If you ever fancy building your self one, give me a shout will gladly help out. Its so not as hard as you think.
I'll keep it in mind for future expansion :thumbsup:- right now I'm happy with my home-built cobs - both sets LOL. The ones I did last year run at 47w and the one I've done this year (I have the parts for another two more) runs at 55w. Add in a cheap blurple panel to go with the 3500s and I'm all sorted for now. But when I get more space... :d5:

I'll keep it in mind for future expansion :thumbsup:- right now I'm happy with my home-built cobs - both sets LOL. The ones I did last year run at 47w and the one I've done this year (I have the parts for another two more) runs at 55w. Add in a cheap blurple panel to go with the 3500s and I'm all sorted for now. But when I get more space... :d5:

ah yes forgot you already got some cobs... good idea on the adding in the burple, my next up grade will be strips of Red and Blue between the cobs and the boards pushing it to the 500w mark. That's when we've moved house and I have the headroom that can cope with that much light.

thank you Elle, its a design I've been aiming for for some time. Slowly accumulating the costly parts over a period of time. Its a little over kill for the tent but its more of a light for my next space when we move house. Swap the drivers out for some 2100ma ones and this thing will be seen from space. That's the best bit about the DIY if you set it up right you can swap out parts and do up grades real easy... The easy bit is the frame, found a great aluminum company where you put the measurement in, choose the plastic fitting corner and T bar parts and they cut it all to size for you. All you got to do is slot it all together and drill the odd hole.

If you ever fancy building your self one, give me a shout will gladly help out. Its so not as hard as you think.

Did you get the HLG V1 or V2 boards? I'm trying to figure out the difference between 288 (Lower voltage) boards and 304 (Higher) voltage boards. Can you help enlighten my dumb self?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

288 diodes 304 diodes if I remember correctly

Is that the only difference? What does the different voltage between the two boards represent to a grower? Is there a different footprint due to placement of diodes? Board size is the same.

I understand due to different voltage and current, they would have different driver config, which I'm totally clueless about, other than I'd prefer individual heatsink and driver. Any opinions?

Just showing off... the new revised version of my 1050ma 320w cob array, now a whopping 470w with HLG Quantum power. Having a few teething problems with one board so after this pic was taken I had to remove one. Will get a pic of it in action later.
Control box is coming along nicely and would be finished if I had bought the right amp toggle switches... doh!

View attachment 916274 View attachment 916273
That is one bad ass light Slater and your growing is impeccable :pass::worship:

Is that the only difference? What does the different voltage between the two boards represent to a grower? Is there a different footprint due to placement of diodes? Board size is the same.

I understand due to different voltage and current, they would have different driver config, which I'm totally clueless about, other than I'd prefer individual heatsink and driver. Any opinions?

That's too technical for me lol I only briefly looked into quantum boards, may e @BigSm0 can add input hes a genius when it comes to this stuff

hey @Equatorial and welcome to the garden. I have the V1 boards, the only difference between V1 and V2 I know of is more diodes on V2. Both are made of the Samsung Lm561c diodes so they can't out do each other there and with both boards being the same size... could it be that V2 is better made for parallel wiring. Spread should be about the same maybe a touch more due the extra diodes. I think V2 is just a little step up with the tech, over all a bit more polished now the boards have been around a couple of years.

Voltage to me means how many boards / cobs I can wire in series on a chosen driver... whats important to me is running them at a lower amp and how they perform. Its all due my height restrictions, by running my cobs and boards at 1050ma I can let them get as close as a couple of inches if they get away from me... that's photo period plants, I would be a lot more careful with auto's. I do try and keep the canopy at about 10-8".

If you want the knowledge I can't recommend this site enough - http://ledgardener.com/diy-guides/ ... Every page a must read.

That is one bad ass light Slater and your growing is impeccable :pass::worship:

Thank you @F.N. lets hope she grows as good as she looks... passing on a tester of Alien rift... you got to get this in your garden, worth every penny I gave Ocean Grown... silly, silly weed, so not for the faint hearted. Will take your legs away from you and make you sit down. I can't even finish a joint. That has so not happen for a long time.

tumblr_ls5rajM7LN1qaw7y4o1_400.gif

hey @Equatorial and welcome to the garden. I have the V1 boards, the only difference between V1 and V2 I know of is more diodes on V2. Both are made of the Samsung Lm561c diodes so they can't out do each other there and with both boards being the same size... could it be that V2 is better made for parallel wiring. Spread should be about the same maybe a touch more due the extra diodes. I think V2 is just a little step up with the tech, over all a bit more polished now the boards have been around a couple of years.
I've always been lurking around your garden and it never fails to amaze.....haha creepy

V2 actually uses the same amount of diodes. Its the chips that are different. LM561C for V1 boards and LM301B for V2 boards. V2 just slightly more efficient is the main difference.

Back