Lighting Test grow with DIY light (4x Citizen CLU048 with 200w meanwell driver / DP AutoEuforia)

Lol. 1200. I think most on this forum have moved on from that or soon will do. And yes I'm sure dimming to 100w and raising it to 75cm will be enough. Happy days are made of these figures. :vibe:
1200w mars hydro is 510w minus fans and drivers drops the LED wattage to 485w at 20% efficiency that's 97 par watts. The above light drawing 190 minus the drivers power drops it down to 180w at 50% efficient there is 90 par watts.

Par is the useable light. I'm not referring to claimed wattage this is the real wattage and what you get from it.

Keep a close eye on the leaves. They aren't up and perky so I'd keep the light where it is for now. When they start aiming the tips up you can probably drop in slowely. @wayward1 this light is equal to a mars 1200 as far as light output goes. It maybe at the right height.

Thank you for your advice bro. Yeah 70cm just seemed right, I only can go by feel but it feels right. I think I keep the light at that height and let the plant grow closer and adjust to it a bit and see how it goes from there.

Btw, there are so many leaves for day 13. That's good growing. :slap:
Thanks buddy! Yeah I am happy how this one is growing so far, even though I've had better performing strains/phenos before. Low humidity is a bit of a consern right now as it is stays around 30's but I've started doing some loads of laundry and having them dry up in the same room to bring it up.

1200w mars hydro is 510w minus fans and drivers drops the LED wattage to 485w at 20% efficiency that's 97 par watts. The above light drawing 190 minus the drivers power drops it down to 180w at 50% efficient there is 90 par watts.

Par is the useable light. I'm not referring to claimed wattage this is the real wattage and what you get from it.

Yeah that is crazy amount of light that unit can put out and the heat is so minimal compared to other units I've had before. As I am running these babies with 100w power, I can place my hand on the coolers and feel they are barely over my own body temperature, meaning they feel just a bit warm if you really pay attention. That is amazing with that much light at the same time.

Exactly. And that's why most of us have moved on from burple lights or will do soon and hats off to you for encouraging people to. You got me to go with the 1212's and I've got no regrets there.

DAY 18

EC 0.98 (water and calmag 0.4 + 0.58 nutrients)
pH 6.2

It is one week after my last update on this grow. AutoEuforia is has made plenty of progress in vegetation and as she has been growing, I've only done some leaf tucking in order to give some light penetration to the lower nodes and to trigger them to develop better also. Minor pH fluctuations between days 15 and 17, as expected but nothing that would be "out of control".

Distance to the light is now 61cm / 24,5 inches and it is running at 100w still. Growth is good and leafs seem alright and happy. To remind you, the slight anomalies seen on the leafs are due to genetics. I think I will keep the light fixture on that level for another week and see if I crank the wattage to 150w or so when the generative period is about to start.

Pics
AE D18 top.JPG

AE D18 closeup.JPG

DAY 23

pH 6.3
EC 1.17

She has gotten a lot bigger this week. Bumbed up the feed and tilted the potentiometer to half way so the wattage of the lights is 150w. Distance to the lights stays at 60cm / 24 inches. Growth is pretty good, leaves seem a tad on the pale side so that's part why I bumbed up the feed as I saw the EC had fallen from previoud 0.98 to 0.95.

I like the performance with this light so far. How about you? How does it look to you guys?

PICS:

topview
AE D23 topview.JPG

sideview
AE D23 sideview.JPG

Back