Lighting Test grow with DIY light (4x Citizen CLU048 with 200w meanwell driver / DP AutoEuforia)

Thats a great question hippy. Have you asked in the led diy section? I'm not sure anyone has done anything like that.

No I haven't posted in that thread yet mate.

I saw a kit on timber grow lights but it's a bit overkill for me as its 4 cobs/heatsinks and 100w of just deep red. I think 2 cobs/50w of 660nm would be nice.

But then again I'm seeing a mention of led strips and that's another possibility in my feeble mind :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw a kit on timber grow lights but it's a bit overkill for me as its 4 cobs/heatsinks and 100w of just deep red. I think 2 cobs/50w of 660nm would be nice.

But then again I'm seeing a mention of led strips and that's another possibility in my feeble mind :)

Go look for @BigSm0 , he is the man. I believe he has used led strios too

The singles cost a little more money but they are compete and you don't need to build the frame or wire them. These come with individual drivers and power cords so you can add or remove at your own pace. Adjusting each light individually is excellent too for fine tuning your space. The best thing in my eyes is the option to buy them slowely. My suggestion is if you have the money, time to build and don't plan on adjusting or changing your space go with the larger kit.

DAY 13

EC 0.9 (water and calmag 0.4 + nutrients 0.5)
pH 6.2

About time for an update! Unfortunately the other AutoEuforia had some trouble casting its roots to the reservoir properly, it got too dry too quickly and got shocked. I made a decision to throw it away and continue with just this single plant that is doing a lot better. Both has some funky colouring going on in their leaves, that is due to genetics. This remaining plant has just a hint of the patchy discolorated spots that the other plant did.

Now as the plant is leaving it's infant stage and the vegetative mode has started, I switched over to COB's instead of HS1. I am running the light fixture with 100w of power now, potentiometer turned all the way down. Distance to the light is 70cm / 28 inches. Do you guys think this would be ok distance at this stage?

AE D11.JPG

AE D11 70cm away.JPG

DAY 13

EC 0.9 (water and calmag 0.4 + nutrients 0.5)
pH 6.2

About time for an update! Unfortunately the other AutoEuforia had some trouble casting its roots to the reservoir properly, it got too dry too quickly and got shocked. I made a decision to throw it away and continue with just this single plant that is doing a lot better. Both has some funky colouring going on in their leaves, that is due to genetics. This remaining plant has just a hint of the patchy discolorated spots that the other plant did.

Now as the plant is leaving it's infant stage and the vegetative mode has started, I switched over to COB's instead of HS1. I am running the light fixture with 100w of power now, potentiometer turned all the way down. Distance to the light is 70cm / 28 inches. Do you guys think this would be ok distance at this stage?

View attachment 690867

View attachment 690866
Keep a close eye on the leaves. They aren't up and perky so I'd keep the light where it is for now. When they start aiming the tips up you can probably drop in slowely. @wayward1 this light is equal to a mars 1200 as far as light output goes. It maybe at the right height.

Back