Dutch Passion The CannaDrama Tabernacle: Take 2 with 7 x AU

Have you noticed a difference in recovery time after Supercropping? Mine seemed to take longer to recover AFTER flowering.

You are now the resident expert on multiple supercrops.

That is a very good question, and to be honest, I dunno.......I haven't really paid any attention to speed of recovery at the various stages of growth. I just supercrop away, any branch that's within reach.....it is the only way to keep the height under control, barely......short of topping of course, but it's too late for that.

I just had a look, all the plants are now in full flower, and what I supercropped yesterday looks pretty much the same recovery-wise as what was supercropped previously during the veg phase. But I'll pay attention now that you raised a point I hadn't really thought about.....not that it makes any difference here and now, I don't have a choice.........

Big Bertha has been supercropped so much that I would have thought it would have stunted her.....there is not a single branch that hasn't had the "procedure" at least twice..........but no Sir.....she is still Big Bertha and motoring on as if that was what she expected as a matter of course.........those Ultimates are truly something else!

Day 64 update

The plant that came up with 3 cotyledons and has been struggling ever since and growing very slow and poorly, was judged a goner, she just didn't make it and couldn't compete for light, so today she was gone. So now it's down to 6 AU's

They are still growing like crazy, and pumping out them there white thingies......
CameraZOOM-20150914114025275.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150914114101897.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150914114124680.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150914114212993.jpg

Here's a few pics of the airpot AU
CameraZOOM-20150914115243841.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150914115624577.jpg
CameraZOOM-20150914115146421.jpg

They're growing stupendously well Corgy. You're definitely doing something right :D

Would you say that the autopots are a big contributing factor?

They're growing stupendously well Corgy. You're definitely doing something right :D

Would you say that the autopots are a big contributing factor?

I think so, I've heard nothing but good things about the Autopot's and from what is going on......it could certainly have been worse.
It's of course just a gut feeling, but I've never subscribed to the philosophy that it is beneficial to let the grow medium dry out a bit before the next watering, witness the power of DWC and other hydro ways(this might be strain dependent, dunno, don't have any experience yet to say anything with a bit of weight behind it, still walking my baby shoes into a comfortable fit!).

But I also think that the amount of light(in Watts) plays a big role.......in this grow the southside girls who have been basking in 1300 nominal Watts has done better, and I'm not being flippant, than the Northside moms who has made do with 2 x HS1.1 aka 150 actual watts with the 90x60 diffuser which clearly is not enough to cover 3 plants, even with some spill over from the generic Marshydro style lights on the Southside.

Then there is the Airdomes, how much they contribute.........only a grow with some plants without it will give an indication, but I'm trying to establish some baseline references for the first 4-5 grows.

The beauty of Autopots for me is that it's set it and forget it for 3-7 seven days depending on the size of the reservoir, and the plants ALWAYS has access to water and food, and in case I should get in a funky mood with additives, they can be watered topside too without affecting what is in the reservoir. I haven't even bothered to measure EC/ppm, because unlike DWC it will stay the same since the plants is not eating/drinking from the reservoir, and I let the plants tell me if the content of the reservoir is not to their liking.

I do keep an eye on pH and set it at 6,3 - 6,5(so my pH meter tells me, but I have yet to meet a pH meter that I would trust with feeding my cat and fish tanks for a week......)

Yeah, I think Autopots rock and they have so far been a blessing with the still unbelievable growth on both the first grow(in smartpots) and this grow, if nothing else for making it possible to skip the Advanced Operator License to a 10 L watering can.

its wall-to-wall lumens in there, very little space for a branch to hide in the shade ! it should be quite epic if you can keep the girls under control.

Back