DIY Television Armoire Grow Box aka BayLee420 goes Stealth

One of the edges of the armoire side panels is chipped. Sent a replacement request to the manufacturer. Still have to finish the assembly. It's taking up the entire floor of the den. The manufacturer will be sending the piece in 2-3 business days. Free delivery and the replacement is free too.

Is you nephew going to help?

When I get to do the grow area set up. He'll be needed to help. He's got all the cutting and grilling tools that will be helpful in getting the armoire ready to start growing. That's the back of the armoire. He'll need to come up here to do it. This armoire is staying put. Weighs a lot and it isn't moving from the den.

PB120001.JPG

Assembly completed. No it's not on it's side. Still cannot get to post pics w/o them being on their side.
PB120002.JPG
PB120003.JPG

Now it's ready to get the grow area set up. Another trip to the Grow Shop. Oh, boy......:dancer:
Need to get the duct work and the poly reflective material. That should be next week. 90% done.

Oh yes. It took 7 1/2 hours to put this armoire together. Needed a trip to my local hardware store to get a #2 Philips head screw driver and a hammer. Where my tools go is beyond me.

The armoire is bigger than I imagined. The grow space will be huge compared to what I've been growing in. This should work very well.

Looking good bro, this is gonna be a real fun thread. As for the pics i just open them in paint and rotate them 180 degrees twice and then save them again, after that when i upload them they are always displayed right.

My best ideas come to me when I am sleeping. Going to use Panda Film on the inside of the armoire for reflection. Panda film is a plastic material that is black on one side and white on the other. The material has a reflection index 85%-95%. From what I've read about Panda Film is that it is slippery and kind of thick. Most growers will hang or drape the Panda Film and then tack or somehow try to hold it in place. I can take the stealth armoire apart. In fact one of the sides was chipped in shipping and the manufacturer will send a replacement in 2-3 business days. Perfect timing. Now the idea I got while sleeping.

I will sort of upholster the insides, back, doors and top with the Panda film. When I replace the side piece I will use 3M spray adhesive on the laminate and Panda Film wait till its tacky. Smooth the Panda Film and then assemble the pieces back. No need to tack or use Velcro. Nice and smooth. Then when dry and ready. I will cut the exhaust and intake holes. Then hang the Cool Tube. Still figuring out where to put the timer and other electronics, but then I may get a dream moment.

Following description of Panda Film is from Grow Weed Easy
Panda Plastic (85-95% light reflectivity)

Panda plastic (also known as "Black and White Polymer") gets its name from being white on one side and black on the other. Although it can be a bit expensive, panda plastic provides great light reflectivity. You point the white side towards the lights, and the black side will help trap light from getting in or out. Panda plastic can be nailed or otherwise attached (velcro works great) to your walls and is easily taken down. The thicker the panda plastic, the more durable it is. Remember, this is made of plastic, so it can melt if it gets too hot - be careful to never let Panda Plastic sit too close to your lights!

Last edited:
Back