Dinafem SteelWool's first grow - Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto

While i agree with DWC I didnt mean to disagree with you, just think that as a complete beginner it's better to err on the side of caution with a method guaranteed to work, I've seen too many new growers stunt the crap out of autos with too much fertilizing. I know there is no problem feeding early in the right amount if you truly know what you're dealing with. I routinely use the root stimulant at 1/8 to 1/4 strength as a soil presoak, but that isn't much of a nutrient in the NPK sense. Many of them are less than 1-1-1, especially with organic lines.

Fair point surf :thumbsup: I sometimes forget the minefield that is starting out for the first time.

The fact is growing a plant is a lot like fucking a girl. There are a million different ways of doing it, most of them work and some are better than others. Ultimately it's all about finding your own way and the big virgin that is Steel has now started that journey :biggrin:

Plants are looking good man :thumbsup: How close do you have your light now? With the cooltube, you should easily get a 250w within four inches with no temp issues.

Cheers,
Hardon

Last edited:
Fair point surf [emoji106] I sometimes forget the minefield that is starting out for the first time.

The fact is growing a plant is a lot like fucking a girl. There are a million different ways of doing it, most of them work and some are better than others. Ultimately it's all about finding your own way and the big virgin that is Steel has now started the journey [emoji3]

Plants are looking good man [emoji106] How close do you have your light now? With the cooltube, you should easily get a 250w within four inches with no temp issues.

Cheers,
Hardon
Aaa really around 11cm then, i got it at 30 cm bro :) is it that time already? I thought that level comes around week 3, there is no chance of harmind with the light right, the plant will somehow tell me if it like it or not? So i can change it needed

By the way, Today i fed her with root juice 1.5ml for its 2nd feeding.

Fair point surf [emoji106] I sometimes forget the minefield that is starting out for the first time.

The fact is growing a plant is a lot like fucking a girl. There are a million different ways of doing it, most of them work and some are better than others. Ultimately it's all about finding your own way and the big virgin that is Steel has now started the journey [emoji3]

Plants are looking good man [emoji106] How close do you have your light now? With the cooltube, you should easily get a 250w within four inches with no temp issues.

Cheers,
Hardon
Ok i put the light at 20cm for now ill see how it reacts to it and go off from there.

Aaa really around 11cm then, i got it at 30 cm bro :) is it that time already? I thought that level comes around week 3, there is no chance of harmind with the light right, the plant will somehow tell me if it like it or not? So i can change it needed

By the way, Today i fed her with root juice 1.5ml for its 2nd feeding.

My mate runs a 250w in a cooltube with just a budget inline fan and his plants can touch the glass without burning. I'm not recommending you do that but yeah, the time to drop the lamp was a good few days ago!

Do this test before you do anything - Put the back of your hand two inches away from the glass and hold it there for a minute. If it is comfortable for your hand, then it'll be comfortable for your plants :thumbsup: Then try it with your other hand an inch away. I'm reckoning it'll probably also be comfortable....

Good move on the Root Juice :thumbsup: Now the growth has started above the soil, I would suggest you get started on the grow nutrients asap. You might find this of interest (and reassurance that Hardon isn't here to kill your plants :biggrin:)

BioBizz.jpg

Bio-bizz themselves recommend that Root Juice isn't used after the first week and that grow nutrients are used from week two. Personally, I would ignore their advice and continue to use the Root Juice until you see root tails and would also have been on the grow nutes from the second feed, especially since you're growing in Light Mix :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Hardon

My mate runs a 250w in a cooltube with just a budget inline fan and his plants can touch the glass without burning. I'm not recommending you do that but yeah, the time to drop the lamp was a good few days ago!

Do this test before you do anything - Put the back of your hand two inches away from the glass and hold it there for a minute. If it is comfortable for your hand, then it'll be comfortable for your plants [emoji106] Then try it with your other hand an inch away. I'm reckoning it'll probably also be comfortable....

Good move on the Root Juice [emoji106] Now the growth has started above the soil, I would suggest you get started on the grow nutrients asap. You might find this of interest (and reassurance that Hardon isn't here to kill your plants [emoji3])

BioBizz.jpg

Bio-bizz themselves recommend that Root Juice isn't used after the first week and that grow nutrients are used from week two. Personally, I would ignore their advice and continue to use the Root Juice until you see root tails and would also have been on the grow nutes from the second feed, especially since you're growing in Light Mix [emoji106]

Cheers,
Hardon
Haga yeah no more paranoya dont worry, i know we on the same team [emoji12]

Man i got my nutes lined up only one i gotta buy is the calmeg you suggested, what i got at the moment is:

biobizz: Root Juice, Topmax, Bio Bloom, Bio Grow, Alg A Mic

For now i sjould only be using root juice right?

Man i got my nutes lined up only one i gotta buy is the calmeg you suggested, what i got at the moment is:

Dude that is your call :thumbsup: I've already told you what I would do.

Cheers,
Hardon

awesome advice hardon :) i aint here to kill his plant also i hope everything goes very well

Back