Photoperiod The landrace talk

So what is available? There are always companies offering new landraces. This is just a small list of Regular landraces I have seen offered commercially. Some companies offer additional landraces, but femenised versions only.
The first two companies would be Ace seeds and Cannabiogen. When comparing their selections it is plain to see that Ace gets their stock from Cannabiogen. They do have some varieties that are unique, but there is a business partnership somewhere there. Just for consideration. Company, Country, Strain, Subspecies
Ace Seeds - Guatemala- "Guatemala," a 100% Guatemalan Sativa.
Laos-Luang Prabang, Sativa.
Africa(?country unclear)- Malawi x Central African, Sativa.
Cannabiogen- Columbia-Mangobiche a.k.a. Limon Verde, Sativa
Nepal-Nepal Highland, Sativa
Uzbekistan-Taskenti, Indica
Bangi Haze, Sativa
Delta 9 Labs-Afghanistan-Mazar-I-Sharif, Indica
DNA Genetics-Afghanistan-Pure Afghan, Indica
Gage Green Group- Columbia-Columbian Gold, Columbian Black, Sativa
Homegrown Fantaseed- Afghanistan-"Northern Light", Indica
Medicann - Afghanistan- Afghani, Indica
Seeds of Africa- This company offers very long flowering sativas. They also use their own names for varieties to mask origin, however they are probably still worth a look. Just names for these.
Coffee Gold
Durban Magic
Malawi Gold
Mozambica
Pondo Mystic
Swazi Gold
Transkei
Zimbabwe
Seedsman Seeds-
Malawi-African Buzz(Malawi Gold), Sativa
Ata Tundra-Alaskan Tundra x Kazakhstan, 100% Indica
Thailand-Mama Thai, Sativa
India-Narkush(Hindu Kush), Indica
Afghanistan-Afghani, Indica
Sensi Seeds
Afghanistan-Afghani 1, Indica
South Africa-Durban, Sativa
India-Hindu Kush, Indica
Afghanistan(Likely)-Maple Leaf Indica, Indica
World of Seeds-This company also uses their own names. As well some strains do not make sense given the climate. The most puzzling of which is Brazil Amazonia, a 100% Indica. How is that possible?.... This would bring into question other origins. Varieties definitely are resinous no doubt, but questionable. WOS offer the Afghan Kush Ryder, so credit where due.
Afghanistan- Afghan Kush,Indica
Columbia-Columbian Gold, Sativa
Morocco- Ketama, Indica
Kenya-Kilimanjaro, Sativa
Afghanistan/Pakistan-Pakistan Valley, Indica
South Africa-Kwazulu, Sativa
Isle of Kochang, Thailand- Wild Thailand,Sativa
The varieties Real Seed Company offers change in availability so currently not sure about which strains are in stock. They carry many strains from India that are from different villages.

Most companies offer their own variety of Afghani Indica as it is the progenitor of so much on the market today. Various Cuts and Afghani Genetics made it to most countries. Maple Leaf Indica, and Northern Light both different versions of Afghani each with their own story. Each variety offered by each company may hold something different for the end user. Whose is better? Only testing each variety can tell. Many times people have already found the best they could years ago and interbred it into gems like DNA Genetics L.A. Affie. Please feel free to add to the list.

Last edited:
First time I have heard anyone else mention Sinai, was a time where I craved it, and its still in my mind. How did yours turn out?

All those above mentioned seeds are still un-used by myself. Its just a stash list (i own them but did not have grown yet). So sorry i canr say anything bout it by now. But its gonna be FUN!

Many island nations may claim varieties, but there aren't any indigenous varieties in Hawaii or Jamaica. Doesn't mean what they produce isn't high grade flower. There were many sources that could have contributed to the varieties of Cannabis found there. If it is not in the historical record and archaeological record for a region, then it is difficult to determine exactly how it arrived there. That's the key, as humans traveled they took with them the seeds of the future. Whether willingly or not populations carried their indigenous varieties to new places. Hemp has been known of since at least the pleistocene and most likely before it. The Yang Shao culture of China shows this. If humans used it before the common era, how far back do the origins of strains we know go? Over 50 million years. Cannabis has been with humans as long as we as a species have existed. In that time, millions of people lived, loved, and ingested Canna. They spread to all corners. If we are to truly know the origins of Cannabis and landraces, it must be done through genetic research. The people of earth can not be freed until we are allowed to study the past. There are those who seek to keep earth enslaved, corporations and industries who fear competition and progress. We must overcome downpression to have our medicine and the truth of its origin.

Real talk. :slap:

Last edited:
Hey friends
My friend from Morocco
told me the farmers got their seeds from wild part of the mountain. They go there from time to time to fresh up there own seed stock and to keep them as a original landrace. He says some farmers from other regions didn't do that and the hash they produce isn't so good.
Till i visit him he says he show me the wild canna to select more seeds for my preservation project or he send me some.
cu tobe

Hey friends
My friend from Morocco
told me the farmers got their seeds from wild part of the mountain. They go there from time to time to fresh up there own seed stock and to keep them as a original landrace. He says some farmers from other regions didn't do that and the hash they produce isn't so good.
Till i visit him he says he show me the wild canna to select more seeds for my preservation project or he send me some.
cu tobe
Ohh dear, dont know about you guys (sure i do :crying:) but this sounds teasing to me!

Hey friends
My friend from Morocco
cu tobe
Now that's a vacation!:headbang:

Morocco rif mountain in flower.

uploadfromtaptalk1495112458994.jpeg

uploadfromtaptalk1495112496362.jpeg

"Landrace" I feel needs to be be better defined. Take your mention of Hawaiian strains. None native but then, what is the true home of Cannabis? Most strains arrived where they are from somewhere else, by whatever mechanism. So, how long till it is considered a landrace? Obviously, Cannabis adapts rapidly to new environments. And the question also begs, cultivated or gone wild? I'd say any anything thats been wild/cultivated in the same area for more than 50 years without cross pollinating with other strains, could be a landrace. Any strain grown continuosly for 50 years in the same area is going to have changed/adapted to the environment and the gene pool will become uniform and stable. So maybe we need to further classify them. Current Landrace and Classic Landrace maybe?

So what is available? There are always companies offering new landraces. This is just a small list of Regular landraces I have seen offered commercially. Some companies offer additional landraces, but femenised versions only.
The first two companies would be Ace seeds and Cannabiogen. When comparing their selections it is plain to see that Ace gets their stock from Cannabiogen. They do have some varieties that are unique, but there is a business partnership somewhere there. Just for consideration. Company, Country, Strain, Subspecies
Ace Seeds - Guatemala- "Guatemala," a 100% Guatemalan Sativa.
Laos-Luang Prabang, Sativa.
Africa(?country unclear)- Malawi x Central African, Sativa.
Cannabiogen- Columbia-Mangobiche a.k.a. Limon Verde, Sativa
Nepal-Nepal Highland, Sativa
Uzbekistan-Taskenti, Indica
Bangi Haze, Sativa
Delta 9 Labs-Afghanistan-Mazar-I-Sharif, Indica
DNA Genetics-Afghanistan-Pure Afghan, Indica
Gage Green Group- Columbia-Columbian Gold, Columbian Black, Sativa
Homegrown Fantaseed- Afghanistan-"Northern Light", Indica
Medicann - Afghanistan- Afghani, Indica
Seeds of Africa- This company offers very long flowering sativas. They also use their own names for varieties to mask origin, however they are probably still worth a look. Just names for these.
Coffee Gold
Durban Magic
Malawi Gold
Mozambica
Pondo Mystic
Swazi Gold
Transkei
Zimbabwe
Seedsman Seeds-
Malawi-African Buzz(Malawi Gold), Sativa
Ata Tundra-Alaskan Tundra x Kazakhstan, 100% Indica
Thailand-Mama Thai, Sativa
India-Narkush(Hindu Kush), Indica
Afghanistan-Afghani, Indica
Sensi Seeds
Afghanistan-Afghani 1, Indica
South Africa-Durban, Sativa
India-Hindu Kush, Indica
Afghanistan(Likely)-Maple Leaf Indica, Indica
World of Seeds-This company also uses their own names. As well some strains do not make sense given the climate. The most puzzling of which is Brazil Amazonia, a 100% Indica. How is that possible?.... This would bring into question other origins. Varieties definitely are resinous no doubt, but questionable. WOS offer the Afghan Kush Ryder, so credit where due.
Afghanistan- Afghan Kush,Indica
Columbia-Columbian Gold, Sativa
Morocco- Ketama, Indica
Kenya-Kilimanjaro, Sativa
Afghanistan/Pakistan-Pakistan Valley, Indica
South Africa-Kwazulu, Sativa
Isle of Kochang, Thailand- Wild Thailand,Sativa
The varieties Real Seed Company offers change in availability so currently not sure about which strains are in stock. They carry many strains from India that are from different villages.

Most companies offer their own variety of Afghani Indica as it is the progenitor of so much on the market today. Various Cuts and Afghani Genetics made it to most countries. Maple Leaf Indica, and Northern Light both different versions of Afghani each with their own story. Each variety offered by each company may hold something different for the end user. Whose is better? Only testing each variety can tell. Many times people have already found the best they could years ago and interbred it into gems like DNA Genetics L.A. Affie. Please feel free to add to the list.

I'm interested mostly in Indica landrace strains. I'd like to get some real, Russian Ruderalis also, I'm curious what breeding Ruderalis selectively could produce. I find it hard to belive its a "trash" plant when its been used medicinally in norther Europe and Asia for centuries.

And my favorite Sativa, if I can ever prove it to be a landrace, is Ducksfoot.

Hi @pop22
great you found this thread. I like the definition of classic landrace and current landrace.
A good database only for landrace would be great with the classify of the different strains.
It would be great to have a subforum @AFN because there is so much interest.
cu tobe

Back