Extraction Sources of Grain Alcohol, post your link here!

Only 109.00 works perfectly for reclaiming. Less expensive than the green oil machine and does same thing, and it wont burn my oil if I zone out or shit happens. Bonus if I can make alcohol to extract with also!!!!!
I am getting one of these as soon as I have some spare cash. Glad to hear you like it.

yes...find a culinary solvent that is non denatured... I posted a link above to one.
Can you post one that isn't 300 bucks??? I guess I'll just buy the bottles at the package store.

I am getting one of these as soon as I have some spare cash. Glad to hear you like it.

Can you post one that isn't 300 bucks??? I guess I'll just buy the bottles at the package store.
If you want just pure alcohol it's a lot. 1 gal of 200 proof from bvv is 107.00, when they had heptane you can drink it. At that point the huge tax they put on it is not added. Just the way it is no way around it. Im starting to think about just making mine...

@pop22 hey bud do you think I could reclaim the stuff from bvv in my distiller, or will I have to just evaporate the heptane? If I could reuse this stuff it would be even cheaper!

Some years ago I would have done everything to get 1 gal of grain alcohol.

Some years ago I would have done everything to get 1 gal of grain alcohol.
Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about, bro. I drank Everclear every day for its "antiseptic properties," but it didn't lead to anything good. In one moment, I just felt that I couldn't stop, even though my life was on the line. I suppose it's really potent stuff because I've got some terrible physical and emotional symptoms afterward. It took me two years to treat that alcohol poisoning, though I appealed to one of the best rehab centers in my area. Anyways, avoid drinking it raw; It can be very dangerous.

Last edited:
I finally resorted to this:
71tq7RsnrAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I can provide myself with 375ml of 80% per 2 gallon batch, plus a bunch of 50% that I can add to the next run and increase its yield or find other suitable purposes for. I only want personal amounts of tincture so that works fine for me.

I could get more yield from stronger brew but the smell and taste really take a dive and I don't need more.

If you are using sugar, there's no methanol but throw the first 50ml out as good practice.

For our purposes it doesn't matter if it is not double-distilled but I usualy do anyways, mostly so that I can keep squeezing more out of it.

Depending on your state, when you buy one it is for water purification or essential oil extraction, which in a way is what we're doing...Check your local laws before you proceed.

If you are in a legal (in this context) place, you can get equipment that will pull 2l of 95% from the same batch, but I can't advise anyone on running that kind of gear...lots of hazzards involved.

Is that one that's been modded for alcohol?

It's expensive but this is the way I'm going to go:

https://www.extractcraft.com/ethanol-recovery-appliances

I finally resorted to this:
View attachment 1326756

I can provide myself with 375ml of 80% per 2 gallon batch, plus a bunch of 50% that I can add to the next run and increase its yield or find other suitable purposes for. I only want personal amounts of tincture so that works fine for me.

I could get more yield from stronger brew but the smell and taste really take a dive and I don't need more.

If you are using sugar, there's no methanol but throw the first 50ml out as good practice.

For our purposes it doesn't matter if it is not double-distilled but I usualy do anyways, mostly so that I can keep squeezing more out of it.

Depending on your state, when you buy one it is for water purification or essential oil extraction, which in a way is what we're doing...Check your local laws before you proceed.

If you are in a legal (in this context) place, you can get equipment that will pull 2l of 95% from the same batch, but I can't advise anyone on running that kind of gear...lots of hazzards involved.

Is that one that's been modded for alcohol?

Actualy, their products were designed for alcohol, no mods needed. They also make one that pulls the 95%.

That's a cool piece of kit! I like that you can keep recovering most of your alcohol, and low heat...and even reduce to max strength tinctures easily.

A semi-automatic setup would be an ardent, a mason jar, and this, if you have the $.

They have another setup that can process a pound or 2. If you are supplying other patients or trying to use a lot of trim, that would be the way to go.

Back