Sweet Seeds Sweet Trainwreck-SS

I've been watching you guys talk about those boveda packs, I had a problem once it sounds a lot like what you've been describing. I went through a time where I was growing out the same strain over and over again drying at the same way and tossing it in a jar with the 60 gram Boveda pack for a gallon jar. Did that several times no problem and then one time for whatever reason it molded on me real quick. The idea of a mislabeled 72 makes a lot of sense. But I've abandoned the 62 anyway I kind of like the 58 better and I actually dry my weed in a bucket till I get it to 62 and then I give it to the 58.

I had no idea my boveda/boost question would launch such a flurry of posts. But this has been very interesting for me, and I thank you all for the commentaries.

Again, as a noob, my experience is virtually zero -- I have just one completed grow stilling in 11 half-gallon jars. Once they were dry, they went into the jars with a few hydrometers and a bunch of boveda 62% packets. Based on the hydrometers, my starting point once placed into the jars ranged from 60 to 68. Over the past month I've been replacing the boveda 62% with the Boost 55% packets --- but I've not paid much attention lately to see where things are "settling out" RH wise.

By the way, the Boost's come with a little color-coded card that you place along with the packet. The card changes color when the packet is exhausted.

I also keep 1/2 pint-sized glass Mason jars about half full of ground herb - one jar for each of my four different strains, 'cause I like to be be able to quickly prepare multiple joints at a time. I put a small 55% Boost packed with color-card into each one of those jars, 'cause I don't want the ground herb to get too dry.

So far, no problems. But its too soon for me to know one way or the other. :hookah:

I've been watching you guys talk about those boveda packs, I had a problem once it sounds a lot like what you've been describing. I went through a time where I was growing out the same strain over and over again drying at the same way and tossing it in a jar with the 60 gram Boveda pack for a gallon jar. Did that several times no problem and then one time for whatever reason it molded on me real quick. The idea of a mislabeled 72 makes a lot of sense. But I've abandoned the 62 anyway I kind of like the 58 better and I actually dry my weed in a bucket till I get it to 62 and then I give it to the 58.
wow, this very good to know even you had an issue. I know i'm bit new with auto's but very very experienced with photo's and been drying herb for quite some time. It really bothered me a lot when that happened, so much so I didn't even bring it up, Until I was asked about them.

I do think the 58% way better as well, 62% just too moist for me, usually I have take out of jar let it sit 10-15 mins or it's just so damn sticky.

I had no idea my boveda/boost question would launch such a flurry of posts. But this has been very interesting for me, and I thank you all for the commentaries.

Again, as a noob, my experience is virtually zero -- I have just one completed grow stilling in 11 half-gallon jars. Once they were dry, they went into the jars with a few hydrometers and a bunch of boveda 62% packets. Based on the hydrometers, my starting point once placed into the jars ranged from 60 to 68. Over the past month I've been replacing the boveda 62% with the Boost 55% packets --- but I've not paid much attention lately to see where things are "settling out" RH wise.

By the way, the Boost's come with a little color-coded card that you place along with the packet. The card changes color when the packet is exhausted.

I also keep 1/2 pint-sized glass Mason jars about half full of ground herb - one jar for each of my four different strains, 'cause I like to be be able to quickly prepare multiple joints at a time. I put a small 55% Boost packed with color-card into each one of those jars, 'cause I don't want the ground herb to get too dry.

So far, no problems. But its too soon for me to know one way or the other. :hookah:
I never tried them boost ones yet, but they do sound like they might be better then, But not really sure. I'd try the 58% ones if they make, but nothing higher ever again.

I prefer the 59% also. Doesn't sound like much but the weed burns better in pipes and joints at the lower RH. In a vape, it doesn't matter

I do think the 58% way better as well, 62% just too moist for me, usually I have take out of jar let it sit 10-15 mins or it's just so damn sticky.

I like they already have some sort of thing to give ya an idea, I'm sure they can do better with that though and add some type hydrometer to them packets or something to let ya know they working correctly. since buying both hydrometer & them packets shouldn't be needed one or other really or build one into the other?

I prefer the 59% also. Doesn't sound like much but the weed burns better in pipes and joints at the lower RH. In a vape, it doesn't matter
Oh I completely agree with ya, I know a couple % don't sound like much but if your trying cut it up or for people trying vape, ya can't with 62% it just don't work right, don't burn right, doesn't chop right..

I noticed if I try use 62% in vape it doesn't vape correctly and at 58% it vapes beautifully same with joints & bowls I think.

if i put in vape, i chop and let it sit out like 20+mins by then its usually nice & dry and seems vape more smoothly, if i try just chop and put in, it seems only cook outer stuff then need move it around. and can't ever get good hits with it straight out of jar it always seem need dry out more then a bowl or joints even, at-least for me. Could be my POS vape too ;)

Back