Completed The Outdoor Auto/Photo Competition 2020 and Winner Announcements

@Waira update she just want stop growing
20200813_192934.jpg
20200813_192947.jpg
20200813_192953.jpg

@Waira I’ll take a look at LHB. I do have some of my own seed from the grows that did well and produced some seed.

There's a journal of some LBH grows in my signature line.
It's got quite a few different plants by different members here.
Some outdoors some indoors, autos and photos, but mostly haze / sativa-dominants.

update Shiva 8/14
La Buena Hierba Selection

A few days with a bit of rain, a bit of sun, some clouds, nothing too extreme.
Day temps around 34C-35C, a degree or two cooler than last month, RH maybe 60%-70%,
night temps around 27C-28C still, RH up to maybe 80%-85%.
Thought to visit, as rain hasn't been enough to really keep them going.
Though they have been drinking slightly less with the mulch, lower temps, and as they mature.

Day 108 (Flowering Day 81) La Buena Hierba: Thai Gold Photo, "Miss Thailand"

She's really hitting her maturity now, just entering the ripe window, though it will continue for a while.
Those outer leaves are continuing to yellow, then die and shrivel up.
So I first pick off those dead leaves, definitely don't want to leave them near the flowers.
There are some leaves that have a faint pink red coloration to them.
Despite these dead leaves and the high RH, no signs of anything nasty inside.
The older calyxes on the main stems are also now totally brown and withered up.

Enough talk, need to show you some pics!

20200814 LBH Selection (1).jpg

20200814 LBH Selection (2).jpg

And some of the individual colas, which ended up more than just those two towers!

20200814 LBH Selection (3).jpg

You can see the increase in the trichomes.
The way the outer leaves and yellowing and dropping, it will make harvest easier, just sticky leaves remaining!

20200814 LBH Selection (4).jpg

They are not super tight and dense, but this is better for my climate conditions.

20200814 LBH Selection (5).jpg

Can see there is still production of fresh white-pistil calyxes.
But the older calyxes are already degrading, so need to find that balance between fresh growth and older over-maturity.

20200814 LBH Selection (6).jpg

I may first cut one (or more) of the smaller to medium colas first.
I have a good window for harvesting this weekend, so might get some in a bit earlier.
Then leave the rest for another week or two or however long they need.
Jars at home also getting low...

20200814 LBH Selection (7).jpg

Day 79 (Flowering Day 42) La Buena Hierba: Jack Herer Auto, "Lady Jacqui"

Lady Jacqui was wilting a tiny bit, she seems a little thirstier, mainly due to the medium being light, I think.
Though she has stayed greener than Miss Thailand over all, just losing a few outer fan leaves.
Her buds are slightly leafier at this point, so it may be she just has more N in the mix.

But her autoflowering genetics are kicking in, as she has gotten thicker very quickly.
Almost catching up to Miss Thailand, thought not quite.
Her perfume is getting stronger too.

20200814 LBH Selection (8).jpg

Let's look at some of those longer colas she has there!

20200814 LBH Selection (9).jpg

Maybe I can also take a smaller test bud from her this weekend, as a sampler to see how she's maturing.

20200814 LBH Selection (10).jpg

20200814 LBH Selection (11).jpg

A touch of color up top, but I don't think it's going to have time to do much.

20200814 LBH Selection (12).jpg

Next is the longest and largest colas on Lady Jacqui.
This one is the same length as my fingertips to elbow!

20200814 LBH Selection (13).jpg

Love and hugs,
~SM
:love:

Last edited:
update 4-D rock 8/14
Great job everyone, looking through this forum is amazing to see the beautiful variety of plants. It’s been a little while since My last update due to life craziness. I believe my last one was at week 8 but I have taken a few weekly pics to catch up though.

Week 9 - buds coming along and fattening up. A bit of yellowing of some of the fan leaves and maybe some other deficiency. Didn’t seem major so I didn’t
E479AE95-2046-4FE1-A2B1-27F18E4272CA.jpeg

Week 10 - The fugue states buds are super loaded with trichomes. Lookin delicious and putting on a bit of weight. Cream Manderineid a bit more leafy but the main cola is chunking out. Getting some citrus notes out of the aroma. Both still show progressing deficiencies, slow moving though. Not sure if they are hungry or maybe

8918ADEA-D511-47BE-B590-CB4D96BF6BD1.jpeg

0318F7C6-5BEF-4711-8BC9-A05A57F3CDF9.jpeg

Week 11 - I’m not sure if the bud growth is slowing down, but it may be time to start considering harvest. Unfortunately the cream Manderine main cola got hit with some bud rot. I clipped the affected bud and hoping that got it. Of course it stormed last night and soaked them, hoping the wind can dry them off before things get worse. Because of this I think the Fugue state may be my choice for final entry. Not too bad though as I’m pretty happy with the frosty buds it’s producing
C8707DC8-D1FD-45FA-882F-B668D34F4DC2.jpeg

31D39CD4-95EA-4F6A-8EA5-CAC86DCAD539.jpeg

45ED7FAD-9077-4B29-8711-B8F28251C564.jpeg

Update on my Ripleys OG, day 84 and looking like shes got a few more weeks left. Really weird buds but they're hella frosty and smell delicious.
She's getting better bud formation bit by bit mate:greenthumb:.... Stacking the calyxes on those foxtaily bits is a-OK, and the resin is on point!:drool: What's her aroma like now?

:vibe: :growing::headbang: @Jtsmoker ... Phat-City over there! We love large ladiezzz :pimp:.... in that first pic, what's that monster one behind the greenhouse? :crying:-- bet she smells piney!

She's really hitting her maturity now, just entering the ripe window, though it will continue for a while.
Those outer leaves are continuing to yellow, then die and shrivel up.
So I first pick off those dead leaves, definitely don't want to leave them near the flowers.
There are some leaves that have a faint pink red coloration to them.
Despite these dead leaves and the high RH, no signs of anything nasty inside.
The older calyxes on the main stems are also now totally brown and withered up.
:spels: Miss Thailand- :rofl: ... that model needs to eat more! The environment is right up her grow alley luv, her appetite is simply larger than expected I'd say,...Mo defc. can do some odd colored blushing, but on the uppers since it's immobile... Is that where you see it? P defc. can do that too,...
All that rain is making it a challenge to keep those soluble nutes in the pot!
The browned pistils, some are for sure from the rain; mine to the same thing with foliars sometimes,...the more stuff in it, the worse it browns the tips.
She's going to fox-out, I think the stacking is just starting to ramp up! At another forum I'm at, I'm getting to see some amazing crazy landrace Sati'/hybrid stuff, some are just tangles of foxtails smothered in resins - :eyebrows: ... to the clueless eye, they may be dismissed,....until the top of their head gets blown off by the fierce potency!

La Jacqu', she's got a lot more leaf surface, so it makes sense that she's drying out faster,... hybrid appetite too! No rot is a great sign Shiva, I was worried as JH isn't very resistant, but her auto side and LBH :wiz: is at work here.....
:goodluck:
:karmacloud:
- on the home stretch my friend!

Great job everyone, looking through this forum is amazing to see the beautiful variety of plants. It’s been a little while since My last update due to life craziness. I believe my last one was at week 8 but I have taken a few weekly pics to catch up though.
:jointman: No worries 4-D, we know you aren't up to any funny bizz,... I was gonna wave you in to make sure nothing shitty happened!
They all look great man, nothing out of the norm' for this stage, and buds are chunking up well,... that FS, she's a beauty! I loved mine, very similar looking across the board, and the aroma was heavenly..... CM isn't out of the top spot IMO,...remember, it's a live and dry bud shot, so she has plenty of goods to perv on :rofl:

Hehe, not too shitty, a bit of bud rot and work has gotten busier than I’d like it to.

when you say live and dry shot, is it live as in still on the plant pre-trimmed? Or trimmed, cut and green prior to drying?

I found a bit more Bud rot on the main cola so I took the top off early. There was more on the stem and atouch on the next bud, but other than that they were still good for drying. Took a shot after trim
076A733F-12C7-4D32-8209-819A7B7310DD.jpeg

:spels: Miss Thailand- :rofl: ... that model needs to eat more! The environment is right up her grow alley luv, her appetite is simply larger than expected I'd say,...Mo defc. can do some odd colored blushing, but on the uppers since it's immobile... Is that where you see it? P defc. can do that too,...
All that rain is making it a challenge to keep those soluble nutes in the pot!
The browned pistils, some are for sure from the rain; mine to the same thing with foliars sometimes,...the more stuff in it, the worse it browns the tips.
She's going to fox-out, I think the stacking is just starting to ramp up! At another forum I'm at, I'm getting to see some amazing crazy landrace Sati'/hybrid stuff, some are just tangles of foxtails smothered in resins - :eyebrows: ... to the clueless eye, they may be dismissed,....until the top of their head gets blown off by the fierce potency!

La Jacqu', she's got a lot more leaf surface, so it makes sense that she's drying out faster,... hybrid appetite too! No rot is a great sign Shiva, I was worried as JH isn't very resistant, but her auto side and LBH :wiz: is at work here.....
:karmacloud:
- on the home stretch my friend!

I would like Miss Thailand to eat more, but her lunch box is too small!
It's like 6 L or something, less than 2 gal, and she's not a baby anymore.
The environment is great for her, the rain, heat, humidity, all no problem.
Thailand would actually be hotter than here (except up north), but probably not any wetter.
I can try again with some soluble nutrients, I have Peters 5-11-26 TE and 15-5-15 TE.
The brown pistils are the recent rains, but it's supposed to be dry for the next week or more, good!

Lady Jacqui, yeah, just healthier in general.
I am more worried about her buds, because of the increased density.
She how she looks at the end of this dry period.
LBH website says 9 weeks flowering, and she's only finished week 6.
That's in addition to the almost 5 weeks veg before she showed sex.
Thai Gold is given as 8-9 weeks flowering, but she needs much longer than that here.
May be that when she first went out, in June, day hours still increasing, so may have gone slow.

On the home stretch!

Edit (later addition for today):
Gave Miss Thailand a heavy dose of Peters 5-11-26 TE after @wairas comments.
It has Molybdenum (Mo)0.0100% and of course the 11% P and 26% K for the buds.
I used pure RO water brought from home this time, instead of adding to the pond water (which is rain water, hence low pH).

Have been testing the Thai Gold sample bud cut a week ago.
It's developing well, but decided against taking an early cola today.
Leave her for this coming week of good sunshine, plus hand watering.
Did take a first test sampler bud from Jacqui though.
Give it a week to try it out.
She just got pond water for now, as her color is still quite good.

Last edited:
update Jpkindbud 8/15
WEEKLY UPDATE- the od girls are starting to flower! ITS HAPPENING!!! AP is a little farther along than GG and WW but all healthy... now just to keep patient and feed and water regular and should be good in 8-9 wks
93D7DE7D-0050-4E87-93B8-E4328C844107.jpeg
1C24A561-264D-491A-BADD-8A112DA2D186.jpeg
46C4346D-F992-48D5-AEB4-CC4E291E4624.jpeg
DDED8EF9-6B87-4A10-8B6A-29F749C8A098.jpeg
56ABF067-5FF8-4C9B-AA83-5EEB55D2667A.jpeg
8A5AD00A-ECCF-4EA4-A959-D249E6801EB6.jpeg
first two pics are Alaskan purple, 2nd two are Gorilla girl, and lastly are two of White widow.

WEEKLY UPDATE- the od girls are starting to flower! ITS HAPPENING!!! AP is a little farther along than GG and WW but all healthy... now just to keep patient and feed and water regular and should be good in 8-9 wksView attachment 1223813View attachment 1223814View attachment 1223815View attachment 1223816View attachment 1223817View attachment 1223818first two pics are Alaskan purple, 2nd two are Gorilla girl, and lastly are two of White widow.
Yeah i spread White widow out a little more...

Back