Grow Room Spanglish´s 1L Air-Pot Grows

Id say alot depends on the pheno of the plant too, I dont want to post a pic in your journal but my ST is in a 1l pot and seemed to be quite alot bushier even before i LST'd her, And since then the canopy is awesome.

Thinking out loud, Light could potentially be a factor too, internode spacing is affected by light quality and distance so i dont see why side growth would not be too. From watching how the plants react to LST im intrigued by what makes these babys all so unique.

Hi Spanglish

Sorry to read about your heat troubles in the past but im glad you have it all sorted now.
This is seriously some pro growing in a 1 L air pot.
Well done man.

Yeah got lucky in the end and they pulled through it, she was a picky girl when it come to higher temps though unlike the Mephisto girl who just soldiered on without a care in the world.

lol well its some growing thats all i would call it ;) i feed her she grows, she wants more she gets it lol sounds just like bringing up kids then the older they get the more they want and cost you hahaha

Think these 1L air-pots could have some potential though after seeing @hairyman grow with the 3L pot with coco yielding a bigger plant from a smaller container than his 6L girl, am thinking 1L pots with coco could give good yields in a small area by allowing you to pack a few girls in SOG style, watering more than a couple of these pots would be way to much though so some kind of automated drip system would be needed, is definitely something i want to try in future when my space and circumstances allow it.

hahaha sorry at the rambling on that's the results of a couple of Sour Crack vape bowls after lunch and a very tasty and potent ABV peanut butter, nutella, cream, milk and icecream milkshake.

:coffee::pass::cheers::headbang:
2015-07-19 15.36.08.jpg

Last edited:
Hey pal, that's some munchi milk shake quencher,, I think the reason she went bigger is she get fed twice as much and that wasn't that heavy at end of day neither of them are mamoth specimens of a Tyrone but I couldn't have fit anymore of her in anyways,my thinking is its all about getting as much bud in that sweet spot that's unique to your own grow space, in mine it's a band of ten inches ,plants can't grow more than twenty so its about getting an even canopy if you grow lots of smaller plants or just one big ,anyways ime stoned ,and waffling ,I think one litre coco pots would work ,even better n a drip multiple feeds a day,I been thinking of scrogging a sodk,but now ime rabbling:pass:,,my new girls are starting to poke there heads up,I always wanted to fit in as many girls as I could in two liter pop bottles but ain't worth the hassle of being caught with so many plants would/could easily say I had enough to produce crazy amounts, :d5: so what's was you asking again :pighug:

Yeah got lucky in the end and they pulled through it, she was a picky girl when it come to higher temps though unlike the Mephisto girl who just soldiered on without a care in the world.

lol well its some growing thats all i would call it ;) i feed her she grows, she wants more she gets it lol sounds just like bringing up kids then the older they get the more they want and cost you hahaha

Think these 1L air-pots could have some potential though after seeing @hairyman grow with the 3L pot with coco yielding a bigger plant from a smaller container than his 6L girl, am thinking 1L pots with coco could give good yields in a small area by allowing you to pack a few girls in SOG style, watering more than a couple of these pots would be way to much though so some kind of automated drip system would be needed, is definitely something i want to try in future when my space and circumstances allow it.

hahaha sorry at the rambling on that's the results of a couple of Sour Crack vape bowls after lunch and a very tasty and potent ABV peanut butter, nutella, cream, milk and icecream milkshake.

:coffee::pass::cheers::headbang:
View attachment 467974
Sounds great Spanglish.
Im sure you already know this but have a look at GBDs SOG run it was great and he fit so many plants into his grow tent.
Like you siad he had it sorted by using a drip feed and he did really well.

Day 36

Ok looks like i was a bit early calling the end of the stretch in the last update, usually when i see it drop to 0.5cm or less in a 24hr period the girls seem to be done with vertical growth 24/48hrs after that, but she carried at only 0.5cm a day for near a week after that so am guessing due to the smaller container stretch seems to continue at a slower pace than a normal sized container, she is done now though and has not put any vertical growth on in the past 48hrs and topped out at 28.5cm/11.2" on day 35.

She is onto full bloom feeds now twice a day and considering what she is being grown in is taking them well and looking reasonably healthy so far, with only slight fading in the lowest set of leaves and all the marks that can be seem on the fan leaves are left over from the early CalMg def from when i went in to late with CalMg in her feeds.

Height
Day 31 - 26.5cm/10.4"
Day 32 - 27cm/10.6"
Day 33 - 27.5cm/10.8"
Day 34 - 28cm/11"
Day 35 - 28.5cm/11.2"
Day 36 - 28.5cm/11.2"

Feeds
Day 31 - Grow 3ml/L + AlgaMic 3ml/L + Bloom 2ml/L + CalMg 1.5ml/L @ 1 x 500ml + 1 x 250ml
Day 32 - Grow 3ml/L + AlgaMic 3ml/L + Bloom 2ml/L + CalMg 2ml/L @ 1 x 500ml + 1 x 500ml
Day 33 - Grow 3ml/L + AlgaMic 3ml/L + Bloom 2ml/L + CalMg 2ml/L @ 1 x 500ml + 1 x 250ml
Day 34 - Grow 3ml/L + AlgaMic 3ml/L + Bloom 2ml/L + Bio Bud 3ml/L + CalMg 2ml/L @ 1 x 500ml + 1 x 250ml
Day 35 - Grow 3ml/L + AlgaMic 3ml/L + Bloom 3ml/L + Bio Bud 3ml/L + CalMg 2ml/L @ 1 x 400ml + 1 x 250ml
Day 36 - Grow 3ml/L + AlgaMic 3ml/L + Bloom 3ml/L + Bio Bud 3ml/L + CalMg 2ml/L @ 1 x 500ml + 1 x 250ml

2015-07-21 19.14.39.jpg
2015-07-21 19.15.00.jpg
2015-07-21 19.15.30.jpg
2015-07-21 19.15.43.jpg
2015-07-21 19.15.49.jpg
2015-07-21 19.16.03.jpg
2015-07-21 19.16.15.jpg
2015-07-21 19.16.29.jpg
2015-07-21 19.17.02.jpg
2015-07-21 19.17.08.jpg

I agree Tim. How much did you end up getting off that weird little pot on the last grow Spanglish?

Looking great buddy keep it up

Thanks bro and congrats on a beautiful Sour Crack harvest and worth BOM nom, you got a good time coming with those buds she is a rather special little smoke.

Yours will be done well before mine haha. Looking great man it's amazing what they can do in the 1l airpots.

Yeah she going to go a bit longer than my Deep Blue C at the moment am thinking day 70-75, your photo Sweet Tooth is going to be a beauty though bro she will make you wait but you will be rewarded for it, reckon you could be looking at a 3 oz+ plant with that frame she got and stretch and flower to come.

I agree Tim. How much did you end up getting off that weird little pot on the last grow Spanglish?

Yeah she was a little beauty a big ball of bud in a funky shaped fake airpot, gonna take me running another Sour Crack in this pot but still reckon the extra width made a difference in how bushy she grew, the dimensions of the smaller fabric smart pots are more similar to the old airpot with near the same heights and wider than the airpots, but any type of small root pruning pot looks to have some promise when space is limited or you want to cram in lots of small plants, just got to be ready to be feeding a lot i still reckon some kind of drip system like the DIY system @Waximus posted and coco as the medium will let you get the most from a small pot without the hassle of hand feeding at least twice a day every day.

Waximus drip system

she came in at 15.6g in the end so just a little over 1/2oz, really hope to match it this time but not sure yet depends how fat i can get the cola.

Heres a few pics of the Sour Crack 1L girl for anyone who missed it, she is still curing and has not been smoked at all yet ;)

Day 54

2015-05-22 20.37.23.jpg
2015-05-22 20.37.52.jpg

Day 57 Cola was harvested first

2015-05-25 18.36.50.jpg
2015-05-25 18.37.04.jpg

Cola dried and weighed

2015-05-28 16.08.56.jpg

Lower buds dried and weighed

2015-05-31 17.03.51.jpg

Cola fresh trimmed wet weight

2015-05-25 18.35.05.jpg