I think you missed one step in the natural progression of drying your weed. I think most guys start off drying in a paper bag and then they move up to a cardboard box, but eventually they figure out that just hanging it up in a room or tent is the best way to go. Of course, I bet your yields are higher now too?

ha ha I missed that step because you told me to go straight to hanging on my secound harvest when I mention I was getting the hey in the bags... The cardboard box trick works great for some of our extreme northan growers, the RH can be so high all year round that its the only way to dry.

Last edited:
Nice right up bud. Couldn't agree more. My climate is a little drier so my buds are usually dry by 6-7 days. Like you said, all depends on your environment. My RH is generally between 35 and 45 and temps in the drying room are generally around 20C. I have yet to try the bag drying method but it could be beneficial for me by extending the drying period. Just a thought.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

in a pinch I think bag drying its perfect for the lack of space (and for the average home grower ;) ), I have stash on hand if needed... i still think its so important to have some air movement around the buds which you can't provide in the bags, I've played around on each harvest and the best success is when I've had and even but gentle amount of air movement around the buds. Its getting that even amount of air movement that's tricky bit... I'm thinking of building a rig with maybe 4 computer fans that fire towards the ceiling of the tent blowing and even amount. Being able to to reduce there speed might be good idea as well.

@jingo
I do wonder about the carboard box trick (not that I'm about to do it) but there is a youtube grower called NV Closet Grower, know his stuff and most of the time has sound advice but he drys and advocates the box drying trick all over his channel (plus he wet trims)... but get this he wins cups for some of his weed

Harvest have gone up a bit, I put that down to I can now work that space and eek out every inch for bud...also been graced with some nice rock hard strains recently. That Grandday Confidential I grew could have smashed green houses.

Thanks for inviting me over. I have some catching up to do but it’s raining and I’m stone so it’s all good. :smoking:

Just that first page I see you are blowing it up with the COBs. :greenthumb: Just got my first ones and will be converting my panels to COBs, starting with an old Galaxyhydro I have laying around. Should be able to put three 1812 3500k at about 35w each in that one. If that goes well, will be converting my PlatinumLEDs over as well. You just have to love these things.

Well I’m :pop: subbed in and ready to read. Sure beats television.

Welcome to Slaters Garden

Welcome back to the garden AFN crew and welcome to all new AFN crew I haven't met yet.
Where have I been, well busy with life, job and family and something had to give so social media took a back seat for bit. Well I'm back now with a new jouranl on my adventures in my garden.
Going to keep everything in one place, this will keep it easy for me to stay on top things. Also I shall be hanging out in the photo period section seen as 2018 is all about the photo for me... still love growing auto's and have one on the go all the time in the veg tent but I'm discovering a brand new world this year. Learning how to clone, doing my first pheno hunt. I'm just having the time of my life right now. Even plan to do some breeding some time in the very near future... Think I've managed to persuade the misses to let me have a tent in our bedroom away from the loft garden just for the one run for seeds (one run my ass). I'm working on it and pretty sure its a yes. She is warming to the idea... I will keep you up to date on that one as the situation unfolds.
Right lets dive into the green stuff and take ya on the tour of the garden and what growing right now

Flower tent no.01

Weapons for this tent
310w of LED COBs @ 1050ma (5 @ 3000k and 3 @ 4000k)
Coco
Full Remo nute line up
Mammoth P

So what are we growing...
3 pheno's of GG4 by darkhorse gentics on their secound run and 1 Glueberry by Dutch passion. We are on week 8, day 58... I think
Next up in this tent a pheno hunt for Alien Rift by Ocean Grown... I'm so excited a little bit wee just came out.

View attachment 874339

View attachment 874338

View attachment 874340

View attachment 874341

View attachment 874342

Flower tent no.02

Weapons for the tent
250w COB LED @ 1400ma
120w COB LED @ 1050ma
Coco
Remo nutes
Mammoth P

Whats growing...
Maple Sherbet cross with Pre 98 Skunk by seed stockers... Loving this grow... loving seed stockers... check out the stacking, pictures don't do them justice.
I've decide that I have to have a grow on all year with them... OG Candy kush next

View attachment 874333

View attachment 874334

View attachment 874335

View attachment 874336

View attachment 874337

Coming soon... Flower tent no 03... powered by new toys...2 x quantum boards by HLG @2100ma.
Zombie kush by Ripper seeds will be the first head liner.

View attachment 874344

View attachment 874345

View attachment 874346

View attachment 874349

View attachment 874347

Pull a chair up and roll a phat one, we got some growing to be doing

:pass:

Thanks for inviting me over. I have some catching up to do but it’s raining and I’m stone so it’s all good. :smoking:

Just that first page I see you are blowing it up with the COBs. :greenthumb: Just got my first ones and will be converting my panels to COBs, starting with an old Galaxyhydro I have laying around. Should be able to put three 1812 3500k at about 35w each in that one. If that goes well, will be converting my PlatinumLEDs over as well. You just have to love these things.

Well I’m :pop: subbed in and ready to read. Sure beats television.

No worry's @HemiSync glad to have you join us... Once you come over to the cob side theirs no going back. Whats the drive current on the Galaxyhydro drivers?

Garden Up Date

Maple Sherbet x Pre 98 Skunk by Seed Stockers

Time to bust out the Maple Sherbet x Pre 98 Skunk now we are starting to look good and near the finish... man that's just to much title seedstockers. I think it needs a new nick name... Maple Punk sounds much better.... I think that's what I shall call my keeper.

We are now on day 52 of flower (I think or there abouts). 2 of the pheno's are finishing really fast, I recon they could be 8 week finishers, we shall see. The rest look like they will go the 9-10 weeks.

Its not been the best grow, they got away from me in the stretch and have got way to close to the lights than I liked. Couple haven't minded but as you will see I have some fox-tailing going on with most.

WP_20180403_18_07_06_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_18_07_24_Pro.jpg

This is pheno no.01 (Maple Punk) and my keeper of the bunch, she is just the right size for my tent with rock hard grenade size cola's, frostiest of the bunch and super super greasy. Over all the best looking girl of the bunch. Can't wait to smoker her

WP_20180403_18_08_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_18_08_37_Pro.jpg

No.02 pheno, tallest of the bunch and if I had the room I would love to keep her and grow her again. This girls is producing massive spears and if she had the room could be fantastic yielder. She has got way to close to the light and has started to foxtail a little to much for my liking but it is what it is

WP_20180403_18_09_18_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_18_08_47_Pro.jpg

WP_20180403_18_08_54_Pro.jpg

No.03 pheno, another possible keeper for her super frosty tight dense buds. Plus she looks like she is finishing fast. Not the tallest of the bunch and not really packing the weight on but man is she is ever so sticky icky

WP_20180403_18_09_50_Pro.jpg

Pheno No.04, nothing much to look at bit of a meh really... but man she is real sticky icky

WP_20180403_18_10_05_Pro (2).jpg

No.05 pheno, not the prettiest of the bunch and not the frostiest by far, she's quite a chunk and could do a good truffle shuffle. She also has wonderful aroma of oranges to her... but just not enough of that stick icky for my liking.

WP_20180403_18_11_06_Pro.jpg

Pheno No.06, this girl has some awesome frost rails and is quite chunky in places, I had my eye on her but there is only room in the inn for one at the end and no.01 is winning.

WP_20180403_18_11_51_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180403_18_11_18_Pro (2).jpg

Thanks for stopping by and check you later !

giphy23.gif

Last edited:
Garden Up Date

Maple Sherbet x Pre 98 Skunk by Seed Stockers

Time to bust out the Maple Sherbet x Pre 98 Skunk now we are starting to look good and near the finish... man that's just to much title seedstockers. I think it needs a new nick name... Maple Punk sounds much better.... I think that's what I shall call my keeper.

We are now on day 52 of flower (I think or there abouts). 2 of the pheno's are finishing really fast, I recon they could be 8 week finishers, we shall see. The rest look like they will go the 9-10 weeks.

Its not been the best grow, they got away from me in the stretch and have got way to close to the lights than I liked. Couple haven't minded but as you will see I have some fox-tailing going on with most.

View attachment 886780

View attachment 886781

This is pheno no.01 (Maple Punk) and my keeper of the bunch, she is just the right size for my tent with rock hard grenade size cola's, frostiest of the bunch and super super greasy. Over all the best looking girl of the bunch. Can't wait to smoker her

View attachment 886782

View attachment 886783

No.02 pheno, tallest of the bunch and if I had the room I would love to keep her and grow her again. This girls is producing massive spears and if she had the room could be fantastic yielder. She has got way to close to the light and has started to foxtail a little to much for my liking but it is what it is

View attachment 886787

View attachment 886785

View attachment 886786

No.03 pheno, another possible keeper for her super frosty tight dense buds. Plus she looks like she is finishing fast. Not the tallest of the bunch and not really packing the weight on but man is she is ever so sticky icky

View attachment 886788

Pheno No.04, nothing much to look at bit of a meh really... but man she is real sticky icky

View attachment 886789

No.05 pheno, not the prettiest of the bunch and not the frostiest by far, she's quite a chunk and could do a good truffle shuffle. She also has wonderful aroma of oranges to her... but just not enough of that stick icky for my liking.

View attachment 886790

Pheno No.06, this girl has some awesome frost rails and is quite chunky in places, I had my eye on her but there is only room in the inn for one at the end and no.01 is winning.

View attachment 886792

View attachment 886791

Thanks for stopping by and check you later !

View attachment 886802
all looking sweet slater have me stoked for the one i have going now and one more question where tha fack did you get that sweet seed stockers sticker i wants one

all looking sweet slater have me stoked for the one i have going now and one more question where tha fack did you get that sweet seed stockers sticker i wants one
Wasn't there a bunch of it with the seeds, i can send you some if you want.

Wasn't there a bunch of it with the seeds, i can send you some if you want.
Yea.I got the small stickers but nit that sweet one he has on the back wall of the tent im putting together a collection to stick up after my next run which just might be from stockers instead of what I had planned

Sent from my HUAWEI CUN-L01 using Tapatalk

Back