Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad went to the big TT races on the Isle of Mann years ago, he used to race on the local circuit and it was one of those "must go in a lifetime" trips. Anyway, he had a blast but the most hilarious story and photos he returned with were a couple of chaps nekkid as the day they were born, other than helmets and boots, getting into a hotel lobby and stunting about. As far as I remember, since they were wearing helmets, the local police just had them go put a little more clothing on and stop the shenanigans.

I wonder if someone has brought back a similar experience of @archie gemmill :crying:
TT week is a blast.
I used to go to Road Races in N Ireland every few weeks over the season when I was a kid.
Lying in the ditch by the side of the road (that could only barely fit 2 cars) with the racing line about 1 metre from my head. Fun times.

@archie gemmill
@TheMongol General Battle Week 3 update, Day 14 for the girls. Had some difficulties this week with light stress, I really underestimated the power of these led's. Turned light down from 270 watts to 180 and seen an immediate improvement. The Compassion Lime has really punished me which is a shame because I enjoy the CBD strains the most. The RQS Bubble Kush is in the lead and will most likely be my battle plant. It is growing strong and takes the punishment, this is my second grow with this strain and the first time was equally as impressive. So the Bubble Kush got fimmed today and the others are being left alone for now. When I water them they are getting 2ml/l GO Cal-Mag, not checking PH this grow to see if GO's claim that you don't need to PH their nutrients is true. The Critical Jack Herer may get fimmed later this week if it continues to improve. The Amnesia and Compassion are just going to be left to grow with at most some leaf tucking.
View attachment 1061127 View attachment 1061128
View attachment 1061129 View attachment 1061130

Dinafem and General Battle Update Week 3 @TheMongol

Day 30

Dinafem Ocean Grown Cookie —
Nice structure to her. A pleasure to grow:
View attachment 1061447

Dinafem Blueberry Cookie —
Slow going for her, she had a delay putting roots in the water, seems to be coming along otherwise though. She is my favorite:
View attachment 1061446

HSO Chocolate Mint OG —
My little calmagaholic. I love her.
View attachment 1061445

I love an underdog story, looking forward to seeing how that Blueberry Cookie turns out for you.

Had some difficulties this week with light stress, I really underestimated the power of these led's. Turned light down from 270 watts to 180 and seen an immediate improvement.

I've been. trying some experiments along these lines. Here's a replacement seedling that has been sitting not very far away from nearly 300 true watts of lighting, while sitting in 650ppm nutrient. IMG_4791.jpg IMG_4787.JPG It's been four days like this and she is not showing any signs of trouble. As you see probably the white light is more than enough. I'm less worried about losing plants these day and more concerned with working out what is really going on. I would not recommend this, but it's interesting. In an earlier grow that was growing well, there was some very light tip burn, I 'upped' the nutrient a couple of hundred ppm, and it improved slightly, which was a test by me to see if my suspicions that the tip burn was not a nut problem in my case, (although it can be of course and usually is).

*Not update*

Girls growing well with a plant or two giving me slight worries.
I should be getting Bomb Seeds (finally) but probably not till month end the earliest. My final plant will be 8 weeks old if Im lucky lol

So lookout for another 1-2 plants. Space won't be a problem cos they'll be 5-6 weeks apart from current girls.

The only problem is I'll be away for 4 days come end of August. I may decide to harvest them before or after I leave/ return. Regardless, they should be close by then and won't drink much. I was kinda pissed about this cos I expected to be totally done with the grow before I leave. But i can at least leave them undisturbed for a change before harvest.
174a319c1c90301c33169f8123b5679a.jpg

I suspect my recycled soil to be a little hot. Don't really know what to do. I made tea before and plants love it so thats what I did. I've only fed two times with 0.5g/l Megacrop and some sweet candy.

Molasses, worm poop, some bokashi compost. Using 2 pumps for more aeration. After done, will add 20ml of EM1 before feeding and some Fish/ Seaweed extract.
3e60481ecc4288e8ac60d69c427df484.jpg

Update week 4

@Rivitgrrl @archiegemmill

Weather sucks

10% growth over the last week[emoji27]

9fa588714fb230ebb8cdc5754cd76b6b.jpg
72c229d8fe5d15e9b034b6d95c4f72ca.jpg
e55444d5a9db5394826ef8ff9f2f927d.jpg
7b5fa1af84f46ffa3c3827f4d5175945.jpg

I saw in your previous pics that you have lights. Why not turn them on? I pretty much grow like your setup. Difference is, i gotta move them out for sunlight as I got a roof. 90%++ of the time, they are on lights. Just 1-2 hours morning sun each day.

I saw in your previous pics that you have lights. Why not turn them on? I pretty much grow like your setup. Difference is, i gotta move them out for sunlight as I got a roof. 90%++ of the time, they are on lights. Just 1-2 hours morning sun each day.
The lights are still out there and they come on 2 hours in the morning 3 hours in the evening.

It doesn't do much good though when the temperatures are so cold and it's so wet. It's just ridiculous weather right now for my region.[emoji35] we're 10 to 15 degrees below our average temperature for this time of year [emoji35]we've had little to no sun in the last 4 weeks... about 4 days worth of total Sun.

I run the lights as much as I can. But at 416 watts each it isn't going to pay me to run them all the time. They are at best a pacifier for the loss of light in a day. I would need many more light's out there to do the job.
It's the Wrong business concept for me.

I still got time plenty of time it's only May.
I don't expect to finish these plants out in the time for the grow off's end date. It's not possible.
One of the competition plants will finished with the first group of light depth plant's. But the other one won't.
The other one won't finish until mid September with the second group of light depth plants.

I'm not going to waste my money and efforts just for the contest. The outcome must be better or it's not worth it to me to even be in these contests.

For an outside grower the dates were all wrong from the get-go for my region. I really knew this.
It is what it is. I'm trying to grow different strains and I'm seeded.

But on the other hand if the weather would have been better.
I might have been able to finish one of these plants with the first group that mite have been able to have finished by the end of July.

But Mother Nature has played her hand. And I am a loser on that one.

It's all about quality and yield. If the yields are small and the costs are high. It is not worth it to me.

Possibly next year the planners will come up with a better idea of how to coordinate the competitions so that it will accommodates more diverse growing styles.

For those of us who grow outside 3 months is not long enough grow for a photo plant.

The contest should have started May 1st and lasted till October 30th end date.
This would have been more consistent with photo plants and outside growing. A lengthy contest but it is what it is for photo plants.[emoji482]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back