Extraction Sources of Grain Alcohol, post your link here!

Everclear is legal in Michigan just so that everyone knows. Just an fyi for any local growers that don't know.
Supposably 190 is legal and sold here I just never see it, just the 151? It works fine just this shit even reclaiming dosen't last. I need a cheaper way.

the one bottle of booze i got me hands on £50 or $63 for 750ml 176%
crikey im not sure what pop was talkin about :baked:its a floaty thing with a scale on it that ya ploap inside a measuring cyclinder also supplied.was a few quid hygrometer it is.but that was cheap analogue,not a fancy digital thing.
:pighug:

There are two different floating glass meters for meters for distilling. One tells you the potential ethanol content if your mash. The other tells the the final proof or percentage of ethanol. The content of your starting liquid determines the safety of your operation. It’s a lot safer to turn 80 proof into 190 than it is to turn 151 into it. The starting liquid needs to be heated so you can do the math in wanting to keep that below boom boom level.

it’s a percentage game. 80 proof is 40% so if you were able to get 190 on first pass it would be no problem to get 45% off the starting volume of 80 to now be 190. It can be done with just one pass quite easily. Just had to be slow. Secret is keeping it right in the drip drip drip zone. Slow and low. I can run a Sugar shine run pretty close to190 first pass but I have a tall column and know how to slow it down which helps a lot. I run bourbons 140-160 proof and rims down around 120-140. Lower the proof of the still the more taste in the end product. Then it gets tempered.
I threw up a few pictures of a little vacuum still in my Megabuds, rosin and tinctures thread, you can run it with or without vacuum to do mini still runs and make any alcohol you want. Or you can distill vodka into everclear. If using a small still with a 20% mash just be aware your end product will be 20% of starting volume. Which might not be much.

There are two different floating glass meters for meters for distilling. One tells you the potential ethanol content if your mash. The other tells the the final proof or percentage of ethanol. The content of your starting liquid determines the safety of your operation. It’s a lot safer to turn 80 proof into 190 than it is to turn 151 into it. The starting liquid needs to be heated so you can do the math in wanting to keep that below boom boom level.

it’s a percentage game. 80 proof is 40% so if you were able to get 190 on first pass it would be no problem to get 45% off the starting volume of 80 to now be 190. It can be done with just one pass quite easily. Just had to be slow. Secret is keeping it right in the drip drip drip zone. Slow and low. I can run a Sugar shine run pretty close to190 first pass but I have a tall column and know how to slow it down which helps a lot. I run bourbons 140-160 proof and rims down around 120-140. Lower the proof of the still the more taste in the end product. Then it gets tempered.
I threw up a few pictures of a little vacuum still in my Megabuds, rosin and tinctures thread, you can run it with or without vacuum to do mini still runs and make any alcohol you want. Or you can distill vodka into everclear. If using a small still with a 20% mash just be aware your end product will be 20% of starting volume. Which might not be much.
I dont have a nice setup lol. Just a cheap table top distiller.

20191014_135045.jpg

20191014_135142.jpg

20191014_135123.jpg

It needs to be around 85 c° to really work. I only use to reclaim from tinctures so far. I have have 100 proof vodka how do I make that higher? I will be using it in a mbm2 for 8hrs so not sure I need to but if I wanted to that is?

Not sure how that unit works to be honest or what it capabilities would be.
I pour my tincture in where coke cans are, holds close to a gallon maybe 5 quarts. Put lid on you plug lid in to bottom for power for the fan. Plug power in turns on starts to heat to set temp. When it gets around 80c its starts to spit. Boils inside when bottom reaches temps set it shuts off until temp drops below. Will start back up when temps drop but it takes forever if you set below 85-90 cause as soon as it start it reaches temp again and shits off. If you set to 90 and let go it stop will a little left may need to add a little back in to get it all out. Almost perfect for cannabis oil. It's very simple and basic, I saw some videos with people using to make whiskey. Put mash in once it was done or ready and turned on. They throw out the head if I remember the term correctly. Some kinda alcohol byproduct that will kill you, I'm bad with names lol. And then was done. No idea what it tastes like. In sure its would be anywhere near as good as with a real still but I'm not make it to drink. If I can make my own everclear to extract with that what it will be for. I dont drink anymore now that I grow lol. Never been a fan of drinking always preferred bud hands down. I dont even remember the last drink I had, but that may be due to the bud hahaha.

Not sure how that unit works to be honest or what it capabilities would be.
Only 109.00 works perfectly for reclaiming. Less expensive than the green oil machine and does same thing, and it wont burn my oil if I zone out or shit happens. Bonus if I can make alcohol to extract with also!!!!!

Back