

I think that's one of the more difficult things about working with organics when you're low down on the learning curve,.. how to deal with nute hiccups quickly= :doh: ...thanks for that tip!
....it kills me that so many great products are N/A to the public in reasonable amounts :shrug:.... Last year I saw a Podcast from KIS featuring BioWorks/BotryStop anti-fungal bio-agent. I wrote them to see if it's available to private personal growers, and it's not unless you want 6 bloody pounds of it! But I plead my case, and they very kindly sent me a sample to try! :woohoo1:... I ran it to good effect IMO, despite some troubles with fires, ash-fall, and program spraying interruptions at the worst time possible (start of budding)... it still helped plenty, I think outright saved the Strawberry Amnesia which proved to be plain weak against mold... After some alarming sudden attacks, it stomped it down to a low level small spot chase here and there, easily spotted and excised....

I would really like to see that osmocote product tested here... looks just like with a "super soil", volume = more reserves... Do you mix it inand plant right away, or does it get some cooking time? I'm curious about how fast it starts to release for that critical early stage...
I've been interested in learning more about how those are made, the compounding, coating, nano-tech chemistry-?.... do you know if there's an equivalent available to individual growers? What's the brand name?
We use a commecicial only variation designed for potted flowering plants in greenhouses. You can definitely get a similar product under the brand name "Osmocote" but I believe it is a 6 month release instead of the 2-3 month release formula we use. The stuff we use is made by ICL, the same company that makes "Peters" and "Jacks" I think. This is the link to the exact product we use for some of our seed production can be found HERE. We plant right away after mixing. Keep in mind we mix it in Mendo Mix which is already fairly hot. I'm happy to send you 100ml or so to try out if you feel like doing an experiment. It's a conventional mineral based product so I'm sure a lot of the organic folks will shy away from it for good reason but its a solid product that serves a good purpose. HERE is a link to their coating technology (not much info on chemistry)

Last edited:
Ah, literally Osmocote :baked:...

That's what I mean, a quality product that would serve many (not just cannabis) best is n/a to us plebeians :shrug:... that 2-3 months is the key!

Thanks for the links Adam, very interesting and fun stuff actually,... the sophistication is worlds past what it was since last time I worked with such products.
Apparently it does take a week or so to start working, which is perfect for seedlings in a decently rich soil. If for some reason somebody wants to ramp it up sooner, they can let it sit, warmer side of things for a bit and have it working and ready for things like needy transplants... Nifty!
I'd be happy to try a taste on one of the ladiez, thank you :biggrin: ...I welcome a comparison and to try of something I dismissed long ago for cannabis. I'll get with you in PM :thumbsup:

One thing that's always a debate: flushing/synthetic nutes... Many folks I see here are increasingly dubious about it, how necessary really is, under what circumstances..*( qualifier: That's after they learn what flushing actually is/does, and dispelling the misconception that somehow excess nutes are being "flushed" from the tissues themselves)...
With a constant presence in the soil, barring total depletion and any overload signs, does T20M do any such process themselves? Hearing this from a professional angle would be great!
...personally, with few exceptions, I think flushing in bogus... far better to manage and taper things off and end light, with the right stuff going in at the right time if using synth. nutes...

@Waira - I already went hunting for it also....

EVERRIS 12-7-18 Osmocote Bloom 5-6mo 50LB A90102

I found it for sale without needing an account... however, UK and they only deliver to Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, and Essex.

@St. Tom - Might need your help with this one :biggrin: Buy a bag for the forum and divvy it up!

US with free shipping: $150!

Dunno where all you guys are but thats what i found so far. But yes, 50lb bags only.

Nice find Bill. Whats the ebay shipping? The pestrong one is free ship at $150. A 50lb bag might be $$ to send. Nice to see it's actually available in a few places.

DCLXVI, update #6
Day 14: End of week 2 in soil. 5th node starting to emerge already. Just about to top this one as soon as enough stem is out to get cutters on it! I know most topping guides for autos say 4th node before day 21. I'm still nervous so I'm going for #5 to make sure it stays full steam ahead.

P1030158.JPG

Tight!

side14.JPG

EDIT: PS that first set of serrated leaves is coming off too! They are clearly being completely shadowed already. LST incoming as well!

Day 14: End of week 2 in soil. 5th node starting to emerge already. Just about to top this one as soon as enough stem is out to get cutters on it! I know most topping guides for autos say 4th node before day 21. I'm still nervous so I'm going for #5 to make sure it stays full steam ahead.

View attachment 1296539

Tight!

View attachment 1296540

EDIT: PS that first set of serrated leaves is coming off too! They are clearly being completely shadowed already. LST incoming as well!
Nice! Shes a tall stretcher so you should be safe topping and not worrying too much about stress or ending up with tiny plants
Ah, literally Osmocote :baked:...

That's what I mean, a quality product that would serve many (not just cannabis) best is n/a to us plebeians :shrug:... that 2-3 months is the key!

Thanks for the links Adam, very interesting and fun stuff actually,... the sophistication is worlds past what it was since last time I worked with such products.
Apparently it does take a week or so to start working, which is perfect for seedlings in a decently rich soil. If for some reason somebody wants to ramp it up sooner, they can let it sit, warmer side of things for a bit and have it working and ready for things like needy transplants... Nifty!
I'd be happy to try a taste on one of the ladiez, thank you :biggrin: ...I welcome a comparison and to try of something I dismissed long ago for cannabis. I'll get with you in PM :thumbsup:

One thing that's always a debate: flushing/synthetic nutes... Many folks I see here are increasingly dubious about it, how necessary really is, under what circumstances..*( qualifier: That's after they learn what flushing actually is/does, and dispelling the misconception that somehow excess nutes are being "flushed" from the tissues themselves)...
With a constant presence in the soil, barring total depletion and any overload signs, does T20M do any such process themselves? Hearing this from a professional angle would be great!
...personally, with few exceptions, I think flushing in bogus... far better to manage and taper things off and end light, with the right stuff going in at the right time if using synth. nutes...
Great question about flushing and one that surely gets people excited. Me , Personally, I am in your camp. I'm not sure how much it really does to expell the minerals from the plant tissue....however, super over fertilized plants certainly have more minerals in their cell walls with increased turgor pressure and osmotic gradient (this is true for both organic and conventional). That being said, my teamates are much heavier smokers than I and they are very adamant about a 7+ day flush with plain water. They swear it makes a positive difference in the smoke and I don't argue with them. I am one that truly believes that success and sanity lie in "choosing your battles" and that is one I choose not to fight. It def doesn't hurt the plants unless we start the flush too early. We do this with organic cultivation by ceasing all microbial additives and top dress the last few weeks.

Back