Small population photo-to-auto breeding?

Night owl eh? Did that turn out any good? I was kicking the can around about some of those when I was looking at beans. I couldn't find much info on them.

Alright, I'll stop hijacking the thread lol. Sorry OP.
She is drying now. Smelled great. Looks pretty good. Nice and chunky nugz! The trics are smaller and shorter stemmed than any others I've grown but lots of em so hoping it's really good.

Not hijacking really as it's related to the topic since also potentially breeding with similarly to parsing trees. I dusted some of the lowest branches with her bro looking to get some F4s.

I've grown Zamaldelica Express (fems) and Blue Microverse (fems and regs) from Night Owl, I love both strains. I made a bunch of BM regs, those are what I'm likely to use as a pollen and auto trait donor when I grow the Sunshine Daydream, but first I want to grow my ZE regs and make a big long-term stash of those seeds. I haven't tried Wizard's Apprentice yet, but have heard lots of good stuff about it.
Nice. Wishing you luck finding good budz! I picked up a pack of both of those regs too. Haven't grown them yet. Had a big move late last year and only back to growing for last past 5 months and most of that was to get the stash back up. Hit a fastbuds zkittles that all the seeds look great and a rocbudinc passion punch and a purple rolex when I collected pollen since they were flowering anyway. Was thinking of starting some Zams when my tent clears up in Sept/Oct. All depends though. No hurries. No worries. Did you pick up WAs too?

Have you considered increasing plant numbers but decreasing pot size in the early stage to full auto ? or is number of plants the issue
Plant counts are so arbitrary! What if someone needs to grow more for a medical issue? Ugh I hate law makers. Moving on.....

I was considering this. What is the smallest size doable for organics do you suppose? .5 gal? 1gal? Using 2 gallons fabric bags now but less than 10 plants currently. I imagine if they ran out of food, watering with Earth Juice would get em to the end.

Plant counts are so arbitrary! What if someone needs to grow more for a medical issue? Ugh I hate law makers. Moving on.....

I was considering this. What is the smallest size doable for organics do you suppose? .5 gal? 1gal? Using 2 gallons fabric bags now but less than 10 plants currently. I imagine if they ran out of food, watering with Earth Juice would get em to the end.
I am running 4 photos in gallon fabric pots. Top dressing about once every other week. They dry out very quickly. I have to water them twice a day, going to run them in bigger pots next time.

So far top dressing has been sufficient, we shall see how that holds up.

Yes your honour 200 pots but they was very small :smoking: ,i use home composted
soil and feed fish mix :biggrin: i on the edge of organics i feel to the guys who really build their soils get that badge but numbers and pot size I get away with shots pots up:thumbsup:enough to do some things
IMG_20210723_095219.jpg
IMG_20210722_145126.jpg
IMG_20210722_145753.jpg
IMG_20190716_152317.jpg
IMG_20190716_151221.jpg
IMG_20190707_173754.jpg

She is drying now. Smelled great. Looks pretty good. Nice and chunky nugz! The trics are smaller and shorter stemmed than any others I've grown but lots of em so hoping it's really good.

Not hijacking really as it's related to the topic since also potentially breeding with similarly to parsing trees. I dusted some of the lowest branches with her bro looking to get some F4s.
I will check them out some more when I buy more beans than I could possibly ever plant.

I have skimmed through a few articles on breeding and they all mention choosing a strong male. What does that mean? What is the criteria? Grows like a weed? :lol:

Yes your honour 200 pots but they was very small :smoking: ,i use home composted
soil and feed fish mix :biggrin: i on the edge of organics i feel to the guys who really build their soils get that badge but numbers and pot size I get away with shots pots up:thumbsup:enough to do some things View attachment 1346833View attachment 1346835View attachment 1346836View attachment 1346839View attachment 1346840View attachment 1346841
I always laughed when I saw a news clip of some bust and they gave some abitrary number of plants being a street value of x when there weren't even any buds on the plants. How lame. Not an anti police type person but that is just cops Fer cash.

Nice. Solo air-pots. A very miniature version but enough to get a glimpse at the seeds. Big bang for a little space! I like it.

I will check them out some more when I buy more beans than I could possibly ever plant.

I have skimmed through a few articles on breeding and they all mention choosing a strong male. What does that mean? What is the criteria? Grows like a weed? :lol:
I'm learning myself so wouldn't claim to be a authority on it. I've heard many differing opinions on it but I'm going to look for healthy, smelly, pest resistant and vigorous males to start and plan to test beans from a couple. I heard Mr soul of brothers Grimm say in a speech something to the effect of (you can't tell what a woman's breasts will look like from looking at her dad. You have to see all the daughters to see what he brings to the cross). Obviously paraphrasing but you get the idea. Bodhi talks a lot about his males that also add something but allow best traits from the female to express themselves too. I'm in it for the experience at the moment. If I'm blessed with goodness it's icing.
:cools:

I'm learning myself so wouldn't claim to be a authority on it. I've heard many differing opinions on it but I'm going to look for healthy, smelly, pest resistant and vigorous males to start and plan to test beans from a couple. I heard Mr soul of brothers Grimm say in a speech something to the effect of (you can't tell what a woman's breasts will look like from looking at her dad. You have to see all the daughters to see what he brings to the cross). Obviously paraphrasing but you get the idea. Bodhi talks a lot about his males that also add something but allow best traits from the female to express themselves too. I'm in it for the experience at the moment. If I'm blessed with goodness it's icing.
:cools:
Laugh and like this post

Back