Photoperiod The landrace talk

Has really a lot of side branhcing for that type of weed, the one i am about to give a run is more about a SOG plant without much sidebranching, looking really like what i saw on moroccon fields!( not that i've been there..)

I'm interested mostly in Indica landrace strains. I'd like to get some real, Russian Ruderalis also, I'm curious what breeding Ruderalis selectively could produce. I find it hard to belive its a "trash" plant when its been used medicinally in norther Europe and Asia for centuries.

And my favorite Sativa, if I can ever prove it to be a landrace, is Ducksfoot.

I got some birdfood hemp seeds to bake bread and popped some seeds- looked really like that original ruderalis thing. I pollinated and have to check it out! Just to give you an idea where you might end up with some test seeds for the lo-lo!

Has really a lot of side branhcing for that type of weed, the one i am about to give a run is more about a SOG plant without much sidebranching, looking really like what i saw on moroccon fields!( not that i've been there..)

I got some birdfood hemp seeds to bake bread and popped some seeds- looked really like that original ruderalis thing. I pollinated and have to check it out! Just to give you an idea where you might end up with some test seeds for the lo-lo!

Hi bro
This could be a effect oft he indoor environment. A landrace need several generations to acclimate. I grow them the first time and this is just a small test with one plant. The other were males and i killed them because this is a grow for med.
My next grow would be a preservation run to keep the landrace alive.
cu tobe

Been growing afghanica landrace crosses for quite a while and commonly see the crinkle leaf phenomenon on many afghan and kush landraces and have even seen many of the ogs I have grown to come to the conclusion there's a lot of landrace hash plant there ,but the real interesting factor is the 89super skelly will show this trait along with the puck .i get other un common leaf traits from Hindu kush and afghani and my purple kush autos which carry a lot of landrace genetics as well .

Hi @pop22
great you found this thread. I like the definition of classic landrace and current landrace.
A good database only for landrace would be great with the classify of the different strains.
It would be great to have a subforum @AFN because there is so much interest.
cu tobe
Yes, and it would be good to have separate sections with in the sub-forum for WLD (Wide Leaf Dominate land races) and NLD (Narrow Leaf Dominate land races). Also IBLs would be nice.

Peace

Yes, and it would be good to have separate sections with in the sub-forum for WLD (Wide Leaf Dominate land races) and NLD (Narrow Leaf Dominate land races). Also IBLs would be nice.

Peace
That would be great. I can help to care about this section if you want, but it would be great to have a second person with me.
cu tobe

Hi bro
This could be a effect oft he indoor environment. A landrace need several generations to acclimate. I grow them the first time and this is just a small test with one plant. The other were males and i killed them because this is a grow for med.
My next grow would be a preservation run to keep the landrace alive.
cu tobe

When i popped 3 beans of my Lemon Diesel(Emerald Triangle)XPassion#1 , Frisian Dew, Pamir Gold (Dutch Passion) -dont know whos was the father- in the last indoor grow they turned male all three. Maybe that was a similar effect.

That would be great. I can help to care about this section if you want, but it would be great to have a second person with me.
cu tobe

I would benefit some time and effort to that cause.

• Hey thanks for starting this thread. I don't do any breeding but I would like to get my hands on some landrace seeds. . Just for the fun of getting high on the same weed our early ancestors used in whatever rituals they performed.
  • My thoughts on landrace strains are that they may be pure but the flowers may be small and not very potentan as we humans try to improve on what nature provides us.
  • We would have a hard time finding a true landrace strain. It would be a great adventure to say the least. Maybe some amazon tribes have some hiddens jungle weed. Or some remote Nepali valley

Last edited:
  • Hey thanks for starting this thread. I don't do any breeding but I would like to get my hands on some landrace seeds. . Just for the fun of getting high on the same weed our early ancestors used in whatever rituals they performed.
  • My thoughts on landrace strains are that they may be pure but the flowers may be small and not very potentan as we humans try to improve on what nature provides us.
  • We would have a hard time finding a true landrace strain. It would be a great adventure to say the least. Maybe some amazon tribes have some hiddens jungle weed. Or some remote Nepali valley
Hi jambon
Welcome to the landrace thread. In a early post Micron Creek post some seed company where you can get different landrace.
cu tobe

Back