Grow Mediums To Be or Not To Be ...

Just a few pics and an update on the tent.

First I harvested the three ladies who had nutrient lockout. They are hanging and one lady is back inside the tent after her cut so she can ripen up some more.
I am having the nastiest time getting the two Fast Buds to survive. I will admit that the new media base of coco/perlite/Bizz Lite is just not working for these two. It is the fault of the mix and not the ladies. :frowny: I broke the glass on the bottom of my Blue Lab PH pen:shrug:

The good news is the other ladies are doing great. Fat Blueberry is filling out her buds and there is heavy frost on her flowers. Cheese Berry is also so green and so frosty. I never used to like the frost much. :eek1: Malawi Northern Lights is just about reay to turn off her growth lights. She is just about ready. It should be 7-10 days b4 she is ready.

Linda Seeds: Fat Blueberry in back and Malawi Northern Lights in front.
View attachment 1265149

Malawi Northern Lights
View attachment 1265150

View attachment 1265151

View attachment 1265152

Cheese Berry
View attachment 1265153

View attachment 1265154

View attachment 1265155

Fat Blueberry
View attachment 1265156

View attachment 1265157

View attachment 1265158

View attachment 1265159

View attachment 1265160

Thanks for being you.
some of them aren't the prettiest but still banging plants otherwise i also get lockouts a fair bit on the autopots and the only fix i find is to either flush or top feed to run off for say a week but we both run multiple strains so its a little hard to keep them all happy

some of them aren't the prettiest but still banging plants otherwise i also get lockouts a fair bit on the autopots and the only fix i find is to either flush or top feed to run off for say a week but we both run multiple strains so its a little hard to keep them all happy
I am just not sure what is up with the lock outs and really bad PH swings. I do flush them and I did it twice. After a flush I set it out of the tray and top hand water them. Then some want to be bottom feed but not from the autopots valve :doh:. I know you know what fun we can have. I have some Hydroton and will try that and just that. What a task to clean that shite out of them balls. Talk about a whole lot of flushing. I know they are clay pellets and are made from dirt but they need a lot of flushing. More than I remember. Any way I will need to throw away my new magic mix and go back to coco or copy you and put some balls in that coco. Take care and stay safe, my pond friend.

I am just not sure what is up with the lock outs and really bad PH swings. I do flush them and I did it twice. After a flush I set it out of the tray and top hand water them. Then some want to be bottom feed but not from the autopots valve :doh:. I know you know what fun we can have. I have some Hydroton and will try that and just that. What a task to clean that shite out of them balls. Talk about a whole lot of flushing. I know they are clay pellets and are made from dirt but they need a lot of flushing. More than I remember. Any way I will need to throw away my new magic mix and go back to coco or copy you and put some balls in that coco. Take care and stay safe, my pond friend.
i buy it pre mixed either canna/coco balls or this new one I'm trying ecothrive and if I'm honest i just like these for the ease as there ready to pot right up as both come pre buffered and this new one has this charge thing added to it

Attachments

• ecothrive.jpg
    ecothrive.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 32
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 32
i buy it pre mixed either canna/coco balls or this new one I'm trying ecothrive and if I'm honest i just like these for the ease as there ready to pot right up as both come pre buffered and this new one has this charge thing added to it
thanks.

Just a few pics and an update on the tent.

First I harvested the three ladies who had nutrient lockout. They are hanging and one lady is back inside the tent after her cut so she can ripen up some more.
I am having the nastiest time getting the two Fast Buds to survive. I will admit that the new media base of coco/perlite/Bizz Lite is just not working for these two. It is the fault of the mix and not the ladies. :frowny: I broke the glass on the bottom of my Blue Lab PH pen:shrug:

The good news is the other ladies are doing great. Fat Blueberry is filling out her buds and there is heavy frost on her flowers. Cheese Berry is also so green and so frosty. I never used to like the frost much. :eek1: Malawi Northern Lights is just about reay to turn off her growth lights. She is just about ready. It should be 7-10 days b4 she is ready.

Linda Seeds: Fat Blueberry in back and Malawi Northern Lights in front.
View attachment 1265149

Malawi Northern Lights
View attachment 1265150

View attachment 1265151

View attachment 1265152

Cheese Berry
View attachment 1265153

View attachment 1265154

View attachment 1265155

Fat Blueberry
View attachment 1265156

View attachment 1265157

View attachment 1265158

View attachment 1265159

View attachment 1265160

Thanks for being you.
thank you both.

man....you're growing trees! So impressive.
Well it all depends on each lady to tell the truth. Each one is so unique that who knows what will come out. I am very happy that she was able to be all she was meant to be. A bit too big ... I would say. It is all a roll of them dice.
:pighug:

Good morning every one. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. My sweetie pie and myself had a simple meal. We bought a spiral cut pre-cooked ham and it was put in the smoker with mesquite wood chips. Not everyone likes the taste but for me it is heaven.
View attachment 1259229

Today 4 ladies reach day 75. Three of the ladies I tried to burn up with too much nutes are flowering rather nicely. The 4th lady is still packing on her weight to her buds as well as adding more trichomes.

Two ladies are are 6 weeks old and the two newer ladies are 17 days old.

I have a two monster lurking in my tent. Ace Seeds: Malawi x Northern Lights is short and stout while Linda Seeds: Fat Blueberry at 42 days is tall and very Sativa shaped. Fat Blueberry is now 48"/122 cm tall. I have some room left to raise one light some more. I have raised it twice so far. We will see how how she finished up. I am very lucky to have these fine ladies. So here are pics from this AM.

View attachment 1259230

View attachment 1259231

View attachment 1259232

View attachment 1259233
View attachment 1259240

View attachment 1259234

View attachment 1259242

View attachment 1259241

View attachment 1259239

View attachment 1259236

View attachment 1259237

View attachment 1259238

View attachment 1259235
I hope this finds you well and warm.

Today I jared the three ladies, who I nutrient locked out early on in this thread. They provide about 4 oz dried.

Tomorrow is garbage pick up so I decided to throw away the coco/perlite/Bizz Light from those ladies. Now all of these had used my new mix. 60% coco, 20 % perlite and 20% Bizz Light. They were almost completely dry so they came out real easy.

What I saw was a 3 layer cake. Yes three separate layers. Top layer was coco/perlite and no roots. This layer was about 1/3 of total. Second/middle layer was again coco and perlite and totally encircled by the roots. This was more than half of the total. The bottom layer was Bizz Light and some perlite. This layer was about 2 inches. BUT NO Roots were in this level and this was seen in all of the AutoPots.

I have been having "fits" trying to figure out why they went from great to shite. Since we top water the autopots this "seems" to be a possible cause for the lockout. Once I turned on the rez at 2 weeks, as the leaves were over the sides of the pot, this is when my "lockout" occurred. I lost 4 ladies.
All I think is that the top watering caused the lite mix to settle to the bottom. No that does not seem so bad, does it?

For some reason the two new ladies, at 35 days, are only surviving IF I keep them out of their trays. I have rinsed/flushed these two pot 3 times. PS I did not try to flush out the 4 that died early on. SO when I put them back in the trays with the hand watering, they start to go yellow. So I tested the run off from the top feed. The PH was 6.9-7.0. :eek1: These two ladies with my crazy mix are thriving now. JUST as long as they are top watered and are not allowed to sit in their trays. It seems that bottom layer is rather nasty to me ladies. My PH is 5.9-6.0 when I top water or feed from the rez. So it has a huge swing and it really stung me.

Do I have pics of it ,no. I threw it away b4 all of this grow was sinking in to why it went so bad. Why some are ok and others are not :dizzy:? Well As I say the ladies are all unique just like the entire universe. I will take pics of pots when the ladies who are thriving are harvested. It will be interesting to see if they have the same 3 layer cake.

Hell I think I watch an episode of Prue and Paul.

Today I jared the three ladies, who I nutrient locked out early on in this thread. They provide about 4 oz dried.

Tomorrow is garbage pick up so I decided to throw away the coco/perlite/Bizz Light from those ladies. Now all of these had used my new mix. 60% coco, 20 % perlite and 20% Bizz Light. They were almost completely dry so they came out real easy.

What I saw was a 3 layer cake. Yes three separate layers. Top layer was coco/perlite and no roots. This layer was about 1/3 of total. Second/middle layer was again coco and perlite and totally encircled by the roots. This was more than half of the total. The bottom layer was Bizz Light and some perlite. This layer was about 2 inches. BUT NO Roots were in this level and this was seen in all of the AutoPots.

I have been having "fits" trying to figure out why they went from great to shite. Since we top water the autopots this "seems" to be a possible cause for the lockout. Once I turned on the rez at 2 weeks, as the leaves were over the sides of the pot, this is when my "lockout" occurred. I lost 4 ladies.
All I think is that the top watering caused the lite mix to settle to the bottom. No that does not seem so bad, does it?

For some reason the two new ladies, at 35 days, are only surviving IF I keep them out of their trays. I have rinsed/flushed these two pot 3 times. PS I did not try to flush out the 4 that died early on. SO when I put them back in the trays with the hand watering, they start to go yellow. So I tested the run off from the top feed. The PH was 6.9-7.0. :eek1: These two ladies with my crazy mix are thriving now. JUST as long as they are top watered and are not allowed to sit in their trays. It seems that bottom layer is rather nasty to me ladies. My PH is 5.9-6.0 when I top water or feed from the rez. So it has a huge swing and it really stung me.

Do I have pics of it ,no. I threw it away b4 all of this grow was sinking in to why it went so bad. Why some are ok and others are not :dizzy:? Well As I say the ladies are all unique just like the entire universe. I will take pics of pots when the ladies who are thriving are harvested. It will be interesting to see if they have the same 3 layer cake.

Hell I think I watch an episode of Prue and Paul.

Will you use the same mix again? Or do you plan to take out the BizzLight?

Edit... nm... you are going back to coco only, cool.

Back