Extraction Sources of Grain Alcohol, post your link here!

Am in Ca, and looking into ways of refining 151.

Am looking into a molecular sieve. Bag of beads that absorb the water, they can be dried and reused. Looks like it will get pretty pure.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190127-045633_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190127-045633_Chrome.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 116
Am in Ca, and looking into ways of refining 151.

Am looking into a molecular sieve. Bag of beads that absorb the water, they can be dried and reused. Looks like it will get pretty pure.
Why not just distill it to up-proof the alcohol?

You certainly could, but for the amount I need to winterize, that would be a little overkill.

Cheaper to buy a bag or two and reuse, toss them in the oven and fresh...
I don't think I could put a still together for 50$... and... that also may run into other legal issues as to distilling alchohol.
Here for the weed?
Cop: nope the still...

You certainly could, but for the amount I need to winterize, that would be a little overkill.

Cheaper to buy a bag or two and reuse, toss them in the oven and fresh...
I don't think I could put a still together for 50$... and... that also may run into other legal issues as to distilling alchohol.
Here for the weed?
Cop: nope the still...
Been making my own from sugar, water, and turbo yeast for years for about $25 a gallon. It stinks a lot less than growing cannabis. :rofl: I just use the same rules I used for growing, no smell, no tell, no sell, and no popo comes ringing your bell. The still was about $150 so it has paid for itself many times over in making the alcohol and then reclaiming it from my cannabis oil runs.

I have made half gallon stills out of mason jars and run them as double boilers over open flame
But I recently smartened up and run a 1/2 gallon Pyrex beaker that can be picked up at any brew store for $25. It’s used to start yeasts and cultures. And you can get s stopper for the top to run your tube through. If you have other beer supplies around they will never suspect it’s a stil. It can be run straight on open flame like a mad scientist but I have a digital hot plate that makes more sense and easier to control temp.
You can run a mash and start with a 20 percent solution and get little under a 1/2 pint high proof if you are lucky or start with a cheap 80 proof vodka and get much more. Low and slow is higher proof either way
I usually run a 15 gallon still for making booze and the beaker still for reducing and recapture of liquor.
In my state the still is ok until it’s running, if it’s not running it could of be for water purification :pass:

Its not easy for many of use to get grain alcohol, mainly because people are stupid enough to drink it straight........... and it is explosive. Many states have banned Everclear for that reason. There are other sources though and I've found a good one, prices are reasonable as I can buy 5 gallons shipped for less than I paid for 3 gallons of everclear!

Here is my link:

https://www.extractohol.com/
I found this, they have what looks to be the same stuff on your link but bvv is cheaper. I can get 2.5gal delivered for 52.45. I pay 35 for a 1.75L 151 everclear around here. So much cheaper, but you have to get all of it out I believe. Said with rotary evaporator you can evaporate it all with no taste or smell. I bet you can use a heated magnetic stirrer and get the same results. Anybody know if this would work or do I have to get a rotary evaporator?

Been making my own from sugar, water, and turbo yeast for years for about $25 a gallon. It stinks a lot less than growing cannabis. :rofl: I just use the same rules I used for growing, no smell, no tell, no sell, and no popo comes ringing your bell. The still was about $150 so it has paid for itself many times over in making the alcohol and then reclaiming it from my cannabis oil runs.
Hey bud, I got me a table top alcohol distiller to reclaim my alcohol and work good. Its digital has auto shut off, when bottom gets hotter than setting it turns off. Good and bad. Only can reclaim at upper temps or just shuts off, but will never burn your oil. You can set it and forget it so to speak. Got for 109 of Ebay. Holds a ton too. I know I can make alcohol just not sure how. Any advice on how to learn it properly and safe? I watch moonshiners all the time so I have some idea. Also anyway i can make 151 EV into 190 with this thing?

Back