it could be another person but heck who knows :smoking:i have said in the past that when iv grown autos i didnt like to mess with them too much no topping especially if your a newbie and very little defoliation nothing compared to what i do with my photo periods i really like to leaf tuck as much as possible this is like you say to give them the least amount of stress possible
when it comes to training and topping iv never topped a auto before but theres more than enough evidence around here to show it can work wonders yes you are going to stress the plant out but if done at the right time on a healthy plant recovery is minimal needs to be done in the 15-25 day mark
what i hate seeing people do is bending over the main top and pulling out the branches on a tiny 8-12 inch plant they never seem to do much i know the one i did it was a very small plant plant this in my opinion its not a good method unless your very experienced
to sum up for auto flowers yes top them if you want strain depending of course and minimal defoliation just the bottoms and whatever blocks light coming through as little as possible
for photo periods you can basically do what you want :crying:

hope that answers your question can be dangerous asking me something in the morning after a wake n bake you will get a essay of nonsense :smokeit:
No good answer! So to show I’m even further out of the loop, are these latest pics photos?

I defoliate because I love it, I dunno something wrong with my brain but I love clipping fan leaves. Been working hard to curve the addiction though and showing signs of progress:crying:

I don’t top Autos but I’ll trim some leaves. I have two photos in my big tent right now I topped. lollipopped them under my nets. Photos are fun, but autos are fast lol

No good answer! So to show I’m even further out of the loop, are these latest pics photos?

I defoliate because I love it, I dunno something wrong with my brain but I love clipping fan leaves. Been working hard to curve the addiction though and showing signs of progress:crying:

I don’t top Autos but I’ll trim some leaves. I have two photos in my big tent right now I topped. lollipopped them under my nets. Photos are fun, but autos are fast lol
the gelato41 are auto the skywalkers are photo
i know where your coming from its easy to get carried away then you stand up and go oops!! that may have been too much :crying:
there no one answer fits all you will figure out what works best for you with some trial and error :thumbsup:

SKYWALKER HAZE WK2
Gelato41 auto day 36
Day 36ish for the lil gelato forest all have pretty much shown sex now hopefully flower comes soon
20210312_003136.jpg

20210312_003142.jpg

Right back into the auto game like ya'd never been away fella :d5: proper grower :pighug: wee plants look great.. just about to reach for the sky.
cheers hope im pretty happy with them but i pray they dont stretch to much not alot of head space left for them id prefer not to tie them down but i think il have to shortly

They'll probably quadruple in size just because you don't want them to m8 :crying: thats usually how it goes :cooldance::vibes: in gonna put a 'neck break line' around inside of my tent for this current grow.. like physically draw it on.. any branch that strays over the line gets a broken neck no questions no excuses lol not good for your buds being so close to the LEDs for so long I've learned!

SKYWALKER HAZE WK3
Back