Lighting The Chandelier DIY citizen clu048 test grow!

Jupiter

Passion takes you where hard work can't.
Reaction score
The whole purpose of this thread is to document how mine or anyone's DIY light fixture will perform and to actually have data for future reference. I felt as if creating a regular thread wouldn't really bring the emphasis to the most important aspect of the grow ... the DIY fixture.

Fixtures: 4 citizen clu048 /1818 / 90cri running at 1050ma with a Mean Well HLG-240H-C1050A. Roughly 220watts at the wall.The light is bilt out of copper tubing and is liquid cooled with a pump dumping into a bin of water(don't laugh it works pretty dam good lol).Everything is handmade and although it may look like Frankenstein it works like a Tesla.
Second light: Vipar Spectra DIY: 2 citizen clu058/1825/90cri running at 2.0amps each and is run with a Mean Well HLG-185H-48A. Has and adjustable voltage and amperage. Roughly 208 watts at the wall.
Genetics: @mephisto 4-grape crinkle
Soil: one is in a super soil mix. The other three are in coco.
Nutrients: Advanced nutrients, Mammoth P, House and gardens root Excelerator, and some TLC!

OBJECTIVE: to hopefully show the power and efficiency of the cobs and start gathering data for future reference.

IMG_0938.JPG
IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_0941.JPG
IMG_0940.JPG
IMG_0944.JPG
IMG_0945.JPG

IMG_0942.JPG

IMG_0946.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 200
This is exactly what we need. Nice job bro!!!

Cobs are not only about numbers and efficiency that so many get worked up over. It's about the final product and no one better to showcase this than you. Well maybe me but we won't get into it. :crying:

I have a feeling that 2017 will have a lot of changes coming and cobs and the cob section will be getting some major advancements and credit it deserves.

Jupiter this may sound messed up to most but I know you will understand it. Have you ever seen a messed up shower valve back flow or whatever you call the hot water through the cold water side? It makes for a steamy toilet lol. Why not just run the water into the toilet bowl and have it warm the throne. If temps get to warm you could just flush right?

The whole purpose of this thread is to document how mine or anyone's DIY light fixture will perform and to actually have data for future reference. I felt as if creating a regular thread wouldn't really bring the emphasis to the most important aspect of the grow ... the DIY fixture.

Fixtures: 4 citizen clu048 /1818 / 90cri running at 1050ma with a Mean Well HLG-240H-C1050A. Roughly 220watts at the wall.The light is bilt out of copper tubing and is liquid cooled with a pump dumping into a bin of water(don't laugh it works pretty dam good lol).Everything is handmade and although it may look like Frankenstein it works like a Tesla.
Second light: Vipar Spectra DIY: 2 citizen clu058/1825/90cri running at 2.0amps each and is run with a Mean Well HLG-185H-48A. Has and adjustable voltage and amperage. Roughly 208 watts at the wall.
Genetics: @mephisto 4-grape crinkle
Soil: one is in a super soil mix. The other three are in coco.
Nutrients: Advanced nutrients, Mammoth P, House and gardens root Excelerator, and some TLC!

OBJECTIVE: to hopefully show the power and efficiency of the cobs and start gathering data for future reference.

View attachment 676965 View attachment 676966 View attachment 676968 View attachment 676967View attachment 676970 View attachment 676971
View attachment 676969
View attachment 676976
Really cool Jupiter! I hope it works out well and you get the best data possible! I'm subbed up! Hopefully I'll be able to jump on the cob-wagon soon!!!

Jupiter this may sound messed up to most but I know you will understand it. Have you ever seen a messed up shower valve back flow or whatever you call the hot water through the cold water side? It makes for a steamy toilet lol. Why not just run the water into the toilet bowl and have it warm the throne. If temps get to warm you could just flush right?
ToTo has a toilet that is heated the only problem is it's like a petri dish for bacteria. And the warm water is like a catalyst. I do like where you're going with it though. Try anyway you can to recuperate the energy.

@BigSm0 i'm gonna make a giant chandelier out of 2" copper. It's going to be about 3 feet long and hopefully have maybe a dozen Cobs. Water cooled and I am going to hook a piece of baseboard in line to heat up my space. In the summer I can put that baseboard in water to dissipate the heat. Same exact concept as a heat exchanger that we use in modern hydronic systems. The biggest question is what to do with that extra heat in the winter and summer. You know what I'm saying, like what's the most effective way to utilize it? Come up with something already would you.

You have a lot of tinkering to do. I think definitely a precharge setup for your hot water. That would be some sort of reservoir. You could also have a second circulator on that that's temp controlled to dump excess into a radiator. Just drill 2 holes above and do your first floor.

You have a lot of tinkering to do. I think definitely a precharge setup for your hot water. That would be some sort of reservoir. You could also have a second circulator on that that's temp controlled to dump excess into a radiator. Just drill 2 holes above and do your first floor.
Yeah i do. I remember one time I was at my brothers house and he was opening up his pool so the water was freezing. I had him throw an old steam radiator in his fire pit. Then i hooked up some copper tubing to it so the fire wouldn't melt anything. Next i put some adapters on it to transition over to the hose connections and essentially put the inlet and outlet hoses into his pool. Hooked up a transfer pump And got the fire pit cranking. Turned the pump on and we had nice warm water coming out the other end of the hose. Wicked redneck LOL but it worked pretty good. Just not nearly enough to heat the pool up in a reasonable amount of time. Definitely have some ideas...;)

Back