New Grower The Not So Green thumb, First Grow Journal .

Lol :p Read over your grow a bit. Hope the queen turns out good as well :) i ordered some of them air pots as well. They do seem interesting. I will combine those with the ebba gro system for my next one and see what happens with it. Stuff is a lot of fun, too bad it takes like 2 months :p

So today was fun. I decided since I do enjoy this (thanks for every ones help) I should step it up. The grow room I had made had lights and such leaking through, and of course order would of become an issue. So I made an investment. I listed the items I was thinking about buying and bought them. 4x4x7 Tent, Filter, inline fan, speed control(thank god thing is so loud on max).

I also mixed the lighting today between 2700k and 6400k. Some of the 6400k was a bit dim or not as bright. Also the 2700k I have has more lums then my 6400k. If you think this is an awful idea please let me know. The plants are not flowering, even though they are already smelling.

So I ripped out every thing, cleaned the walls and floors really well. Then I sprayed some good pest spray down on the ground and walls and let it soak in for an hour or so. Was pretty much dry.

If any one ever tells you that it's a lot of fun to put together a pretty big grow tent by them self, punch them in the mouth. Word of advise, make sure you have a good deal of space before putting one together heh...

After fighting the tent for a while (Was neck and neck) And finally having the razor blade out threatening it it finally decided to work with me. I also went through gave a good cleaning to the lights, used micro cloth to put them in. Im sure leaving finger prints on T5s doesnt make too much of a deal. (I know HID is bad bad bad) But I wanted to give every thing a fresh clean start.

That whole process took me 4-5 hours. Was a lot of extra work I put on my self.

Sorry for the long rant if any one is reading this. I swear my next grow will be short and simple :p

Here it is.

new room.jpg

I have a few more things to do. I don't like how the filter and inline fan are all sitting on that pole. Think ill get some big zip ties, make it support between the back beam as well. Need to move some wires around and get some nice tape for the filter and the ducting as well.

The tent is not 100% light proof, and 99% is laughable for sure. I'd say 90% would be with in reason, maybe a bit higher. The tent is pretty thick, looks really good. Some of the double stiching is coming out and fraying a bit. Some lights around the zipper seams, stuff I can fix, I am not all that worried about it. Because the room no longer has bright lights every where. It covers up some sound, but not much at all..

Over all not bad for 130$ for that tent. I seen people with GT tents and have the same issues.

That's my rant for the day. I may rant more tomorrow, gals should be due for a feeding.

Looks nice! And totally worth the effort.

If the fraying threads are synthetic, hit them with a lighter and then dap the molten goo down to the tent with your finger...that'll stop it from getting any worse.
Lick your finger before dabbing and you won't burn your finger tip. ;)

my 2 cents

Hey sauce I just got caught up with things and it looks like you're doing great. Very tidy tent & it looks very similar to my setup. You're going to love being in an enclosed environment where you can control things properly. As for the mutant plant, it's just a little duckfoot action that will likely have no bearing on the final product. Some of my best plants have been ugly babies, and some of the most perfect seedlings end up with crappy yields in the end. Keep on keeping on, my friend! :kusht:

Looks nice! And totally worth the effort.

If the fraying threads are synthetic, hit them with a lighter and then dap the molten goo down to the tent with your finger...that'll stop it from getting any worse.
Lick your finger before dabbing and you won't burn your finger tip. ;)

my 2 cents

Hey sauce I just got caught up with things and it looks like you're doing great. Very tidy tent & it looks very similar to my setup. You're going to love being in an enclosed environment where you can control things properly. As for the mutant plant, it's just a little duckfoot action that will likely have no bearing on the final product. Some of my best plants have been ugly babies, and some of the most perfect seedlings end up with crappy yields in the end. Keep on keeping on, my friend! :kusht:

Yeah already am :p Girl wants to get a stealth grow system. But they feel small and cramped or me.. I like the tent and I think the plants will as well.

And yeah, im going to keep the lil girl around and see what she can come up with lol. I really don't expect much but every g counts ;)

I just ordered a bunch of promix, and air pots for the next grow (Thinking ahead). Now I need to look up what they are doing with their promix :p

I am going to read your log a well. Thanks for stopping in ;)

So day 17 since they popped up. These are some picture with one I can take a more close up if needed. If you have any idea let me know heh.

This one has a hole, you can see it on the far left, the leave hanging over. Theres a crease or something (That was from me) But right above that is a hole in it. I didnt see any pest did a few zoom ups. Btw I am using the 420 scope, I really am not a fan of it. If any one knows of a better one please let me know..

DSCF3324.jpg

These are the rest.
DSCF3329.jpgDSCF3328.jpgDSCF3327.jpgDSCF3326.jpgDSCF3325.jpgDSCF3323.jpg

they just got water, so not as perky. The perk up tomorrow.

Last edited:
Still haven't edited the "pooped up"....good for you!

No the funny is gone :( - ;P

Last edited:
Ha! That's what I get for posting at 1-2 in the am :p Thanks ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! That's what I get for posting at 1-2 in the am :p Thanks ;)

Today I found most of my auto berry seeds crushed. My own fault from not planning ahead again. I have one planted, and one seed left, thats fine.

I got air pots in today 5 gal and 3 gal. I planted one more auto, a White Widow Max Auto. I am not sure if it's different fro
m the White Widow auto. Said it was crossed with something and enhanced. Like a white window v2 or something.

Using a 5 gal air pot, and happy frog plus perlite. (Sorry Muddy <3) I had a bag of it that filled the 5 gal wanted to get it out of the way. This will be the final add to my grow till every thing has been completed. Then I will try and use promix.

Back