Extraction Sources of Grain Alcohol, post your link here!

a stirring plate will work fine. An open glass dish on a heating mat will work also, just takes longer, 2-4 days. A rotovap would be ok for someone doing very large batches commercially

I found this, they have what looks to be the same stuff on your link but bvv is cheaper. I can get 2.5gal delivered for 52.45. I pay 35 for a 1.75L 151 everclear around here. So much cheaper, but you have to get all of it out I believe. Said with rotary evaporator you can evaporate it all with no taste or smell. I bet you can use a heated magnetic stirrer and get the same results. Anybody know if this would work or do I have to get a rotary evaporator?

Yes you can do a refined distill on lower proof alcohol. There's some kind of meter ( forgot what its called ) that can tell you how close to pure your alcohol is. I'd get one just to know. I imagine it would take a couple passes to get to or near 190 proof

Hey bud, I got me a table top alcohol distiller to reclaim my alcohol and work good. Its digital has auto shut off, when bottom gets hotter than setting it turns off. Good and bad. Only can reclaim at upper temps or just shuts off, but will never burn your oil. You can set it and forget it so to speak. Got for 109 of Ebay. Holds a ton too. I know I can make alcohol just not sure how. Any advice on how to learn it properly and safe? I watch moonshiners all the time so I have some idea. Also anyway i can make 151 EV into 190 with this thing?

Good find and good pricing!

:slap:

I found this, they have what looks to be the same stuff on your link but bvv is cheaper. I can get 2.5gal delivered for 52.45. I pay 35 for a 1.75L 151 everclear around here. So much cheaper, but you have to get all of it out I believe. Said with rotary evaporator you can evaporate it all with no taste or smell. I bet you can use a heated magnetic stirrer and get the same results. Anybody know if this would work or do I have to get a rotary evaporator?

a stirring plate will work fine. An open glass dish on a heating mat will work also, just takes longer, 2-4 days. A rotovap would be ok for someone doing very large batches commercially
Cool, figured I have a 15" heat mat for my vacuum chamber. I use that to evap small amount or gently evap. Have you ever use something with heptane? If so, how bad is it? Like if by some chance there is a little left how bad would that be would I know? That's why I use alcohol, I know il can consume it and not die lol.

hmm i see food grade then
Good find and good pricing!

:slap:
hmm denatured ? denatured denatured is that not the technical term for we added a poison so peeps dont injest ?
4.5% n heptane when i see a something tane that makes me stop and think :paleo:
:pighug:

Yes you can do a refined distill on lower proof alcohol. There's some kind of meter ( forgot what its called ) that can tell you how close to pure your alcohol is. I'd get one just to know. I imagine it would take a couple passes to get to or near 190 proof
Is that the glass thing they put the shine in and it floats telling you the proof? Forget the name, but remember them using it on moonshiners. Should I look up refined distill?

hmm i see food grade then

hmm denatured ? denatured denatured is that not the technical term for we added a poison so peeps dont injest ?
4.5% n heptane when i see a something tane that makes me stop and think :paleo:
That's what I thought, that's why there is no huge tax.

its very close to a hygrometer hydrometer i dunno but when i thought i ordered a humidity meter i got the floaty thing for alcohol

Back