Lighting So it begins, the DIY COB addiction

I made 20 ft of aluminum angle today for the frame.
CAM02699.jpg
CAM02703.jpg

Correct. M3x8 works best for cob holders. M3x6 are a little short. Hardware stores are the best for these, amazon has limited stock and they are pretty expensive coming from USA. Coming from China takes 4 weeks. Just screws but you need them. I checked home cheapo and they don't sell them.

Correct. M3x8 works best for cob holders. M3x6 are a little short. Hardware stores are the best for these, amazon has limited stock and they are pretty expensive coming from USA. Coming from China takes 4 weeks. Just screws but you need them. I checked home cheapo and they don't sell them.
Thanks for verifying that I wasn't quite sure. Yeah I bet the local true value has them, I'll go check tomorrow.

Thanks for verifying that I wasn't quite sure. Yeah I bet the local true value has them, I'll go check tomorrow.
My favorite store. Yes they will. Careful screwing them into the anodized sink. Might want to use one as a tap before sticking a cob under the drill. I have thrown away plenty of cobs with a philips bit impression in them lol.

My favorite store. Yes they will. Careful screwing them into the anodized sink. Might want to use one as a tap before sticking a cob under the drill. I have thrown away plenty of cobs with a philips bit impression in them lol.
They had 54 m3 x 8mm screws, I got them all. :smoking: They also had wago's for a decent price so I picked up more for the next project.

That's a tough one. 3500k seems to be the favorite for flower and veg.

I would go with either 3500k 90cri or or 4000k 80cri. No matter which one you choose it will give or take from a certain area since there is only so much useable light given off.

Very tough question

Merry Christmas to you too bro.

Attachments

• IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0734.PNG
    IMG_0734.PNG
    180.6 KB · Views: 167
Thanks for the graphs, that helps a bit. I got the 80 cri 3000k from cobkits cause that's all they had in stock. I guess I'll use those for this project and I'll try to get what you recommend for my next. I'm ordering more cobs next week, these HID's are ready to be unplugged. :pass:

Another ?
Do you know if the color temp and cri changes any relative to how hard the cobs are driven?

Back