Dragon Meds Sour D mango comparison grow by discretepete and greenskell

Hey, Pete, congratulations on the new baby, I wish you guys a smooth delivery. Best to you, wife and family.

Looking forward to seeing the plants grow for you guys, i've finally gotten around to reading through the portal catalog and ... schwing ... now I've got to try some of these out.

Have fun with the grow, guys :meds:
Thanks medi! I'm pretty excited myself to see what we get! Heard nothing but good about these strains and their medicinal properties! I think I'm going to just plant a seed every 6 days and hope for 3 day germinations and try one of everything using this method lol. Won't ever exceed my limit but would have constant harvest every few days right? Assume 72 days for an auto. Plant a seed and 3 days after it sprouts plant another. Second seed would get planted in day 6 of the cycle. If my math is correct, the planting of seed 12 will fall on day 72 of plant 1. Once that plant is harvested, approximately day 75, drop another bean and continue the cycle. Assume each plant is 2 to 4oz dry on average you would get 2 to 4oz once a week basically. A different strain each week. Now that is the magic of autos. Might just actually do this here soon. Kind of a cool thought I think.

I like the idea of a perpetual grow because I think it maximizes the factor of available grow space vs. plant number vs. time, and is good for peeps like me that want to try a lot of different strains. The younger ones don't take up too much space.

Alas, I don't have anything growing right now...would like to try some more indica doms next run, and still running down the particulars of how I want to try and grow them this time. Thinking about trying coco/perlite in an auto-watering system like autopots--I felt that hand-watering everyday just took too much time last run. I had to water every day. I need a lower maintenance way to do it so I can spend the time when I have it, instead of like "oh-shizzle, these have to get watered NOW, gulp!", LOL.

I really liked the reviews of the SourD Mango on the portal and I'm looking forward to watching you and Skell try them out. :peace:

I like the idea of a perpetual grow because I think it maximizes the factor of available grow space vs. plant number vs. time, and is good for peeps like me that want to try a lot of different strains. The younger ones don't take up too much space.

Alas, I don't have anything growing right now...would like to try some more indica doms next run, and still running down the particulars of how I want to try and grow them this time. Thinking about trying coco/perlite in an auto-watering system like autopots--I felt that hand-watering everyday just took too much time last run. I had to water every day. I need a lower maintenance way to do it so I can spend the time when I have it, instead of like "oh-shizzle, these have to get watered NOW, gulp!", LOL.

I really liked the reviews of the SourD Mango on the portal and I'm looking forward to watching you and Skell try them out. :peace:
I agree about the hand watering. I have 10 girls going right now all at different ages pretty much and different feeds. I keep good logs of things to keep on track lol I was shooting for perpetual but seem to have just created scatter. Lol not to bad. 2 groups of 4 and a group of 2. 3 different feeding ratios lol...can't wait to find a spot for 2 more when my mephisto beans come lol. Im legally allowed to grow 12 so I need to b utilizing that. Lol

Pete- that perpetual grow and weekly harvests sounds awesome indeed. Wish I could be part of that!! Oh hey...forgot to tell you. FINALLY sold an item on feebay and bought my third light, another Galaxy Hydro.(not the dimmable version this time since I don't need it to dim)
I am interested in autopots just for the ease of use...some nice grows using them for sure. For me though, hand watering every day isn't a problem with only 4 plants.

Pete- that perpetual grow and weekly harvests sounds awesome indeed. Wish I could be part of that!! Oh hey...forgot to tell you. FINALLY sold an item on feebay and bought my third light, another Galaxy Hydro.(not the dimmable version this time since I don't need it to dim)
I am interested in autopots just for the ease of use...some nice grows using them for sure. For me though, hand watering every day isn't a problem with only 4 plants.
Dude huge props on the light man! Glad you pulled the trigger on it. Good bartering! Haha really pushing that cab to the limit eh? It's going to b crazy in there this time! Should draw yourself a training guide so u can fit it all! Glad I'm here to watch the show go down! How far is the 300 on now running from the girls tops? Dunno if I can call it a canopy yet lol

Dude huge props on the light man! Glad you pulled the trigger on it. Good bartering! Haha really pushing that cab to the limit eh? It's going to b crazy in there this time! Should draw yourself a training guide so u can fit it all! Glad I'm here to watch the show go down! How far is the 300 on now running from the girls tops? Dunno if I can call it a canopy yet lol

Yep...pushing to the max!! Fan upgrade also, the day I hook up the light..should be her on Monday or tuesday. Have to measure the distance tomorrow(try to stay out at night due to pink light and windows...errr...lol)

Right I got a room my tent is in with black plastic on windows so it looks normal from outside. Looks like blinds are closed with light off lol....anyway here is a couple pictures of sour D....day 12....
20160124_114056.jpg
20160124_114107.jpg
20160124_114120.jpg

Back