So do u usually veg for 5/6 weeks then m8 or is it just depending how the plants look?? I've never grown a photo in my life so just curious..
depends on the amount of plants i have or what im trying to do really i dont want these to get too out of control so i decided to flip straight away my next run will be 9 sweet seeds F1 fast strains il only veg them for 2-3 weeks keep them small no topping
a general rule to go by is 4-5 weeks

So realistically.. with that f1 fast strain there won't be much time difference start to finish than if u were growin autos as most autos take more than the 10 weeks breeders suggest really?? Yea?

So realistically.. with that f1 fast strain there won't be much time difference start to finish than if u were growin autos as most autos take more than the 10 weeks breeders suggest really?? Yea?
Autos 10/12 weeks.. photos 12/14 weeks loosely?
yeah thats about it add or take away a few weeks depending on strain something like the lemon bruce diesel from sssc potentially with a 5 week veg and 10-11 week flower your looking at 15-16 weeks thats a long time if your only running one tent if i didnt have the small 70 x 70cm space to give me a head start i dont think id be growing photos i plan to go back to doing autos in the colder months this year

:jointman: hey HTG! Fast versions are a cross between a photo and an auto generally speaking; Sweets are true F1's , no back crossing... Their trick is shorter blooming times, often easier to trigger into bloom as well, but they'er still fully photoperiod sensitive. The speed of their blooming is going to depend in part on the photo's parents speed, so say an already fast normal photo like Green Poison will get even faster as an F1FV version... Something with a long bloom cycle like Jack47 can have the F1FV version reduce that time by 1-2 weeks depending on your grow specifics. It's great for those looking to beat shitty weather, or have short outdoor seasons, or reduce their operation costs indoors...
GPF1FV is one of my all time fav's, and outside she can finish blooming in under 6 weeks! :hothot: ... I believe outdoor life and conditions play a role in this speed, so I don't think they will be quite as fast indoors from what I've seen.... We'll have a good test of it though with my man TF! :woohoo1::greenthumb:

I'm running some photos right now that are supposed to be 75 day from flip, they are from brothers grimm. One of them called for an 8 week veg!!!!

If I couldn't have started them in my veg tent I never would have done it. Outside only I think for photos at this point as a general rule for me. I just wanted to grow these strains and didn't want to wait.

SKYWALKER HAZE WK1
Gelato 41 Auto day 27
topped at the 3rd node but removed the 1st set so 4 main tops

Disclaimer: I could have you confused with someone else on here

So I think that I've seen you post before you do not like to defoliate, I think because you prefer to tuck? And don't think its needed really/causes stress on the plant.

So topping...different for sure. But still cause some stress and delay some things in the overall grow.

Could you go over why you are more comfortable with topping?

Again, sorry if got you confused with someone else, and this isn't a snarky question either. Learned alot on here and want to know what motivates peoples choices! :thumbsup:

Disclaimer: I could have you confused with someone else on here

So I think that I've seen you post before you do not like to defoliate, I think because you prefer to tuck? And don't think its needed really/causes stress on the plant.

So topping...different for sure. But still cause some stress and delay some things in the overall grow.

Could you go over why you are more comfortable with topping?

Again, sorry if got you confused with someone else, and this isn't a snarky question either. Learned alot on here and want to know what motivates peoples choices! :thumbsup:
it could be another person but heck who knows :smoking:i have said in the past that when iv grown autos i didnt like to mess with them too much no topping especially if your a newbie and very little defoliation nothing compared to what i do with my photo periods i really like to leaf tuck as much as possible this is like you say to give them the least amount of stress possible
when it comes to training and topping iv never topped a auto before but theres more than enough evidence around here to show it can work wonders yes you are going to stress the plant out but if done at the right time on a healthy plant recovery is minimal needs to be done in the 15-25 day mark
what i hate seeing people do is bending over the main top and pulling out the branches on a tiny 8-12 inch plant they never seem to do much i know the one i did it was a very small plant plant this in my opinion its not a good method unless your very experienced
to sum up for auto flowers yes top them if you want strain depending of course and minimal defoliation just the bottoms and whatever blocks light coming through as little as possible
for photo periods you can basically do what you want :crying:

hope that answers your question can be dangerous asking me something in the morning after a wake n bake you will get a essay of nonsense :smokeit:

Back