Dinafem SteelWool's first grow - Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto

I moved my fan to floor level, so that it blows up through the leaves towards the light. my plants have never looked better. It does have a very similar appearance. I've heard the cheese strains can have a strong smell, how's yours? Is there any opportunity to bring in some sidelighting?

I moved my fan to floor level, so that it blows up through the leaves towards the light. my plants have never looked better. It does have a very similar appearance. I've heard the cheese strains can have a strong smell, how's yours? Is there any opportunity to bring in some sidelighting?

by sidelighting you mean SFL??

actually the smell is comming along slowly slowly :)

i have the feeling in 2 weeks she gonna b a stinker :)

you know about moving the fant to the bottom. I dont really have amot of space in my tent 60x60x160cm

I use a 20LG pot. so the pot itself takes up alot of space.

now if I were to bring the fan down and have it pointing at plant from bottom, there really is not too much space between the plant and the fan.

and the fan I have even working on low power is giving off alot of wind. and I actyaully pointed it at the plant for a couple of hours last week.

4-5 hours later when I went to go look at the plant, the branches has already been bent.

so that was my last experience with putting the fan right on the plant. and I didnt dare do it again.

and I though if you put the fan in between light and plant, it will help cool the hot air coming from the light.

by sidelighting you mean SFL??

actually the smell is comming along slowly slowly :)

i have the feeling in 2 weeks she gonna b a stinker :)

you know about moving the fant to the bottom. I dont really have amot of space in my tent 60x60x160cm

I use a 20LG pot. so the pot itself takes up alot of space.

now if I were to bring the fan down and have it pointing at plant from bottom, there really is not too much space between the plant and the fan.

and the fan I have even working on low power is giving off alot of wind. and I actyaully pointed it at the plant for a couple of hours last week.

4-5 hours later when I went to go look at the plant, the branches has already been bent.

so that was my last experience with putting the fan right on the plant. and I didnt dare do it again.

and I though if you put the fan in between light and plant, it will help cool the hot air coming from the light.

Agreed, the fan should ideally be facing across the canopy imho, not directly at the plant at such a short distance. I also think in that size tent, side lighting is not really needed and would add unwanted heat. Let us know how the yellowing progresses (if it does) :pass:

Day 37

I think the vertical growth has stopped.

its been at around 70cm for about 5-6 days now.

this is the time I start my Flowering nuts like biobizz Bloom and Biobizz Top max right?

but she lookin good.
I did make a post in the infirmary section first comments are that it is normal

hope it is :woohoo1:

20151130_183102.jpg
20151130_183145.jpg
20151130_183204.jpg
20151130_183217.jpg
20151130_183253.jpg

Wow man, in natural light she is even better! Nice work man, yep def get on those flower nutes now man. Great growing!

Just noticed there are too many 'man' in that post lmao, I shouldn't vape before posting lol.

Little tip for you- you could add a small amount of Molasses to your feed schedule if you can get it. Works awesome in bloom. :)

Good update, good pics. We all want to grow the perfect plant Steel, and there's some beauties on this site, for sure. You're actually doing really well for your first time out. That's a good looking plant. It's shaping up to throw a nice cola. Those yellow tips wouldn't bother me, but I'd trim back the yellow lowers. Your goal was to hold temps to 25C, at 60% humidity. How's that going? If you can reduce your humidity to 50 or even 40%, even better, now that you're in flower. Have you noticed how hot your house gets when you boil water, like for spaghetti? Higher humiditiies support higher temps because the water in the air holds and transfers the heat much better. I have a wood stove, and at a RH of 30% or less (deep into winter, Jan and Feb) it is difficult to warm the house with even the biggest fire. Then, a pot of water goes on the stove, and quickly temps rise.
If your temps are manageable, for sidelights I was thinking 16w household LEDs (100w replacement), 2700K, maybe one on each side pointed over and across the lower buds. Just a thought, but I think it would really push your yield especially on those lower buds at harvest. I used a pile of these on my first grow, and they paid for the light I use now. Overlapping light fields really drive intensity. In the beginning though, I'll admit my goal was just to take a plant from beginning to end. I pulled 5 zs from a DinaFem Blue Kush Auto freebie (highly recommend this strain!) so I can tell you they definitely work, and work well while adding very low amounts of heat. Dazed is right though, you've got a small box and it will handle what it can handle. I've used molasses also, it's a surprisingly well balanced and effective fertilizer. Good luck Steel, you're halfway there!

Back