Mars Hydro TSW 2000 ( Light test) & Auto Top drip irrigation setup

The drain table drains to a 5 Litre container underneath with a pump in it that will go off every day for 3 mins and get rid off any water,
Container also has a back up overflow pipe incase pump fails,
The pumps an auto watering pump for plants that's not good enough for irrigation, cost £22
Bought the landrip version for £45, not good enough either so I decided to build my own instead just.
Must have a read about yucca, thanks @Jerseyphresh1
Thats the pumps I got for the job originally lol.
The small ones the one I'm using to drain container.
20220717_203711.jpg
20220717_203659.jpg
20220717_203625.jpg
20220717_203612.jpg

Hey Mate :toke:

First off, :welcome: to AFN. As you already noticed a lovely place with fun and friendly people :cheers:
Your setup is crying out for a water only grow. Not only will this prevent loads of issues with clogged pipes, as you are running pure tapwater through them. But adjusting pH is something from the past.
I must say, you are required to feed them some extra PK during flower and those are best done via manual application.

Thanks mate I'm looking forward to the first water test tomorrow to see of its gona work, there's no reason why it shouldn't, lol
Any info on biotabs anywhere as want to use just water instead of mixing nutes in the res?
What would you like to know? I've done one complete grow with an Autopot system in conjunction with a BioTabs Starter Pack. Using it is so simple even I could figure out what to do...
Now I'm growing in the greenhouse and all the grows I'm running in there are with BioTabs. I frekkin' love the product and how easy it made my life :coffee:

Are you gonna start the drippers now m8 or hand water til theyre a bit bigger?
Was gonna try out a few drips tonight,
What u think
Hey Mate :toke:

First off, :welcome: to AFN. As you already noticed a lovely place with fun and friendly people :cheers:
Your setup is crying out for a water only grow. Not only will this prevent loads of issues with clogged pipes, as you are running pure tapwater through them. But adjusting pH is something from the past.
I must say, you are required to feed them some extra PK during flower and those are best done via manual application.

What would you like to know? I've done one complete grow with an Autopot system in conjunction with a BioTabs Starter Pack. Using it is so simple even I could figure out what to do...
Now I'm growing in the greenhouse and all the grows I'm running in there are with BioTabs. I frekkin' love the product and how easy it made my life :coffee:
That's awesome to hear Bob and sounds right up my street.
Think biotabs is my best option

Test was completed a while ago and was a success :woohoo1:

The only problem is that the 2 drippers in each pot are only wetting a small area below them meaning a lot of the surface soil is remaining dry,
Is this OK or is it preferable for the whole top surface area to wet and if so how?
Should I get different style drippers?

Test was completed a while ago and was a success :woohoo1:

The only problem is that the 2 drippers in each pot are only wetting a small area below them meaning a lot of the surface soil is remaining dry,
Is this OK or is it preferable for the whole top surface area to wet and if so how?
Should I get different style drippers?
The soil will wick the water to it's dryer parts. You just need to figure out a watering schedule. :thumbsup:

That's awesome to hear Bob and sounds right up my street.
Think biotabs is my best option
BioTabs is a great nutrient line mate! Easy, no fuss and Organic, which is great for the terps :cheers:

If be concerned about over watering with the drippers early on m8.. that said I know nout about them.. do u usually feed your seedlings to run off? Some do some don't.. I don't.. I suppose if u put the drippers on a timer u change feed frequency and duration as they grow just yea?? What would u set it at for those wee ones is what I'm wondering??

The soil will wick the water to it's dryer parts. You just need to figure out a watering schedule. :thumbsup:

BioTabs is a great nutrient line mate! Easy, no fuss and Organic, which is great for the terps :cheers:
Thanks Bob
I I'm gonna use the pump by hand when seedlings, rather than a timer.
Just incase I overfeed them, I useally go over a week or so with the first initial soak anyways.
As for bio tabs, I was gonna drop 1 - 1.5 tablet in each pot at around day 15ish, is this ok, I'm using biobizz lightmix

If be concerned about over watering with the drippers early on m8.. that said I know nout about them.. do u usually feed your seedlings to run off? Some do some don't.. I don't.. I suppose if u put the drippers on a timer u change feed frequency and duration as they grow just yea?? What would u set it at for those wee ones is what I'm wondering??
I would manually water seedlings as it's far to easy to overwater them.

Thanks Bob
I I'm gonna use the pump by hand when seedlings, rather than a timer.
Just incase I overfeed them, I useally go over a week or so with the first initial soak anyways.
As for bio tabs, I was gonna drop 1 - 1.5 tablet in each pot at around day 15ish, is this ok, I'm using biobizz lightmix
That could work, but I would put those Tablets in before the roots get around. If you wait 15 days with pushing the tabs in you risk stunting the plant. The BioTabs are slow release and start working after a week or so. Also if you're going so low with the BioTabs I would not only use a Lightmix, but add to that a decent Promix which is loaded with "organic" nutrients. These organic nutrients are slow release and won't mess up the bacterial equilibrium you've created by adding the Bactrex, Mycotrex and Startrex.

That could work, but I would put those Tablets in before the roots get around. If you wait 15 days with pushing the tabs in you risk stunting the plant. The BioTabs are slow release and start working after a week or so. Also if you're going so low with the BioTabs I would not only use a Lightmix, but add to that a decent Promix which is loaded with "organic" nutrients. These organic nutrients are slow release and won't mess up the bacterial equilibrium you've created by adding the Bactrex, Mycotrex and Startrex.
So how many should I use in my average 7/8 L pots.
what's your thoughts on your Goldilocks method in the greenhouse
and should I push them in asap when they arrive, thanks for the advise Bob, how would it stunt them putting them in,
Can I add the tabs on top and put light mix over them,,?

Back