New Grower SPZ's Mephisto Triple Automatic Redux

Yes I will do some posting, just for you. I have the tent ( La Garden 5 x 5 x 7) up, as well as the filter and I have put the fan outside the tent. I put the light up last night REAL low to the ground. I always assume things can go astray...so if the tent poles broke it would not fall too far.

The ChilLED light is beyond my hopes. I got the 400 watt commercial model.. It pulls 408 - 411 watts at the wall. It weighs over 40 lbs. It looks beautiful and very top class. I too was lined up to go with COBS as you did. But I took a leap of faith with Vitaly at ChilLED and I was NOT disappointed.

I am running the light with fans on right now. I want to see how the new setup reacts.

I got lucky, GrowMau5 put it together for me, so I know it was assembled with care, knowlegde and love. They treated me real good. It is a GREAT company run by super people you can trust. As I said I was lucky to be able to buy this light.

I have some pics, which I will share.

Shit that light looks like commercial grade, can't wait to see what you pull with that, Nosias!

When I first purchased the QB, I thought that there wasn't any way that it'd be enough light. However, I've found that there's such a thing as too much light. At full power it was causing nutrient deficiencies - specifically Cal/Mag issues. I dialed it back a bit and now it's perfect. I'm really happy with my purchase.

Got your journal open in another tab, you got some sick ladies there!

Day 10

Just gave the plants their second watering as per the schedule. The pots were quite dry so it was definitely time for a good dowsing. 1.25 liters per pot with 2ml/l Voodoo Juice, 1ml/l Cal/Mag and 1ml/l Sensi Grow A and B. The solution naturally ph'd to 5.9.

Here they are:

NCH 1
IMG_20170802_081437108.jpg

NCH 2
IMG_20170802_082249715.jpg

NCH 3
IMG_20170802_081501076.jpg

NCH 4
IMG_20170802_081509980.jpg

NCH 5
IMG_20170802_081517391.jpg

@SPZ Looking real sweet Can you refresh me on the nutrients. I mean what order do you mix them? If it is on the side of the bottle then I can go look.

So they are still alive and haven't turned any bad colors or anything, but they sure seem to be growing slow compared to some of the grows here on AFN. I've tried my best to dial in every variable, here's a snapshot:

Lights: 1 AutoCob per plant Hanging at 30" light cycle 20/4
Temp: Daytime 75-77F, Night 66F
Humidity: dialed into 50-70% with humidifier
Feed: as per schedule above, ph'd to around 5.8-5.9 in all cases
Using well water, my untreated water is EC 0 and pH 6.4

It seems like maybe they aren't getting enough of something? I realized the speed controller for the exhaust fan was on low so I went ahead and turned it up in case they need more air. They seem healthy enough so I'm just watching and waiting to see if any of these tweaks help. I'm considering lowering one of the lights as an experiment.

@SPZ Looking real sweet Can you refresh me on the nutrients. I mean what order do you mix them? If it is on the side of the bottle then I can go look.

Hey, Nosias, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right myself but for what it is worth this is my procedure. For this last feed I took 4.5 liters of tap water and mixed in .5 liters of water heated a bit in the kettle (my well water is always around 55 degrees, don't want to shock the ladies with it). Added 10ml Voodoo Juice, 5ml CalMag, then 5ml each of the Sensi Grow A and B part. Stirred the solution with a big spoon. I then checked the solution with my pH meter and it slowly settled on 5.9 and 62 degrees. This is where I have been adding pH Down to get to a target of 5.8 but with the 1ml/l of sensi nutes the pH came out good on its own. I then pour out 1.25 liters into my watering can to gently water each plant. I'm trying to water around the sides and not on the plant but there is some splashing. The solo cup just gets a few splashes of water.

If anyone has any other suggestions let me know!!!!

Last edited:
@SPZ...patience, brother. Soon enough they'll be growing so fast and you'll be so busy trying to tie them down and bend them over that you won't know what to do with yourself. Stick to your plan and everything will be a-ok.

So they are still alive and haven't turned any bad colors or anything, but they sure seem to be growing slow compared to some of the grows here on AFN. I've tried my best to dial in every variable, here's a snapshot:

It seems like maybe they aren't getting enough of something? I realized the speed controller for the exhaust fan was on low so I went ahead and turned it up in case they need more air. They seem healthy enough so I'm just watching and waiting to see if any of these tweaks help. I'm considering lowering one of the lights as an experiment.

Hey, Nosias, I'm not sure if I'm doing this right myself but for what it is worth this is my procedure. For this last feed I took 4.5 liters of tap water and mixed in .5 liters of water heated a bit in the kettle (my well water is always around 55 degrees, don't want to shock the ladies with it). Added 10ml Voodoo Juice, 5ml CalMag, then 5ml each of the Sensi Grow A and B part. Stirred the solution with a big spoon. I then checked the solution with my pH meter and it slowly settled on 5.9 and 62 degrees. This is where I have been adding pH Down to get to a target of 5.8 but with the 1ml/l of sensi nutes the pH came out good on its own. I then pour out 1.25 liters into my watering can to gently water each plant. I'm trying to water around the sides and not on the plant but there is some splashing. The solo cup just gets a few splashes of water.

Thank you Oh wise one :baked:

I have read that the cobs and the LEDs need more Cal/Mag. I am not saying this is the case in your grow, just be aware the coco is inert and gives you nothing. Also I will try to only change one thing at a time. When we may want to fix something we think the more the better. This will not allow you to dial in on an issue. Every strain is different and every breeder does not make the same characteristics in that same strain.

Your girls are looking good. Just be patient. Our task is not to kill them. It does no good to compare size and worry about why do mine not look as vigorous as Hansbrick. :woody::hump:

For all we know is he sings to them in French and I believe a lot of ladies just love it. He's got his system dialed in and it took many trials and dead ladies for him to be at this stage.

You have read as much as most. So it is time to relax in these first 30 days of their "summer". This is when it all goes too slow and we just want to see the crawl then sit up and become teenagers. They will. Enjoy, watch and they will take off. Now go in their tent and tell 'em how much you love them. Right now speak to them, encourage them and C'est la vie.

:vibes:

I am running kind of parallel to ya. Day 13 in coco with 30% perlite. Mine are in 5 gal fabric pots. I have basically the same Hans' feed schedule as you. When I mix I filter my town tap water (carbon faucet filter) the day before. I first add the Part A and mix thoroughly and then add the Part B and mix thoroughly. Same for each individual addition. I am not adjusting the pH now that the pH Perfect Sensi Grow is being used. Days 6,9 and 12 so far. I was frustrated and fearful when the plants didn't seem to be growing above the soil (days 4-9). I was told that it was all happening below the soil as the tap root grew down looking for water. The bottom of my fabric bags were moist but dry coco on top. It was two days ago when they started to spread their leaves and get growing. It was reassuring to see that.
Prepping my reservoir and running a leal test right now.
Good luck @SPZ

@SPZ...patience, brother. Soon enough they'll be growing so fast and you'll be so busy trying to tie them down and bend them over that you won't know what to do with yourself. Stick to your plan and everything will be a-ok.

Thanks for the reminder, refugee! I probably should stop worrying and smoke a fat one. :smoking: Since the last grow ended in disaster I'm a little nervous now, but they look way happier and healthier this time so I hope you're right!

Back