New Grower Suki's Perpetual Grow-a-thon

So, post repotting
20220411_180818.jpg

And after their topdress of EWC and their new hay, post foliar & watering. Don't mind the Thunder Banana gone sideways, she had been growing slanted for a bit and when I watered she went even more crooked so I attempted to straighten her out a bit. I figure she'll probably have righted herself by tomorrow.
20220411_180933.jpg

Since it was already in the sprayer, they all got a light misting of the same mix from above, along with the two who have yet to show their faces and the Rucu Cucu.

Enhance MC Kelp - .5ml/gal
GLB Roots2Shoots - 1ml/gal
Liquid Organic Matter - 1ml/gal
GLB Fish 5-1-2 - 1ml/gal

View attachment 1444184View attachment 1444185View attachment 1444186View attachment 1444187
That for sure can't do anything wrong. Loads of goodies and beneficials :thumbsup:
I'm really starting to dig all the organics, but have so much more to learn...

I will say its super satisfying to pull the 1" or so of dry hay back and find tons of worms wiggling around in the composted hay lol. Very very rich looking dark nearly soil for a good 3" or so down.

Forgot to mention here! Prior to watering I gave her a hearty topdress of 1/4c 4-4-4, 1/4c 4-8-4, and 1/2c Kelp Meal that I had "preheated" by inoculating with an ounce or so of labs and enough water to moisten through and left covered to sit in the tent for a few days. The mixture had a nice layer of fuzz on top when I opened the lid. I pulled the Timothy hay back from around her trunk to apply it and was pleased to see that all but the top inch or so had pretty well been broken down by the worms and microbes. Made a nice little mound around her expanding about 4" out from her trunk all the way around and then replaced the hay. That was followed by a gallon of water treated with the below after some guidance from @GreenLifeBiotics. I don't believe she currently has any deficiencies however she has been in the same 10gal of living soil for nearly 4 months and with as big as she is I would assume she has used up quite a bit of what is in her pot. The breakdown of the Timothy hay does provide a small slow release of nitrogen, and so will the aforementioned topdressing, but since I will be flipping her sooner than later I wanted to make sure she does not run out of nitrogen in transition. The GLB Fish (5-1-2) Tony provided is a slow-ish release per our conversation in the testing thread, while the amino acids in the Roots2Shoots is a more readily available source of nitrogen.

Enhance MC Kelp - .5ml/gal
GLB Roots2Shoots - 1ml/gal
Liquid Organic Matter - 1ml/gal
GLB Fish 5-1-2 - 1ml/gal

The LOM is typically not used during veg however due to her size in relation to her media volume I felt it prudent to include it in the mix for the sake of its ability to increase the water holding capability of the soil.
Just an FYI I would rather have the the Liquid Organic Matter used all the way through but because of the AEC and CEC ( Anion and Cation Exchange Capacity) it holds a lot of water so the richer the soil the later it seems to be introduced but if used in veg, once you hit flower and used Enhance MC, you will see trichomes normally within the first 2 weeks.

Also Enhance MC both version have a bacteria the break down cellulose so your may see some of the break down quicker than normal. Growers that use coco when using Enhance MC and Brix57 usually have their coco drop about an inch or so as it gets turned into food for the plant by mid flower.

Last edited:
Just an FYI I would rather have the the Liquid Organic Matter used all the way through but because of the AEC and CEC ( Anion and Cation Exchange Capacity) it holds a lot of water so the richer the soil the later it seems to be introduced but if used in veg, once you hit flower and used Enhance MC, you will see trichomes normally within the first 2 weeks.

Also Enhance MC both version have a bacteria the break down cellulose so your may see some of the break down quicker than normal. Growers that use coco when using Enhance MC and Brix57 usually have their coco drop about an inch or so as it gets turned into food for the plant by mid flower.
You can definitely tell! I've watered it into an empty pot that I had taken a plant out of a few times and there was barely any feeder roots left when I dug down into it to pot one of my small girls today. I can see this being incredibly helpful in a no till setup!

Here's some of the broken down Timothy hay from the 20gal, and then the 10gal that has the WZ2 in it. The soil from my WMD#2 got put in the worm bin and so there are random grow dots floating around from where I've added scoops of worms to the pots, but anyways you can see how much the hay mulch has broken down. Sorry for the shaky camera work, I was walking on my knees :rofl: the good stuff is deeper down but there are feeder roots all through it and I didn't want to disturb them.

View attachment 1444161
She's perked up considerably since Saturday! @Death The Cultivator this is my first scrog and I'm clueless lol. You can see the center and top left quadrant are all fairly thin still. I'm of the inclination to let her veg just a bit more before flipping but figured I should ask someone who knows more than I do lmao. Mostly curious how long I should go before switching to 12/12.

Is this just one plant? The net looks as if it covers a 4x4 to 5x5. I think it could go another week. Not bad looking at all, I have moments where it just is what it is. If you have the time I'd veg it another week but also consider how strong your lighting is with no walls nearby. It's a big jump going from 300 to 800ppfd so a good veg doesn't necessarily equate to a strong flower without enough lighting

Back