The AutoDuck Project!

We Got 100%!!

Howdy,

Last two beans came up! We got 100% so strike rate is perfect and I feel good to let 'em loose to those of you eager to help. Here's the proof:
View attachment 548545
View attachment 548546
View attachment 548547

They're all soaking in nute solution of 450ppm and loving it, so we're off to the next phase of this project -- and speaking of the next phase:

Who Wants Some??!

I figured I could bring them this far and maybe prove the beans' viability. Check that as done! Fortunately turns out I can now grow some out, but this project will take more hands and little grow spots than I got to accomplish it.

Now, we all know why I started this caper, and the tightwad little randy monkey man that inspired it (though, curiously, he offered me some of his seeds -- but I would've spread 'em around so the right thing was to decline his offer). We don't want any of that tightwad behavior on this project!!

The Rules:

1) Ten seeds each to members that want to participate (and I figure I have enough for about five people).
2) Members must have at least two grow journals documented here at AFN.
3) Members must run a grow journal here on this thread so all the works are public and everyone responsible for bringing this project to a successful conclusion can receive due credit.
4) Members participating MUST share their breeding with the others already laboring on this project!

Now some of you have expressed interest back when I was conditioning the seeds. If you're still keen, and accept the above rules, PM me and I will try to be impartial in those I choose. As I said, participants will receive ten beans each and hopefully we can have some semblance of an autoflowering duck within a few generations...perhaps by F4 or F5...?

Cheers y'all,

And thanks in advance for help and support!
@tobe @bonobo

Man, am so hanging out to see if I got any webbed little Dragon Ducks in this batch! Another four to five days and I should know; put pics up then. They're chugging along nicely on about 650ppm general bioponic nutes and pH hovering at 6.0 in the perlite.

Cheers.

Man, am so hanging out to see if I got any webbed little Dragon Ducks in this batch! Another four to five days and I should know; put pics up then. They're chugging along nicely on about 650ppm general bioponic nutes and pH hovering at 6.0 in the perlite.

Cheers.
The webbed trait won't show up till f3 and it'll be only a 25% chance if I remember correctly

hello cider

count me in bro i like em your ducks .
you can ask my friend hmr to get some stable autoducks in .
he ll send you some .

keep up the good work bro
bonobo :vibe:

why are the leaves on the buds not webbed ?

the original has webbed leaves on the buds too .
autts 015.JPG

Last edited:
hello cider

Hello randy monkey,

count me in bro i like em your ducks .

I like your ducks too, though mine aren't ducks just yet...

you can ask my friend hmr to get some stable autoducks in .
he ll send you some .

Again, I thank you for the offer, but I would spread them around, and you definitely don't want that. If HMR is enjoying your work, and keeping them to himself, I commend him for his patience, but I'll have to decline that offer.

keep up the good work bro
bonobo :vibe:
Thanks a bunch, I aim to, with any luck.

why are the leaves on the buds not webbed ?

They were webbed, check the shitty little pics my buddy took. The mom was webbed like crazy, but just not happy to be reveged, still, she finished some good F1s.

the original has webbed leaves on the buds too .

Quit teasing me with those pics man! That's dirty pool, randy monkey man, LoL.

Cheers.

View attachment 550720

The webbed trait won't show up till f3 and it'll be only a 25% chance if I remember correctly

Yup, that's what a Punnett square would indicate, but ain't nothing written in stone when it comes to genetics, so I live in hope. Still, they're destined to get to F10 before anyone would consider them stable, so if I gotta wait, I'll wait.

Cheers.

7 day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

Little F1s are scooting along and at seven days look to have pretty good vigor. Gonna plant 'em in conservative pots (no choice in my shoebox) in the next few days.
9-4-16.JPG

7days.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

Cute little suckers, ain't they?

Cheers.

12-4=16.JPG

10 Day Dragon Ducks -- nice and happy!

Howdy,

These ten F1s are potted up, very small pots, of course (don't plan on letting them get too big anyhow), and so far they look happy enough. Looking for any that auto because none (sigh! fucking Punnett squares!) show webbing.
10days.JPG

Let's see what lady luck brings...

Cheers.

13 Day Dragon Ducks -- Putting Down Legs!

Howdy,

These things sure are vigorous, considering how conservative I'm being with nutes. Putting down legs, getting ready to show me some love, I'm hoping, and if I get a male and female that auto I'll be in pig=shit-heaven pardner!!

15-4-16.JPG

13days.JPG

Back in a few days. Hope things get interesting fast.

Cheers.

Back