Lighting So it begins, the DIY COB addiction

The closest match to the mc cree curve are the 3500 80cri ones. So if you don't plan to run supplemental ones to your main cobs that would be best.
I do plan on additional lighting via Mars conversions, 4 300's and 4 600's. I'll be using a couple of these for my breeding projects away from my groom. There's another thing I'd like to research, what's the best light for producing seed.

The 3000k should do great. Because the efficiency is higher understand the useable light is more. Even though the graph shows a lower % around 450nm you have a lot more wattage in that area vs a cheaper led or hps.

The size of the frame is where I'm at... I figure 6 1212's at 50 watts should cover a 2x4 nicely. I plan to build two of these to cover a 4x4. @BigSm0 Whats the spread of the usable light at say 24" ?
CAM02738.jpg

I think 4 in a 4x4 will rock the tent. I'd go 12" spacing and that's even heavy considering the useable light.

What was in there before?

And that sheet is sick!!! 10w 1212's are super efficient and so little heat you probably wouldn't need any cooling.

I think 4 in a 4x4 will rock the tent. I'd go 12" spacing and that's even heavy considering the useable light.

What was in there before?

And that sheet is sick!!! 10w 1212's are super efficient and so little heat you probably wouldn't need any cooling.
It'll be replacing a 600 watt hps in an open room so it's not really a 4x4. What would you recommend for coverage or area for good growth for these 6 cobs to cover?

I made that sheet with an old 50's turret punch, its super loud hammering out the chunks of aluminum. Cool old technology still in use... I got a laser with lots of free time available and some ideas too....

Back