Small population photo-to-auto breeding?

Consistency can be desirable, in general, but I wouldn't mind some variation here as long as I like the result. I don't expect to be able to do a huge pheno hunt and find really rare expressions, but I hope what I'd find would be compelling enough to continue rather than growing other autos instead.

Sunshine Daydream is a polyhybrid -- it's (Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine) x (Green Crack x Tres Dawg) -- so I'd expect a range there, but if I can find expressions I particularly like, hopefully I can carry enough of their traits through to an autoflowering form to be worth the time.

No problem bro. I was really having a wt… moment. All is well.
No worries. Actually agree with you on your posts. Kinda thought you were speaking in code. lol

Still interested what you mean by "closer to the source" though. That one threw me off...

Consistency can be desirable, in general, but I wouldn't mind some variation here as long as I like the result. I don't expect to be able to do a huge pheno hunt and find really rare expressions, but I hope what I'd find would be compelling enough to continue rather than growing other autos instead.

Sunshine Daydream is a polyhybrid -- it's (Bubba Kush x Blue Moonshine) x (Green Crack x Tres Dawg) -- so I'd expect a range there, but if I can find expressions I particularly like, hopefully I can carry enough of their traits through to an autoflowering form to be worth the time.
It seems that almost everything out there is a poly-hybrid though, so outside of old genetics from the 60s and land races which would be as much of a bitch to hunt through, you have to sort through that anyway. Blu_tri had a good point about the ratios though. It's difficult to weigh out hype with real data too. Just trying to understand everyone's methods a little better. Hope I'm not stepping on toes asking questions. I'm using meph, NOS and Bodhi but still interested in opinions on them if people have experience.

No worries. Actually agree with you on your posts. Kinda thought you were speaking in code. lol

Still interested what you mean by "closer to the source" though. That one threw me off...
No code here. I only speak that real.
Closer to the source. Close to the original source.
Let’s say you want gelato 33. Seed junky is the breeder… get it from him. Hell yeah it’s expensive.
Most will look for a crosses with gelato 33 in them and then speak on it as if it came from j_beezy himself. Brother that’s not it.
So If I couldn’t get it from sj, I’ll get it from someone in his circle. Sherbinski.
I wouldn’t get it from the dude in the next county who says he has a cut…
It’s crazy out there. And I’m trying to stay out of the rhetoric.

It seems that almost everything out there is a poly-hybrid though, so outside of old genetics from the 60s and land races which would be as much of a bitch to hunt through, you have to sort through that anyway. Blu_tri had a good point about the ratios though. It's difficult to weigh out hype with real data too. Just trying to understand everyone's methods a little better. Hope I'm not stepping on toes asking questions. I'm using meph, NOS and Bodhi but still interested in opinions on them if people have experience.
The best thing I can tell you about those breeders is to buy a pack and see for your self.
The 3 are spoke highly of in many circles.
I’m going to speak in general.. right now.
people want genetics. Right?¿. They want f5 or whatever I’m just pulling a number off my head.
But they want to pay for a bag seed.
Since the $$$ is short.. the breeder will take shorts.
Let’s take any 2 poly hybrid clones and cross them. Most people will look over the shortcut of not growing from seed. Yada yada it’s proven… to who?¿
Breed out the seed and cross them back to both parent. A non breeder will miss that it has been taken back to both original poly hybrids parents. That doesn’t make any sense to me. But that’s a bx(back cross). So another shortcut is taken.
Breed the seeds from that cross to each other you are at f3 … even as mixed as it is.
So however they are doing it, it’s done right before your eyes. The question is, do you understand what is being done? Or why?
This is tough to get around because you have to start (get your seeds) from somewhere.
Since everyone is using this formula, it is expected as the norm.
So when you buy a pack of seeds bred like this, there is nothing to complain about. You knew that before you purchased it.
The real question is what are you going to do with. The same ? Or try to breed it out into a uniformed strain? You know that takes forever.
Autoflower.

Indeed. Another one of Bodhi's that I'm interested in is Dread Bread, which is a Columbian landrace sativa (Mango Biche) crossed with a vintage Afghani landrace (Old Mother Ghani). Most of Bodhi's Supernatural Selections lines are landrace crosses like that.

An auto strain I love that hasn't been so hybridized is Mephisto's Pink Panama -- it's based on Cannabiogen's "Panama DC", which crosses a sativa from Panama with Deep Chunk from Afghanistan. It's got the Deep Chunk heavy body stone, but with a stimulating, clearheaded, and euphoric sativa high. It's awesome.

No code here. I only speak that real.
Closer to the source. Close to the original source.
Let’s say you want gelato 33. Seed junky is the breeder… get it from him. Hell yeah it’s expensive.
Most will look for a crosses with gelato 33 in them and then speak on it as if it came from j_beezy himself. Brother that’s not it.
So If I couldn’t get it from sj, I’ll get it from someone in his circle. Sherbinski.
I wouldn’t get it from the dude in the next county who says he has a cut…
It’s crazy out there. And I’m trying to stay out of the rhetoric.
I only speak English. ;)

I asked because it sounds like you assume that the person hunting expects a certain outcome. That would be the most widely accepted process that I think many people would follow understandably. The thing is though, I disagree about spending a large sum of money on seeds or cuts unless maybe it was a calculated investment. I say this because while I for instance am growing some Bodhi - sky lotus I'm not actually expecting skywalker. Could get something like it but I like the idea of finding something great in a random pack and plan to pop em till eye find a good one. That's all man. Just trying to understand your assumptions and talk more about the numbers needed to sort through poulations.

I only speak English. ;)

I asked because it sounds like you assume that the person hunting expects a certain outcome. That would be the most widely accepted process that I think many people would follow understandably. The thing is though, I disagree about spending a large sum of money on seeds or cuts unless maybe it was a calculated investment. I say this because while I for instance am growing some Bodhi - sky lotus I'm not actually expecting skywalker. Could get something like it but I like the idea of finding something great in a random pack and plan to pop em till eye find a good one. That's all man. Just trying to understand your assumptions and talk more about the numbers needed to sort through poulations.
Good point… I see where you are coming from.
Let say a guy does this with your pack of seeds. Now how much is it worth?
35A82CEA-89D7-49AF-8104-120DBBAC1315.jpeg

Indeed. Another one of Bodhi's that I'm interested in is Dread Bread, which is a Columbian landrace sativa (Mango Biche) crossed with a vintage Afghani landrace (Old Mother Ghani). Most of Bodhi's Supernatural Selections lines are landrace crosses like that.

An auto strain I love that hasn't been so hybridized is Mephisto's Pink Panama -- it's based on Cannabiogen's "Panama DC", which crosses a sativa from Panama with Deep Chunk from Afghanistan. It's got the Deep Chunk heavy body stone, but with a stimulating, clearheaded, and euphoric sativa high. It's awesome.
One of the BOGOs I got was Babylon Buster (dread bread x 88g13/HP). Wonder what that one will look like. Pink Panama has been on the want list since it came out but always manage to miss it.

Back