Lighting Test grow with DIY light (4x Citizen CLU048 with 200w meanwell driver / DP AutoEuforia)

Big shout-out for @DutchPassionTony for recommending AutoEuforia for my wife and actually donating them along with some other awesome strains. I've been really happy growing through 2016 with them and now I finally have gotten around to give this strain a go also. Seems these seeds keep me busy this year too man. Thank you so much, I really do appriciate how much you have helped me and my wife. :pighug:

Holy moly! Just came back from work and was blown away how much attention this growdiary has already gotten from you guys! Wow, I am happy to see so much interest in this. :toke:

Hey BigSm and welcome! Yeah that is a good idea. Let me tag these pictures of the fixture here. This has internal potentiometer so I might be using the light a bit earlier with having it dimmed down. I guess the internal potentiometer then keeps the voltage going to the COB's the same as they need something like 36V to even light up, and it only changes the amps? I am kinda confused about the princible how it works. Anyway, here's the pics:

A potentiometer is a variable resistor, as you turn the potentiometer it varies the resistance of the amps up or down.

subbed for your grow. Good luck! :vibe::vibe:

Subbed bro.i have got my first diy cob grow going at the moment so will watch this one with interest.

i will start a journal in the diy forum so we get more people to actually see what these cobs can do

A potentiometer is a variable resistor, as you turn the potentiometer it varies the resistance of the amps up or down.

subbed for your grow. Good luck! :vibe::vibe:

Thanks for clarifying that one out.

Subbed bro.i have got my first diy cob grow going at the moment so will watch this one with interest.

i will start a journal in the diy forum so we get more people to actually see what these cobs can do

Yeah that would be cool bro! I think we would need a separate section for the DIY led grows but I guess meanwhile we just post these here :pass:

I'll definitely be following along with this one if you don't mind as I have pretty much the same kit winging it's way to me at the moment: 4 x CLU048 200w kit :) Mine will be CRi90 and 3500k.

I can't wait to get rid of my blurple and fan noise!

A question to you and anyone else who's using cobs, do you use/plan to use any supplementary deep red lighting for flowering? I've been reading up about it and have found the supplier of the cobs 'timber' use for their deep red kit. Has anyone made a deep red cob that's already in use? Would love to hear anyone's opinions.

Hippy

I'll definitely be following along with this one if you don't mind as I have pretty much the same kit winging it's way to me at the moment: 4 x CLU048 200w kit :) Mine will be CRi90 and 3500k.

I can't wait to get rid of my blurple and fan noise!

A question to you and anyone else who's using cobs, do you use/plan to use any supplementary deep red lighting for flowering? I've been reading up about it and have found the supplier of the cobs 'timber' use for their deep red kit. Has anyone made a deep red cob that's already in use? Would love to hear anyone's opinions.

Hippy

Thats a great question hippy. Have you asked in the led diy section? I'm not sure anyone has done anything like that.

Back