Dinafem SteelWool's first grow - Dinafem Blue Cheese Auto

have you started feeding???
Only root juice now, im increasing gradually.

On 2ml per lt at the moment, i think im just gonna use it all through the grow, lets see what happens :)

Im not touching the other nutes i got till anout week 4-5 i guees, i read that if i start at week 2-3, it can effect the yield of the plant.

As an expert, do you agree [emoji12]

On 2ml per lt at the moment, i think im just gonna use it all through the grow, lets see what happens :)

Im not touching the other nutes i got till anout week 4-5 i guees, i read that if i start at week 2-3, it can effect the yield of the plant.

i do not agree at all with that start feeding, if you said you only added a little water i would mix your nutes right now and feed till run off at 1/4 str nutes, i had a friend that grow and waited a month to start feeding and he lost alot of yield as soon as he started to feed it noticed it triple in size i would feed tonight if they need water and do it till run off just test your ph of your nutes and ppm if you have one at 1/4 str waiting a month is to long to start nutes

here is a few pics of mine 1 week after feeding first pic is day 16
DSC04102.JPG

Day 23 ( 7 days later) after 1/4 feed
DSC04174.JPG

Unless you've got rocks in your soil/media, the seedlings will find their way to the surface. They've been doing this for billions of years. Remember, these are weeds that grow in very diverse and much more challenging conditions.

i do not agree at all with that start feeding, if you said you only added a little water i would mix your nutes right now and feed till run off at 1/4 str nutes, i had a friend that grow and waited a month to start feeding and he lost alot of yield as soon as he started to feed it noticed it triple in size i would feed tonight if they need water and do it till run off just test your ph of your nutes and ppm if you have one at 1/4 str waiting a month is to long to start nutes

Dear DWCnoob,

so I have the following nutes: Root Juice, Topmax, Bio Bloom, Bio Grow, Alg A Mic

only root juice I started using.

for guidelines im looking at this chart which ı found on the AFN forum specifically made for autoflowers.

but here you can see here it says to start with all the nutes at the same time, do you advice me to start using all of them at the same time?

and do you think if I use the values which are mentioned on this chart, will they be enough or should I also decrease the levels which it mentions for starting the nutes schedule.

Screenshot_2015_11_03_00_08_24.png

another quick question would be, on this forum under the life cycle of autoflowers it say something like dis:

"Weeks 1 - 3. Once you've started your seeds and they break the surface of the soil, they are in their seedling stage. The first set of leaves to appear will usually single fingered, followed by a second set that may still be single fingered or perhaps 3 fingered. Once that second set appears growth will start to accelerate as the new leaves provide more photosynthesis. This process will continue, more new leaves, faster growth. Depending on the type of soil in use, mild vegetative nutes can be introduced at week 2. By week 3 most plants will start to show their sex. Males will start to produce pollen sacks and females will display pistols.

Weeks 4 - 6. The plants are now entering a pre flowering stage. During this time the plants should exhibit explosive growth, often as much as a new set of nodes and 1" vertical growth a day. This is the time when they will gain most of their vertical height. Many people make the mistake of switching from vegetative to flowering nutrients at this point, assuming that since they see flowers it must be the proper time. This is incorrect. If the switch to flowering nutes is made at this time the vertical growth will stop and the plant will put it's energy into producing buds. If you need to keep your plants small, or want them to finish earlier, they by all means switch nutes at this point. But if you want to get the most out of your plants continue feeding vegetative nutes until you see the vertical growth slow and stop. Depending on the strain that will usually be sometime during week 5 or 6. "

this is where ı get confused, here it says not to start too early with the nutes, so it doesn't prevent the growth, and now you said if you wat 1 month u limit the yield.

can you please help me trying to figure this one out.

im really stuck here, if I can just understand the logic I can make a decision, but unfortunately i dont understand the logic of it

Hi bro, i have using Bio Bizz for my past few grows now with some nice results using the same as you except the Top Max and some extra CalMg supplement, the is both Calcium and Magnesium in the AlgaMic but just not enough for most autos once they head into flowering.

The nutes are mild in comparison to chem nutes and i start with occasional grow feeds through weeks 1 and 2 without a problem, and then feeding regularly week 2 onwards, this is with light mix soil if using all mix or another pre nuted soil you might get away with waiting till weeks 3-4 to introduce feeds, thats if the hot soil did not stunt or burn the seedlings.

Have added some links to the feeds from a few of my grows, so you can see what i mean, have added the pot type as the air pots dry lots faster than a square pot so where being feed more often and have so far put out the bigger plant.

Deep Blue C (6L AirPot, 67 day strain)

Sour Crack (11L square pot, 58 day strain)

By starting nutes to early it means the bloom (flowering nutes), when you notice they are growing fast and you will notice beleive me, start measuring the height of the plant and keep a record when you notice the growth is slowing to a stop this is when to add the bloom nutes into your schedule.

You want to be feeding vegative (grow nutes) all through growth as this is what your plant needs to put out branches and grow in size, with Bio Bizz grow nutes are mixed with bloom through the whole grow and reduced and removed near the end, as you can see in my example feeds.

Hi bro, i have using Bio Bizz for my past few grows now with some nice results using the same as you except the Top Max and some extra CalMg supplement, the is both Calcium and Magnesium in the AlgaMic but just not enough for most autos once they head into flowering.

The nutes are mild in comparison to chem nutes and i start with occasional grow feeds through weeks 1 and 2 without a problem, and then feeding regularly week 2 onwards, this is with light mix soil if using all mix or another pre nuted soil you might get away with waiting till weeks 3-4 to introduce feeds, thats if the hot soil did not stunt or burn the seedlings.

Have added some links to the feeds from a few of my grows, so you can see what i mean, have added the pot type as the air pots dry lots faster than a square pot so where being feed more often and have so far put out the bigger plant.

Deep Blue C (6L AirPot, 67 day strain)

Sour Crack (11L square pot, 58 day strain)

wow, now this is the type of info I need.

thanks alot, will be feeding my girl tonight as you mentioned with

1L mix, grow 1ml/L + algamic 1ml/L + calmg 1ml/L ( except I dont have the cal mg but ı will get some asap :) )

so its the bloom nute ı shouldnt be using, but grow and algamic i can be using from now on. ok got it bro.

I really appreciate your help, this list gonna save my life, at least I have a reference point to look at.

so basically every 3 days you are giving 1 lt water with nutes in it.

and the frequency of watering gets less, but with more water sometimes too.

just one question, regarding the last days of your grow:

1. Day 61 - Filtered Water @ 2L
  2. Day 62 - Filtered Water @ 2L
  3. Day 63 - Filtered Water @ 2L
  4. Day 64 - Filtered Water @ 2L
  5. Day 65 - Filtered Water @ 2L
this is the flushing part I believe.

I always thought of flushing as, give one very big pure water watering with good run off.

and then wait about a week to harvest.

but from your schedule I see it is not as ı assumed at all.

Back