The AutoDuck Project!

70 Day Ducks!

Howdy,

These ducks are vigorous as f-ck in flower! Irony is the one I hit with all that reversal spray didn't bloody reverse but I've found bananas on the two deep in flower!!!! F-ck!!! Seems like a genetic tendency triggered by recent P deficiency. Gonna have to cull them and reveg them and try again! This time I'll cut the bullshit and just hit them with a dragon strain. Nobody said this bloody project was gonna be easy -- but this is a lot of stuffing around!!

Duck #1
5-8-15.JPG

70days.JPG

Duck #2
IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

Cheers.

70 Day Ducks!

Howdy,

These ducks are vigorous as f-ck in flower! Irony is the one I hit with all that reversal spray didn't bloody reverse but I've found bananas on the two deep in flower!!!! F-ck!!! Seems like a genetic tendency triggered by recent P deficiency. Gonna have to cull them and reveg them and try again! This time I'll cut the bullshit and just hit them with a dragon strain. Nobody said this bloody project was gonna be easy -- but this is a lot of stuffing around!!

Duck #1
View attachment 474356
View attachment 474357

Duck #2
View attachment 474358
View attachment 474360

Cheers.

I just found this thread. What a great project to work on. A buddy of mine told me once about an heirloom strain of canna that a friend had seeds of, had been passed down for more than a hundred years, perhaps double that. It had a unique bush appearance with non-traditional looking leaves. Unfortuantely, he did not carry on the seeds and the line is lost. Just mentioning that because there are some rare genetic expressions in plants like that and it's noble to preserve a line like Ducksfoot so that it can be further studied.

On a sidenote, a tip I came across for getting male expression from regular seeds was to germ them with a lite soak or medium containing Phosphorus nutes (lite of course). Their theory was that in a high nitrogen enviro, the conditions are ideal for early cannabis and will tend to express more females. In a low nitro-high phosphorus enviro, the germing plant would sense that conditions are not ideal and would tend to express male as a survival mechanism.

Not sure if this is a valid tactic, but I tried it once with a few seeds and the one seed I treated in this manner did express as male and the others were female. May have just been luck or coincidence.

If you are successful in reverting/mothering/cloning the ladies you've got -- which are total lookers by the way -- you might try something like I've described above to try and get a couple natural males with your remaining seeds. I'm sure I read about the germing environment thingy either here or on another main cannabis site.

Just passing that along in case it helps.

:slap: Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

I just found this thread. What a great project to work on. A buddy of mine told me once about an heirloom strain of canna that a friend had seeds of, had been passed down for more than a hundred years, perhaps double that. It had a unique bush appearance with non-traditional looking leaves. Unfortuantely, he did not carry on the seeds and the line is lost. Just mentioning that because there are some rare genetic expressions in plants like that and it's noble to preserve a line like Ducksfoot so that it can be further studied.

On a sidenote, a tip I came across for getting male expression from regular seeds was to germ them with a lite soak or medium containing Phosphorus nutes (lite of course). Their theory was that in a high nitrogen enviro, the conditions are ideal for early cannabis and will tend to express more females. In a low nitro-high phosphorus enviro, the germing plant would sense that conditions are not ideal and would tend to express male as a survival mechanism.

Not sure if this is a valid tactic, but I tried it once with a few seeds and the one seed I treated in this manner did express as male and the others were female. May have just been luck or coincidence.

If you are successful in reverting/mothering/cloning the ladies you've got -- which are total lookers by the way -- you might try something like I've described above to try and get a couple natural males with your remaining seeds. I'm sure I read about the germing environment thingy either here or on another main cannabis site.

Just passing that along in case it helps.

:slap: Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Hey MediScrogs,

Actually that sounds like interesting reasoning, might actually work. Thanks for the encouragement. Got two of these things throwing new shoots now so they were photos. Left one to keep going; what I though were bananas on it were it's odd leaf shoots, so one out of three to finish so far. I've arrested the P deficiency I think. Put up pics next time I get to the grow place.

Cheers.

87 Day Duck!

Howdy,

Been a convoluted grow so far but I got one Duck finishing...eventually. Not exactly fast but she's steadily filling out. To be fair, she looks to have weeks yet to go. Gonna reverse a Black Dragon and hit this thing on the next flowering run. Arrested the P def and she's a hardy thing, stable so far, but not much on frosting yet.

IMG_0831.JPG

87days.JPG
IMG_0830.JPG

22-8-15.JPG

Cheers.

Any smells coming off?

She looks like weed at this point. Would love to backcross to the duck and look for ducks.

I bet this is a unique tokeage.

I know, right? She does look like weed, real strange weed. Can't back-cross till I hit it with something; this is a sinsemilla run. At least I'll have a good idea how she'll smoke. Got a reversed Dragon in her future though.

This is a wild looking plant, man! Best of luck to you and a rep slap for the hard work of keeping a unique strain alive and auto!

She ain't auto yet man. Wild strain for sure; obviously she's weed, but some kinda funky paleo weed, y'know?

lol the duck looks like weed wow :joy: hahahah the transformation is amazing ,,looking good SS :thumbsup:

i just notice that the duck has some Sativa phenos but i couldn't tell b4 due to the duck leafs but now i see it.
i'm talking out loud ,its what it looks like to me, then a gain is a duck linage --- wow so interesting strain :growing:

Back