The AutoDuck Project!

Hey South Sider, I would drop a few and check germ rates before you send em out if you can. Need to know if the germ rates are good, so you know what you have. Just my :2cents:

Well Southside I both understand the free luv primates concern ...but I commend u on yer vision. I am an experienced grower of the guerilla type and am starting breeding i will also be starting up my u tube channel again so a journal will be no problem. .. these little ducks will go in my garden an be bread for seeds.

Will this project be moving forward?
Or is it stallEd?
I always wanted to cross the duck with C99... As I heard Original Ducksfoot is harsh and generally rough.
Oh well, maybe one day a stable auto ducks-foot will be available.

Will this project be moving forward?
Or is it stallEd?
I always wanted to cross the duck with C99... As I heard Original Ducksfoot is harsh and generally rough.
Oh well, maybe one day a stable auto ducks-foot will be available.

Howdy there,

Yes, this project is moving forward, I believe, and with any luck, we should all be enjoying an autoduck sometime in the future.

Cheers.

Hey South Sider, I would drop a few and check germ rates before you send em out if you can. Need to know if the germ rates are good, so you know what you have. Just my :2cents:

Good idea briman. Will test some after I harden them in the fridge for five or so days...just, what do I do with the sprouts..? Maybe I'll put some out this year.

If you can grow em out, grow em out, but you need to know how the germ rates are, before you send them out to folks. Nothing more concerning, than sending out beans and folks having germ problems out of the gate. I would get 10-12 solo cups and cut the bottoms out of them, slide them into other solo cups, fill em full of dirt and drop beans in them to germinate. That way, you dont have a bunch of medium and nutes tied up with it. If they pop and grow well, you can make the decision the either toss them, or pull the bottom cup off and plant the top cup and all into a bigger pot with medium, so you dont stunt them. That way you know what you are sending out and have a great reference point to start from!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Very interesting to say the least. You might want to talk to a few breeders about sending them some, they might be interested. I'd personally be interested but would have to run them late in July so the non-autos didn't get massive, or become a hassle. How many seeds did you end up yielding from the cross? I'd consider taking some in May or June, maybe 25-30 to run in a small patch and then cull out the non-autos, and non-webbed if there are any.

I think he wants to wait until they are stable before sending to market. ..bless him...
I've already started prepping plot for them. Trained my cover plants, cloning blackberry bushes for more cover.. (kinda like guerilla barbed wire) and laid down some ammendment. Gigiddity.

I think he wants to wait until they are stable before sending to market. ..bless him...
I've already started prepping plot for them. Trained my cover plants, cloning blackberry bushes for more cover.. (kinda like guerilla barbed wire) and laid down some ammendment. Gigiddity.
Either way, I'd be willing to take one for the team and take a couple, ya know? XD Honestly before coming to AFN, I thought that there was no more ducks foot left, but to see people creating autos of it now, absolutely excites me.

Back