:pass::bighug::pop:

Autos are amazing fun, but there's something about a full house of flowering photo ladies...
Are you running CO2 in there? About the only thing I can think of to up the stakes.

how would one go about adding co2 to a tent with the extraction going all the time or will it still work due to it being heavyier than air and setteling to the bottom of the tent away from the filter or i am i overthinking this a bit :pass:

Don't think you're overthinking it, to my understanding CO2 bags and such are pointless in a tent with running extraction, one should run a closed system to get full value from the CO2 :2cents:.

Yes the bags are pointless. Seen videos with them directly over the meter and no change. I have naturally occurring CO2 in my basement, because of the age of the house and l live out in the country. My co2 in the tent never drops below 1100, averages close to 2000ppm, and has hit a high of 3300, so I set my extraction fan to only come on when it hits 85f in the tent to take advantage of some of it. Does it help? Heck if I know but the ladies don’t seem to mind.
View attachment 888299

awesome the CO2 discussion in tents... been waiting to get into this one

@Maria Sanchez you know what that is my next step and I've been working out if its worth it. I have been monitoring my natural co2 levels in the house and surprisingly like @HemiSync I've got really good levels at times during light on, ranging from 900ppm to 3000ppm. I recommend getting a cheap co2 reader, worth seeing whats going on in you garden. You can then take advantaged and up that feed and get the lights closer.

I do wonder about those bags but I must admit all those test on youtube are flawed because they don't leave the bag/bags (I think you need more than one) long enough and they possibly don't understand the science of how they work. They take at least 2 weeks to really kick in and start working, then they build the co2 up slowly over days/weeks, not releasing it in large amounts that is measurable above the bags. Plus most of the time there is no grow in the tents on those tests, heat, light and moister play big factor into the decomposition of the mushrooms to make the co2 faster...

I always think they are pr disposed to make the test fail because they want it to... so its never really a test. Its a test just to confirm there ideologies towards that product... just look at the LED haters outer there still trying to prove they don't work, and they do because they want them to fail... I think Vadar has just suffered from this when when he was testing PLC LED lighting. His predisposed opinions towards LED effected the grow massively, we could all see what he was doing wrong... you telling me cree cob's couldn't beat an hps grow on grams per watt, should have smashed out of the park.

I've seen a couple of growers use them properly and get great readings from the co2 meter and awesome results... they do run their extractor fans on timers so they can benefit from it more. Also they place the bags by the pots creating a carpet of co2 across the bottom of the tent, normally doubling up the recommend amount of bags for the tent size... Now weather this is the bags or maybe they have a high ambient co2 is the constant argument but it works for them well.

I'm still on the fence seen as you have to exchange air often in tents and is it really worth it if your co2 level are all ready high due to just living in the house... that sealed g'room is on the cards though

@Slater I have kept the tent mostly closed up for the last couple days and the fan set for 85f during lights on. So far the girls are looking good. The temp has stayed right between 84-86 and humidity at 46%.

And where do find these cheap co2 meters? Cheapest I have seen start at $100us.

@Slater I have kept the tent mostly closed up for the last couple days and the fan set for 85f during lights on. So far the girls are looking good. The temp has stayed right between 84-86 and humidity at 46%.

And where do find these cheap co2 meters? Cheapest I have seen start at $100us.

a German company called Techno Line make them part of some of there thermometers. I paid £35 for the basic one... I do have to send it back as it go's through a 'D' size battery every 2 weeks, something is not right there. Like you would expect from a German company they are well made even though I've had an issue.

how would one go about adding co2 to a tent with the extraction going all the time or will it still work due to it being heavyier than air and setteling to the bottom of the tent away from the filter or i am i overthinking this a bit :pass:

Ideally alternating CO2 injection and extraction.
At the same time... dunno... injection low extract high?
Yeah, like you said.

awesome the CO2 discussion in tents... been waiting to get into this one

@Maria Sanchez you know what that is my next step and I've been working out if its worth it. I have been monitoring my natural co2 levels in the house and surprisingly like @HemiSync I've got really good levels at times during light on, ranging from 900ppm to 3000ppm. I recommend getting a cheap co2 reader, worth seeing whats going on in you garden. You can then take advantaged and up that feed and get the lights closer.

I do wonder about those bags but I must admit all those test on youtube are flawed because they don't leave the bag/bags (I think you need more than one) long enough and they possibly don't understand the science of how they work. They take at least 2 weeks to really kick in and start working, then they build the co2 up slowly over days/weeks, not releasing it in large amounts that is measurable above the bags. Plus most of the time there is no grow in the tents on those tests, heat, light and moister play big factor into the decomposition of the mushrooms to make the co2 faster...

I always think they are pr disposed to make the test fail because they want it to... so its never really a test. Its a test just to confirm there ideologies towards that product... just look at the LED haters outer there still trying to prove they don't work, and they do because they want them to fail... I think Vadar has just suffered from this when when he was testing PLC LED lighting. His predisposed opinions towards LED effected the grow massively, we could all see what he was doing wrong... you telling me cree cob's couldn't beat an hps grow on grams per watt, should have smashed out of the park.

I've seen a couple of growers use them properly and get great readings from the co2 meter and awesome results... they do run their extractor fans on timers so they can benefit from it more. Also they place the bags by the pots creating a carpet of co2 across the bottom of the tent, normally doubling up the recommend amount of bags for the tent size... Now weather this is the bags or maybe they have a high ambient co2 is the constant argument but it works for them well.

I'm still on the fence seen as you have to exchange air often in tents and is it really worth it if your co2 level are all ready high due to just living in the house... that sealed g'room is on the cards though

Give something a try, measure, observe, adjust, apply, improve...

a German company called Techno Line make them part of some of there thermometers. I paid £35 for the basic one... I do have to send it back as it go's through a 'D' size battery every 2 weeks, something is not right there. Like you would expect from a German company they are well made even though I've had an issue.
You see mine in the tent. It costs twice that, but keeps stats over time on temp, humidity, and co2 and the big thing, you can recalibrate it. Hit a button, put it out in the fresh air and 5 minutes later it’s done. It does require a usb power source and only has a battery for backup of the stats. When I first got it, I thought it was shit because of how high it was saying the co2 is in my basement. Then I realized I was in denial of how bad my house is ventilated.

You see mine in the tent. It costs twice that, but keeps stats over time on temp, humidity, and co2 and the big thing, you can recalibrate it. Hit a button, put it out in the fresh air and 5 minutes later it’s done. It does require a usb power source and only has a battery for backup of the stats. When I first got it, I thought it was shit because of how high it was saying the co2 is in my basement. Then I realized I was in denial of how bad my house is ventilated.

thats what I'm looking at next, something that collects the stats... I'm think I will be saving my money for one of those Netatmo weather stations

thats what I'm looking at next, something that collects the stats... I'm think I will be saving my money for one of those Netatmo weather stations
Eventually, once I have the space I want to put together a 10x10 grow room. When I do that I’m building an environmental controller to control everything. I know there is a grower here or on 420 that has a system that monitors and controls temp and humidity 24/7 with a home built unit and that’s exactly what I want.

... as you have to exchange air often in tents and is it really worth it if your co2 level are all ready high due to just living in the house... that sealed g'room is on the cards though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole reason for the idea of needing to exchange air in tents simply because the old CO2 gets used up and you need to bring more CO2 in? If that's the case, then if one has a CO2 generator (whatever type) is there really any need for exchange?

This is assuming two things (at least) of course:
1. that can keep temps appropriate (another possible reason for air exchange)
2. air circulation is another matter, just to avoid dead spots and provide flow over plants, strength stems, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the whole reason for the idea of needing to exchange air in tents simply because the old CO2 gets used up and you need to bring more CO2 in? If that's the case, then if one has a CO2 generator (whatever type) is there really any need for exchange?

This is assuming two things (at least) of course:
1. that can keep temps appropriate (another possible reason for air exchange)
2. air circulation is another matter, just to avoid dead spots and provide flow over plants, strength stems, etc.

this seem to be the argument for sealed room growers, when and if to exchange air... if your supplying the co2, air con and de humidifyer then there seems to be no reason to exchange the air. Some argue this but if you do it right you should have a closed environment that can regulate its self producing its own o2 for its root system.
You really do need the space for that air flow and control over the temps and RH, maybe get away with it in a 8x4... I have dream , a shed of about 12x16 fully sealed

Back