Ahhh what a journey it sounds like you have been on Dudet! I can’t wait to follow your indoor journal!!!

Do you still have some seeds? I’m so jealous that you’ve dabbled in breeding and genetics, no wonder you have got some great advice! You’ve got good experience...

One day I shall look into indoor, but for now, the great outdoors is my playground [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those crosses were from the 90s, gave hundreds of them away when I left the country at the time.
Breeding isn't too hard -- just find your best females and males (be picky), and pollinate the ladies.
Rinse and repeat. Keep it simple, don't mix too many things together in one breeding line.

The outdoors are my playground now, too. Can't beat mother nature's loving embrace!

Despite recent domestic problems and the end of the Heavyweight grow, a quick visit this morning to the outdoor garden:

Site 1:
20180301 Safaris and Friends (1).jpg

Because I went in earlier than usual, I could really see that this site is shaded in the morning.

Site 2:
20180301 Safaris and Friends (2).jpg

Same with the shading here, though slightly less.

Site 3:
This one has earlier light, which is much more ideal.
20180301 Safaris and Friends (3).jpg

20180301 Safaris and Friends (4).jpg

A bit of purple coming out on the leaves.

But....
20180301 Safaris and Friends (5).jpg

Yes, you're seeing correctly, some bud rot there... had some heavy rain again yesterday.
Looks like direct clear sun for the next few days though, little to no chance at rain.

Unfortunately had security issues, so no time to try to clean her up.
Damn.

I think I'll cut this lady as soon as I can.
Which, under present domestic circumstances, may be difficult.
Damn.

Site 4:
20180301 Safaris and Friends (6).jpg

This little one where I pulled the earlier plant a week or more ago.

Shanti,
MJS
:love:

Despite recent domestic problems and the end of the Heavyweight grow, a quick visit this morning to the outdoor garden:

Site 1:
View attachment 871662
Because I went in earlier than usual, I could really see that this site is shaded in the morning.

Site 2:
View attachment 871664
Same with the shading here, though slightly less.

Site 3:
This one has earlier light, which is much more ideal.
View attachment 871666

View attachment 871667
A bit of purple coming out on the leaves.

But....
View attachment 871668
Yes, you're seeing correctly, some bud rot there... had some heavy rain again yesterday.
Looks like direct clear sun for the next few days though, little to no chance at rain.

Unfortunately had security issues, so no time to try to clean her up.
Damn.

I think I'll cut this lady as soon as I can.
Which, under present domestic circumstances, may be difficult.
Damn.

Site 4:
View attachment 871670
This little one where I pulled the earlier plant a week or more ago.

Shanti,
MJS
Bright spot to a cloudy last few days . Your little ladies. They look healthy too

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Bright spot to a cloudy last few days . Your little ladies. They look healthy too

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

Yes. Hopefully will keep the rot down for a few days.
I'm going to be out of town again for a while.
Will plan to cut down when I return.

They are quite healthy. The soil here is not bad, a little sandy (river bank).
Some of the lower leaves on some of the plants have yellowed, but that's normal.
And the lower leaves are already a couple of months old!

Harvest Round [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG]

I've been out of town again for a few days, and just got back.
Before I left, I noticed that little bit of bud rot starting on the older Safari lady...
Luckily, checking the weather while I was out, it was mainly sunny and warm, no rain.

Not long after I returned, I took the opportunity to go and check the site,
and try to the harvest that older Safari girl. Was worried that the rot may have spread...

Grabbing my bag and scissors, out I went. I checked the weather report before I left, and...
forecast for rain again this afternoon. So, better go quick!

5 minutes out the door, and the rain started. Damn! Took shelter for a bit.
It eased, and I pressed on. I didn't want to cut wet plants, horrible to dry in high humidity!
But I also didn't want them wet on the plant, with the rot spreading.

When I got the site, the rain hadn't hit it much, just a touch of moisture.
The younger Safaris (and possibly autos) were doing well.
Yellowing a bit, but still many white pistils. They'd been enjoying the sunny weather!

Group 1 - Younger Safari (2 plants)
20180305 Safaris and Friends, Harvest 2 (1).jpg

She's doing fine. Yellowing, no more stretching, slowly bulking up, nice crystals.
The bud on the far left is actually another smaller plant, heavily shadowed by the main lady.

Group 2 - Younger Safari (1 plant)
20180305 Safaris and Friends, Harvest 2 (2).jpg

She's doing fine. Yellowing, no more stretching, slowly bulking up, nice crystals.
Slightly smaller than the first group, above.

Group 3 - Older and Younger Safari and Friend (3 plants)
20180305 Safaris and Friends, Harvest 2 (3).jpg

There are three plants here, actually!
On the left with purple is a smaller plant, I think a younger Safari girl.
On the right may be an auto, or younger Safari.
Up top is the older Safari lady. Can see a touch of bud rot, but it hadn't spread (lucky!)
I cut down 90% of the older Safari, plus the top half of the other two, they were more mature than expected.

Group 4 - Already cut Older Safari and Friend
20180305 Safaris and Friends, Harvest 2 (4).jpg

Another two plants. Bottom left in green on the stump is the remains of the older Safari already harvested.
Top right in yellow is a younger plant, maybe auto, not sure. Just a tiny little wispy bud. :p

No time for fancy bud shots, sorry. I did a rough trim on site, and into a brown paper bag.
I wanted to get clear and check security, although all went smoothly.
Here's a peek in the bag halfway home:
20180305 Safaris and Friends, Harvest 2 (5).jpg

This may be a 1/4 oz = 7 g or so. I should really cut the stems out more, now that I see this picture...

Got home safely with my fresh bag of herbs.
Opened the door, put down my bag and...
the rains started to pour down, very heavily, but just for 20 minutes!

Lucky I took the chance, and cut.
The remaining girls need a few more weeks.
Weather forecast for ... cloudy, some sun, some showers for a few days, then mainly sunny and clear for a week!

All is good.

Love and hugs,
MJS

YES! And fresh they are. Most of these Safaris smell like their mother -- lovely fresh, crisp, pine, menthol, mint flavor.
Hope they can dry out nicely for a smoke. The first one harvested is now in the jar curing.
I'm sure they will try out fantastic

Back