The AutoDuck Project!

Still at 100%!

Howdy,

Wanted 12/12 -- and in the end, I got it! I get the feeling I'ma need this sorta luck with such limited population samples.

Group shot, day 2.
3-9-16.JPG

Ya just never know what's in the mix, and I'm hoping for good stuff in this very good start.

Cheers.

F2s at 9 days!

Howdy,

These 12 F2s are cranking along and I can't wait till I can differentiate the characteristics on offer in this batch. Ppm at 600 and pH at 5.8 and all is well.
9days.JPG

Got an itch to get this grow over with ASAP! Gonna start pushing it in a week or so.

Cheers.

I Got Ducklings!

Howdy,

12 days and I got two F2s showing duck-webs! Mr. Monkey man was right; they show up slightly in these early gens and early in seedling stage, though mine are F2s and not the expected F3s yet to come. Maybe my F3s will have definite Ducksfoot traits enriched in the potential mix. This crop of sprouts shows many with distinct purpling and both Ducklings have very purple hearts. Lovely so far!

Okay, I've been away the weekend and forgot to flush the little buggers. Been pushing them so they're not happy with me for the next few days.

Group Shot
12days.JPG

Duckling [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
IMG_1076.JPG

13-9-16.JPG

Duckling [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], this one is seriously annoyed at me.
IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

Upon reflection, I hope one of these is a male (I'd pollinate every female whatever their pheno). Be perfect to get one of each. I sure need all the luck I can get but, technically, I'm now breeding Ducks!

Away we go--!

I Got Ducklings!

Howdy,

12 days and I got two F2s showing duck-webs! Mr. Monkey man was right; they show up slightly in these early gens and early in seedling stage, though mine are F2s and not the expected F3s yet to come. Maybe my F3s will have definite Ducksfoot traits enriched in the potential mix. This crop of sprouts shows many with distinct purpling and both Ducklings have very purple hearts. Lovely so far!

Okay, I've been away the weekend and forgot to flush the little buggers. Been pushing them so they're not happy with me for the next few days.

Group Shot
View attachment 630653

Duckling [HASHTAG]#1[/HASHTAG]
View attachment 630655

View attachment 630654

Duckling [HASHTAG]#2[/HASHTAG], this one is seriously annoyed at me.
View attachment 630659
View attachment 630660

Upon reflection, I hope one of these is a male (I'd pollinate every female whatever their pheno). Be perfect to get one of each. I sure need all the luck I can get but, technically, I'm now breeding Ducks!

Away we go--!
Congrats South,
now its time to breed them to a stabil strain.
cu tobe

So I got 'em all potted up!

Twelve in mini pots and I'ma wait till I see gender or more Duck characteristics before potting them on. I got some likely characters that could show Duck's traits yet, besides the two already showing. Here's hoping....

Pics soon.

Got More Ducks!

Howdy,

I got four so far that clearly show duck traits. I suspected I may get some action in this F2 batch simply because of the vigor and extreme webbing of the original duck mother; that and the fact I don't put much stock in Punnett squares as too many factors play into it for any true predictability. Nice purple hearts in these ducklings from the Dragon male and I hope the potency carries through. Been lucky so far, even though the seedlings hate my ass right now from the neglect they got last weekend. When they're looking up to it, I'll post some pics.

We're chugging along and it ain't been so hard yet -- a lot of work, but not hard. Looking for auto traits in a webbed pair, if my luck holds out.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi south
I hope you got a potent male and girl with webbed leafs who carried the auto gen. Good luck bro crossed my fingers again for you.
cu tobe

Monkey Man Said:

hi soursyder
in the f3 they will show up some the webbed leaves .
in the first few set of leaves will be some ducked leaves .
and the rest is normal again .
so you have to build up the ammount of webbed leaves factor

bonobo

Well I got 'em in F2! I think that's because of the Momma Duck's genotype, serious Ducksfoot!! Some real work had gone into that strain because I'm convinced they're all fems and maybe even some auto traits in there. Stitch said they were autos, though they weren't, but considering the mess his seed-makers had made of his strains (at least I think that was the excuse), maybe there actually was some real work in the Momma Duck.

Now, Monkey Man says after the first few sets of webbed leaves the rest tend to normal. I'm on edge, literally, to see if that is the case or if the original Momma Duck had more care in her breeding. I'll let you know if they stay webbed or go back to normal fingered fans. Pics soon as there's anything interesting.

Cheers.

Back