The AutoDuck Project!

20- Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

These suckers are going for it, but no gender expression yet. Still hoping for a male and female auto, but who knows what luck'll bring...

Group shot.
22-4-16.JPG

Individual rows.
20days.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

Chugging along, still early stages.

Cheers.

28 Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

These suckers are hardy and vigorous and are just scooting along. No sex expression yet, and certainly no autos I can spot at this stage. Holding my breath, watching and waiting.

Group shot.
28days.JPG

Individual rows.
30-4-16.JPG

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

I know patience is a virtue, but I ain't mastered it yet -- the waiting is killing me here! LoL.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Howdy,

So far I can identify four males and two females and four still not sure. Get this -- I got a male and female showing preflower, I think, on 20/4 photoperiod. Soon as I'm sure I'll throw some pics up.

Cheers.

Okay,

I'm on pins and needles here: think I got three girls and a bunch of dudes, two of which are seriously auto-ing. Waiting for a girl to show definite signs of auto and I'll cull the rest to make room and stick the survivors in a bigger pot for the finish. Again, I'll get some pics up in a few days, when I know better what's going on.

Cheers.

40 Day Dragon Ducks!

Howdy,

Smoking Menthol Duck (Momma Duck) -- yup, real menthol taste man and a strong sati-dom high! Update time on the project and these F1 Dragon Ducks are a mixed bag: four males definitely auto-ing, three females kinda, I dunno, you know? Check the pics below. Oh, yeah, three just taking their time sexing and that's not a trait I wanna breed for so they're sleeping with the fishes!

The auto males:
11-5-16.JPG

40days.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

And the girls, and I can't tell if any are actually auto:
IMG_1030.JPG

IMG_1031.JPG

IMG_1032.JPG

I sure don't wanna drag this round out so I'm gonna switch to 12/12 and start collecting pollen. I think male 1 & 2 are the likeliest donors, whatcha reckon?

Cheers.

Howdy,

Interesting predicament: all four males are auto-ing their asses off, but not the gals. One gal seems to be showing some pre-flower but I can't be sure. They're all on 12/12 now and I'ma prune the males back and try to prolong viable staminate flowers till the girls show definite bud-set. I'd rather the fairy-dust was fresh, but if I gotta store it I can still prolong it at least a week or two. Kinda keen to get to the F2s to be honest, so the sooner I wrap this one up the better.

Cheers.

Back