How are you supposed to decarb for cbd?

Check out the analysis sheets on any CBD plant.... you will find it is 99.5% CBDa

CBDa is not beneficial , you have to get rid of the "a"

So.... You decarb it just like THCa

Bake it in an oven to decarb. But note that the times and temps are different than decarbing THCa

Check out the analysis sheets on any CBD plant.... you will find it is 99.5% CBDa

CBDa is not beneficial , you have to get rid of the "a"

So.... You decarb it just like THCa

Bake it in an oven to decarb. But note that the times and temps are different than decarbing THCa
I meant what time and temps. And why is the a not needed? I dont have a clue

I meant what time and temps. And why is the a not needed? I dont have a clue

Ok, simplified version : lets say you don't get high on weed until after heat is applied and THCa is converted to THC

Same goes for CBDa... you dont get medicinal effects until after heat is applied and CBDa is converted to CBD

Screenshot_20181111-101834_Google.jpg

Now with a quality CBD plant check out the CBD (good stuff) levels and compare to the CBDa (inactive stuff) levels

Screenshot_20181111-101652_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's why you need to get rid of the "a"

I manufacture CBD products so my exact time and my exact temps are proprietary (as are most others that do this) but for a general household decarb of CBD a good range is 280F for 80 - 90 minutes.

And you want to be sure your pan is covered fairly tight, and that your oven setting is calibrated.

Peace
Hash

thanks for the info. im having a small meltdown so im sorry im going crazy on a web forum. its just like knowing it works but knowing you cant get the relief because the plant isnt done.

I'll reply to all the individual posts tonight or tomorrow. im just kinda hopping back and forth on here

thanks for the info. im having a small meltdown so im sorry im going crazy on a web forum. its just like knowing it works but knowing you cant get the relief because the plant isnt done.

I'll reply to all the individual posts tonight or tomorrow. im just kinda hopping back and forth on here

Family comes first, hashy is providing some very important information! I never knew there would be a difference. That is a big change from decarbing thc

Ok, simplified version : lets say you don't get high on weed until after heat is applied and THCa is converted to THC

Same goes for CBDa... you dont get medicinal effects until after heat is applied and CBDa is converted to CBD

View attachment 972152

Now with a quality CBD plant check out the CBD (good stuff) levels and compare to the CBDa (inactive stuff) levels

View attachment 972171

That's why you need to get rid of the "a"

I manufacture CBD products so my exact time and my exact temps are proprietary (as are most others that do this) but for a general household decarb of CBD a good range is 280F for 80 - 90 minutes.

And you want to be sure your pan is covered fairly tight, and that your oven setting is calibrated.

Peace
Hash
Wouldn't ask for the secret recipe, but that will be so helpful! Big difference from how I decarb thc. Hotter and longer

Wouldn't ask for the secret recipe, but that will be so helpful! Big difference from how I decarb thc. Hotter and longer

Yes.... hotter, longer, and pan seal is much more important

At home a cookie sheet or cake pan with aluminum foil wrapped to seal it works well

Peace
Hash

Yes.... hotter, longer, and pan seal is much more important

At home a cookie sheet or cake pan with aluminum foil wrapped to seal it works well

Peace
Hash
I usually use a covered glass baking dish. Not airtight but seems to have worked well for a regular decarb

Back