The AutoDuck Project!

Oro verde....... Them there heady rocks will yield eventually, just gotta keep crushing them and the right nuggets will emerge!

Salutations

This question goes out to those with ducksfoot growing experience. If South crosses his ducksfeet with a non ducksfoot male eg. Dragon variant, what are the odds of maintaining the duck foot leaf appearance? 50/50 or back to standard leaf. I have a theory that the male ducksfoot should be crossed with an auto girl and not the other way. Males tend to influence the effect and the girls influence the physical features.

Would that be right? Later this year I want to cross some stealth looking single leaf variants with my favourite auto girl.

Sorry to hijack this thread but it might be to South's advantage to know this in advance.

It depends on if the webbed leaf gene is dominant or recessive. IF it is recessive, none of the f1 hybrids will show it if paired with a plant that has regular leaves (dominant). If it is dominant, then all of the f1 offpsinrg will show it. It's in f2 that things get intereresting.

Even if it was recessive, and you crossed two non-webbed f1's, 1/4th of those offspring in f2 would be webbed. Then using only two of those, all of the offspring would be webbed.

It depends on if the webbed leaf gene is dominant or recessive. IF it is recessive, none of the f1 hybrids will show it if paired with a plant that has regular leaves (dominant). If it is dominant, then all of the f1 offpsinrg will show it. It's in f2 that things get intereresting.

Even if it was recessive, and you crossed two non-webbed f1's, 1/4th of those offspring in f2 would be webbed. Then using only two of those, all of the offspring would be webbed.

Great f-ckin' answer! Seems like not-much-is-hazy to you Mr. Hazy. :cheersmate:

Cheers.

Haha, Thanks man! I appreciate the rep. :cheersmate:

BTW, have you tried any Duckfoot bud? What's the effect/flavor profile like?

No man, sadly, never had ducksfoot bud -- even though I grew two girls previously: they were supposed to auto and didn't, like these two haven't, and I was so disgusted I just ripped 'em out and planted something else. Still looking forward to a first taste.

63 Day Ducks!

Howdy,

Ducksfoots are kicking along and I gotta say that I'm amazed: hit that bloody gal I once suspected as male with three bottles of Tiresias mist and I'm still waiting for definite signs of male preflowers. I said 'definite', because I see something approximating them (and just quietly, I'm confident they are), though I must remain cautious. One thing's for sure -- these bitches are the most hermie resistant things I've seen in, like, forever! Hoping for pollen in then next fortnight or so...

Duck #1
25-7-15.JPG

63days.JPG

Duck #2
IMG_0774.JPG
IMG_0775.JPG

Duck/Drake
IMG_0776.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

Okay, I'm rolling with the punches. Hoping for pollen and pure ducksfoot seedstock. If it don't work out I'll revegetate them and try again, but time will tell...

Cheers.

Hi SouthSyder
I hope everything goes well good luck. Iam also got interest in taste and effect.
Good luck bro
cu tobe

Hey man, you know what they say.....

Endurance is the crowning quality,
And patience all the passion of great hearts.

JAMES RUSSELL LOWELL, Columbus

The strongest of all warriors are these two -- Time and Patience.

LEO TOLSTOY, War and Peace

Cheers

Last edited:
Howdy,

So far I've established two things about this strain: 1) they are photos 2)they won't hermie! Seriously, I've dumped three bottles of Tiresias mist on this plant and light-stressed it and near frozen it and it won't gimme love. I've had my buddy crop it for reversal (can't consume any material sprayed with that stuff) and on the next round I'm gonna start hitting it very early on, as much as it takes.

I wanna hit one gal with the reversed pollen and the other with a male dragon's and just get on with the bloody job. Still, who would've figured the crazy thing is so strong? Dunno where Stitch got these things or whether he actually bred them but I've never encountered anything like it.

Having said that, the report is the two remaining gals are flowering like they're racing for it! Great structure and density and still webbed. I'll get some pics up soon as I can.

Howdy,

So far I've established two things about this strain: 1) they are photos 2)they won't hermie! Seriously, I've dumped three bottles of Tiresias mist on this plant and light-stressed it and near frozen it and it won't gimme love. I've had my buddy crop it for reversal (can't consume any material sprayed with that stuff) and on the next round I'm gonna start hitting it very early on, as much as it takes.

I wanna hit one gal with the reversed pollen and the other with a male dragon's and just get on with the bloody job. Still, who would've figured the crazy thing is so strong? Dunno where Stitch got these things or whether he actually bred them but I've never encountered anything like it.

Having said that, the report is the two remaining gals are flowering like they're racing for it! Great structure and density and still webbed. I'll get some pics up soon as I can.
If it's a photo, and you are having trouble reversing it, start spraying a week before you flip the lights to 12/12. That way you already have a high concentration of silver particles in the plant when it is time for the flowers to be made. I find that the longer you wait to start spraying, the longer it takes, and the more resistant the plant is. I think it has to do with how much ethylene starts being produced once flower fully sets in. You want to catch it before that.

Back