Outdoor trailanimal 2019

Evening @trailanimal . Need some advice on the MoB and Karmatonic Z (photo) going outside. I think I started them too early. They are already huge in a 5gal. Should I up pot them to 10gallon before flower? I’m thinking they will be too root bound to finish strong in a 5g. Thanks!
(Always grown Autos, so all new territory)

Evening @trailanimal . Need some advice on the MoB and Karmatonic Z (photo) going outside. I think I started them too early. They are already huge in a 5gal. Should I up pot them to 10gallon before flower? I’m thinking they will be too root bound to finish strong in a 5g. Thanks!

Go for the 10 gal!
If they are already filling 5 gal pots now, they must still have a month or more of veg, let alone flower.
Can get some nice yields in a 10 gal outside.

Go for the 10 gal!
If they are already filling 5 gal pots now, they must still have a month or more of veg, let alone flower.
Can get some nice yields in a 10 gal outside.
@Maria Sanchez , Thank you! Yes, Already a Meter tall for MoB with at least a month left of veg. . Yikes! Fortunately, I have enough supersoil to pot them up.

I'm about to throw some mobs in some 15 and 20 gallons. I think ten will do it as long as they have enough nutes in the super soil for the home stretch. I supplement with liquid fish ferts and a top dressing of rainbow mix if they need it. Just make sure to keep them out of the rain and mist come harvest season, chunky buds for sure!

I grew photos in NorCal in the 70's, in an old barnyard, in the soil. They got huge. 5 gallon will grow a smaller plant. How old are they? What have your overnight temps been? If your nightimes are out of the 30sF I think you are ok. I wouldn't want to trans a 5 into a 10! I'm having the warmest spring ever. Nights in the greenhouse have been around 50, usually get this for a couple of weeks in July. Plants are loving this.
Ok ok. I think I get it. You aren't gonna pit em in the ground. If you intend to keep them in pots I'd trans before they get any bigger.

Last edited:
44960269-1571-4B8B-9882-CC9408CC949D.jpeg
05792FDF-66EE-454A-82ED-714AE0BB1DFB.jpeg
I grew photos in NorCal in the 70's, in an old barnyard, in the soil. They got huge. 5 gallon will grow a smaller plant. How old are they? What have your overnight temps been? If your nightimes are out of the 30sF I think you are ok. I wouldn't want to trans a 5 into a 10! I'm having the warmest spring ever. Nights in the greenhouse have been around 50, usually get this for a couple of weeks in July. Plants are loving this.
Ok ok. I think I get it. You aren't gonna pit em in the ground. If you intend to keep them in pots I'd trans before they get any bigger.
Hi @trailanimal , The original plan was for an in the ground grow, but life got in the way and the vegetable plot is in tough shape, so fabric pots on the deck is plan B. The girls are about 6weeks old and good size. Daytime temps are 70s and nights 50’s. My Autos stay at the size I like in 5gallon but as you can see, they are too big to stay in them into flower?

View attachment 1069632 View attachment 1069633
Hi @trailanimal , The original plan was for an in the ground grow, but life got in the way and the vegetable plot is in tough shape, so fabric pots on the deck is plan B. The girls are about 6weeks old and good size. Daytime temps are 70s and nights 50’s. My Autos stay at the size I like in 5gallon but as you can see, they are too big to stay in them into flower?
Wowza! Those look fantastic :drool:
Yes, I would put them in a bigger pot unless you can just dig a hole for them.
Please post pics as they grow, you can use my thread anytime

@Maria Sanchez , Thank you! Yes, Already a Meter tall for MoB with at least a month left of veg. . Yikes! Fortunately, I have enough supersoil to pot them up.

I've been lurking in all those Bubba Trouble grow threads.
They look like amazing plants for outdoors in a fairly rough and tough environment.
Have you seen wwwile's short youtube vid?

Back