DIY Television Armoire Grow Box aka BayLee420 goes Stealth

Finished the Panda filming of the inside of the armoire today. Double stick carpet tape holding the film. Actually took the sides, top and shelf apart and upholstered the pieces. Panda Film is VERY slippery. Do not walk on it while working on the floor. Walking on ice. Took a skid across living room. Then smashed into the den's door. Ouch! The exhaust hole that was cut is too small in diameter to install the duct starter. I need to use a good sharp file to round it out. Have a cheap file now and the MDF is way to hard to file. Took me an hour of filing to get nowhere . The exhaust fan is going outside the armoire. Will have it in the back of the cabinet. I need the grow space. I didn't do this project to loose 1/3 of the grow area. Stealth will be kinda compromised, but not too much.

Using tapatalk to post this. My wonderful Windows 8 is so full of crap that it's actually easier to go to the iPhone. Photos in the morning post.

The total hours as of today in the Stealth Project is 15 and counting.

Last edited:
Please excuse the look of the stealth project. Panda Film is installed. Need to finish the exhaust port. The exhaust port hole is too small and needs to be filed. The MDF board is like concrete. Very dense. Will need a better file to finish the port. Intake port is a wall register that can be adjusted to open and close.

f97b28283afe701665d29027a38ce527.jpg

Going to be slow next week at "work". Have the 1st four days off.. This will give me plenty of time to complete the armoire. Wishful thinking[emoji848]. If all goes well. I can put MGMG III in and let them taste some good light.

The grow are is 17 sqft. In my definition of a Micro Grow (under 10 sqft) this next grow doesn't qualify.. Guess my Micro Grow days will be over. Join the Big Boy Club now.

My nephew (who owns a pick up truck) will be picking up a 1/2 in. 4 ft. x 8 ft. MDF board for the back of the stealth armoire. The 1/2 in thickness will give me plenty of thickness to screw the back in place. The sturdiness will help the exhaust port's stability. I was going to put the exhaust fan on top of the armoire giving me more space in the grow area. That would delete the stealthiest of the project. May do that plan later; if I find that I need more grow space.

He'll be doing the cutting of the back. The intake and exhaust ports cut out and a 4" hole for the electronics wire/cables.
Things are coming along. :woohoo1:

My "love affair" with Grow Shoppe Hot Babe seems to have waned. I went in yesterday to get some light hanging cables. Got the cold shoulder and was rushed out of the Shoppe after I purchased. She wasn't interested in any chit chat. Hay, I spent the dough and got the bums rush. :crying:

All information, growing techniques, silly comments herein this thread are solely influenced by the use of cannabis.

That bitch!

Back