well I never used ffof personally but helped people with there grows that use it and i would say its lighter and got more perlite from what I seen. I was using ffhf and hp is hands down way better then that. Plus I didnt get any gnats. Every bag of ffhf was loaded with gnats as soon as it got wet. its pretty much just peat and perlite. Not much forest material like bark rocks big chucks of wood. Which I like as well.
Awesome, lots of good info. Gonna give it a try, thanks bro!

And yeah I feel the gnat problem. I run the UV now and it seems to have killed them off lol

this is hp pro mix just added rice hulls for extra drainage didnt really need to as you can see and its adds silica the main reason I add it
image.jpg

ffhf. And I added perlite and rice hulls
to this.
image.jpg

and your welcome buddy. hope when you try it you like it as much as me. Autos love a light airy soil so Im told.

Can't say I've ever confirmed it but I heard it from someone else who runs UV and I noticed that since I got it I haven't seen a single one. Not sure if it's related or not but it might be. Could just be bro science lol
Lol well at least your not battling them little annoying bastards any more.

The ripple showing some more pistols and growing very nice
image.jpg

the wicked witch straightening her hopefully a her self out. Showing what looks like some female parts just waiting on some pistols to pop out. Fingers crossed
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Loving the way that ripple is growing out. Looking very nice! You liking the grow dots so far? I've actually been pretty pleasantly surprised up to this point.
The ripple is growing out awesome. Did some stem rub to smell her and she smells real dank And yes im loving these grow dots so far. The Ogreberry is taking to them very well. Im going to start 4 more tomorrow and going to use some dots in one or two see if i get the same outcome. And i get my rain science bags tomorrow cant wait to try them babys out too.

The ripple is growing out awesome. Did some stem rub to smell her and she smells real dank And yes im loving these grow dots so far. The Ogreberry is taking to them very well. Im going to start 4 more tomorrow and going to use some dots in one or two see if i get the same outcome. And i get my rain science bags tomorrow cant wait to try them babys out too.
Oh yeah you'll love them man, can't go wrong with em. Sounds like we are heading in the same direction with how we grow haha great minds I suppose :pighug:

Back