Live Stoners The Cabin...

K u guys when I suggest napalm as a insecticide I am joking...
Cripes root an eek....I really am glad u made it though an have the right "tude" to keep going.
Sending karma an strength to u all..and now I go check out yer new home.

Last edited:
Finally getting temporary housing in the area.
http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_5a765632-6e1a-11e5-bbd6-ff23c9967b5f.html
Temporary housing for Butte Fire victims staged in Sacramento
  • Updated Oct 12, 2015
FEMA spokesman Victor Inge, left, and FEMA photographer Adam DuBrowa are among the personnel assigned to California in the wake of recent wildfires. Some of the mobile homes behind them may be distributed to Butte Fire victims.

Deadline to register for assistance is Nov. 23
The Federal Emergency Management Agency now has dozens of mobile homes ready for distribution to those whose homes have been destroyed by wildfires across California, including victims of the Butte Fire.

On Wednesday, there were 39 mobile housing units staged at McClellan Airfield outside Sacramento, with 21 more about to be delivered.

Victor Inge, a spokesman for FEMA, said that the units will be distributed to qualifying wildfire victims who have registered with FEMA. Eligibility for the units will be determined on a case-by-case basis.

“The first priority is to find suitable living arraignments somewhere that is within a reasonable commuting distance,” Inge said.

Inge said the mobile housing units are intended to be used as a last resort. FEMA representatives assisting a particular family will first explore other avenues such as finding a temporary apartment rental or alternate housing such as a recreational vehicle. He said the housing solutions will depend on the needs of the particular individuals.

The deadline to register with FEMA is Nov. 23, but Inge said it is essential that wildfire victims apply for assistance sooner rather than later.

“The sooner they register, the sooner we can get them going,” Inge said.

Inge said that once an individual or family is deemed eligible for a mobile housing unit, a FEMA inspector must evaluate the condition of their property, including how much of the home was damaged.

Then the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery must clear the ash, toxic waste, debris and other hazardous material from the area.

After that, units are deployed to the property and will be set up by FEMA-licensed contractors to outfit them with plumbing, electricity and gas, a process which Inge said could take between two to four weeks.

There are 25 different types of mobile housing units, but a typical unit might include amenities such as a kitchen, a bathroom and a bedroom, along with internal and external power outlets.

Inge also said that this temporary housing is just that, temporary. Those who are given mobile housing units will have their cases reviewed every 60 days by their designated FEMA case worker.

On Wednesday there were 832 Calaveras County residents registered with FEMA for the Butte Fire disaster. There are currently more than 2,800 registrations for federal disaster assistance statewide.

Back