The AutoDuck Project!

46 Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

This bunch have been on 12/12 for near a week and the three females have begun budset. The males had to be decapitated to slow 'em down! I like my gold dust fresh so if I can stall them another ten days I should have adequate young buds to pollinate; like I said, I'm in a hurry to get to F2s.

Male auto #1
17-5-16.JPG

Male auto #2.
46days.JPG

Male auto #3.
IMG_1035.JPG

Male auto #4. This one's my favorite; early and well structured.
IMG_1036.JPG

Gal #1.
IMG_1037.JPG

Gal #2.
IMG_1038.JPG

Gal #3, the early gal.
IMG_1039.JPG

The gals have been transplanted into slightly larger pots for the finish. So they're all chugging along, just waiting it out...

Cheers.

Hey SouthSyder
They look healthy do you store the pollen from the males?

Hi tobe,

I have stored pollen, many times, but I'll take it fresh every time I can, and with these autos it's a tricky deal but I think I got it figured out; I just prune the shit outta the males and wait till the gals have adequate bud[set (and that don't have to be much). I can usually time it so I get an adequate seed yield. Really exceptional strains, like Think Different and Stone Dragon, will pack on extra buds on an early pollination and the end result is a great compromise between seed and bud yield. Anyhow, I'm still flying by the seat of my pants here...!

Cheers.

50 Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

Culled unnecessary males and selected the early and bushy and squat one.
50days.JPG

Of the girls only this one seemed to show signs of preflower under 20/4 photoperiod and is further in flower at ten days into 12/12 than her sisters.
Gal #1
21-5-16.JPG

The next two gals are tall and coming along well so I'ma hit 'em up with the fairy dust also and get some insurance on this caper.

Gal #2
IMG_1042.JPG

Gal #3
IMG_1043.JPG

The next two weeks will be interesting and I hope they pack on some size; the more pistils I can pollinate the more seed I can play with, kinda sick of only having just enough. Back soon for more.

Cheers.

67 Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

These F1s are pushing on well and I've three distinct pneos:

Gal #1 is the most indica dom and kinda showed signs of budset before the photoperiod change; she's certainly the furthest in flower and very well seeded with next gen F2s!
7-6-16.JPG

67days.JPG

Gal #2 is a nice blend of her sisters and falls somewhere between sati/indica and is also well along in flower and equally heavily seeded. Yummy!
IMG_1046.JPG

IMG_1047.JPG

Gal #3 is very sati dom and despite being well seeded is throwing new pistils and still pushing buds! Looks like it may go the longest, and well be worth it!
IMG_1048.JPG

IMG_1049.JPG

Yes, of course they're light on buds; I pollinated them soon as there was anything to pollinate! I'm impatient to get to F2 and not particularly interested in in yield. Another two to three weeks and they'll be ready for the knife and my tedious, but proven, seed conditioning process.

Cheers.

78 Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

My F2 Dragon Ducks are getting near the end. Typical of F1 hybrids I've certainly got a good spread in phenotypes and they're staying true to the end.

Gal #1. The most Dragon type of the three -- kushy smell and structure -- is well seeded and still put on some respectable bud-weght despite being seeded so early. Frosty as f-ck! Nice spicy stuff in its odor. It seemed to show early budset too, just before the photoperiod switch. This is the one whose beans I'ma grow out next as F2s.
18-6-16.JPG
78days.JPG
IMG_1052.JPG

Gal #2 is still perfectly between her sisters' morphology, and quite ordinary. Well seeded, soon to finish, ain't got me dancin' a jig or anything...
IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1054.JPG
IMG_1055.JPG

Gal #3 is definitely sati-dom and still pushing buds. I figure this one'll be happy to keep filling out for another six weeks or so -- but I sure ain't got that kinda time. She's a beauty but I dunno what I'ma do with her. Still, she looks to have a lot of sati goodness were she to actually finish right. As it stands I want more of an indica bias to this project, closer to the Dragon side, so I don't reckon I would use this gal's beans. They're for you sati nuts.
IMG_1056.JPG
IMG_1057.JPG
IMG_1058.JPG

Gal #1 is the one I'll concentrate on for the next gen as she has the most traits I'm looking for. I'll harvest beans off the other two just to have, but I'm looking for Dragon Ducks! -indica dom webbed heavy hitters and only gal #1 works for me. Back soon.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Howdy,

Girls #1&2 are on water and I'm pushing to finish. As for gal #3, I'ma feed her another few weeks yet, but she's got five weeks at least left in her. I ain't got that kinda time. Dunno what to do with her, but soon as I've harvested and conditioned these F2s I will PM formerly interested parties and handball the project for a while...this breeding business is a lotta work you guys!

Cheers.

78 Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

My F2 Dragon Ducks are getting near the end. Typical of F1 hybrids I've certainly got a good spread in phenotypes and they're staying true to the end.

Gal #1. The most Dragon type of the three -- kushy smell and structure -- is well seeded and still put on some respectable bud-weght despite being seeded so early. Frosty as f-ck! Nice spicy stuff in its odor. It seemed to show early budset too, just before the photoperiod switch. This is the one whose beans I'ma grow out next as F2s.
View attachment 586027 View attachment 586028 View attachment 586029

Gal #2 is still perfectly between her sisters' morphology, and quite ordinary. Well seeded, soon to finish, ain't got me dancin' a jig or anything...
View attachment 586030 View attachment 586031 View attachment 586032

Gal #3 is definitely sati-dom and still pushing buds. I figure this one'll be happy to keep filling out for another six weeks or so -- but I sure ain't got that kinda time. She's a beauty but I dunno what I'ma do with her. Still, she looks to have a lot of sati goodness were she to actually finish right. As it stands I want more of an indica bias to this project, closer to the Dragon side, so I don't reckon I would use this gal's beans. They're for you sati nuts.
View attachment 586033 View attachment 586034View attachment 586035

Gal #1 is the one I'll concentrate on for the next gen as she has the most traits I'm looking for. I'll harvest beans off the other two just to have, but I'm looking for Dragon Ducks! -indica dom webbed heavy hitters and only gal #1 works for me. Back soon.

Cheers.
Looking good bro.
happy breeding.
cu tobe

Back