Lighting So it begins, the DIY COB addiction

In a bar you should easily cover 2x5. in a square frame 3'6"x3'6". Probably under the hps but a fraction of the wattage.
I've been debating with myself this past week over the size of the frame. 2x5 it is... x2 with some uvb 10.0 down the middle

I love the idea. Did you see my latest project? It's a veg cob lights with LED strips. The strips are for germinating seeds, the 8 cobs are powered in 2 groups so the light can keep expanding. Like this build, if you have the resources for the parts it's best to do it in one. Sometimes it's not as easy as

I love the idea. Did you see my latest project? It's a veg cob lights with LED strips. The strips are for germinating seeds, the 8 cobs are powered in 2 groups so the light can keep expanding. Like this build, if you have the resources for the parts it's best to do it in one. Sometimes it's not as easy as
No I haven't did you make a journal?

New addition to my family
Meet my new girl, a chocolate lab born on 9/28 . We named her Willow. She such a love bug and full of kisses. She's been watching me work on my DIY cob light this morning and learning the word NO real quick. lol Dried specs on her nose is dried yogurt, bad willow. lol

Got the frame cut 4 piece at 40" and 2 at 16" that should put the cobs right at 12" apart center to center.
cam02743-1-jpg.680271

I used standard 1/4" bolts 1" long with lock nuts to assemble the perimeter of the frame.

CAM02753[1].jpg

I drilled out these mounting holes a bit to accommodate some [HASHTAG]#8[/HASHTAG] self tapping sheet metal screws.
CAM02754[1].jpg

I made a template to make it easier to drill all 24 holes into the frame to mount the pin heat sinks.
CAM02756[1].jpg

Picked these up to figure out a way to mount them to this frame.
CAM02758[1].jpg

Peace

Back