Lighting Show us how your hanging, cob frames and mounting.

Well, here's my little 20" x 40" frame with
3) CXB3590- 3500k cobs on a HLG 120-c1400
3) Vero29 - 3000k cobs on a HLG 120-c1400.
I am not sure if I have the right Kelvin rating cobs. I'm trying to use as an all around fixture. Should I add or do something different? I don't seem to get as much growth as compared to a t5 in veg, or an LEC in Flower.
It may take some time to get used too. Their intensity is amazing and usually leaves plants super short and bushy.

Well, here's my little 20" x 40" frame with
3) CXB3590- 3500k cobs on a HLG 120-c1400
3) Vero29 - 3000k cobs on a HLG 120-c1400.
I am not sure if I have the right Kelvin rating cobs. I'm trying to use as an all around fixture. Should I add or do something different? I don't seem to get as much growth as compared to a t5 in veg, or an LEC in Flower.

I use 2 x 3590 3000k @72v on same driver, use it for veg and flower, with 3000k I was expecting some stretching, but not the case at all, with their high intensity the penetration of the lights is superb and promotes that lower growth imo.

Also, with the 3000k those nugs will get so dense. Even the lower sites that would usually be a bit airy fatten up with mine.

You will grow some lovely plants with that light. Be careful though, when I first switched to cobs I managed to burn/bleach my plants slightly with the intensity of them.

Happy growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

here is my DIY build kit for Photon Labs as well. Nice frigin piece too lemme tell ya :) currently at 50% yanking the cal mag outta them nicely LOL!

002.JPG
008.JPG
009.JPG

I use 2 x 3590 3000k @72v on same driver, use it for veg and flower, with 3000k I was expecting some stretching, but not the case at all, with their high intensity the penetration of the lights is superb and promotes that lower growth imo.

Also, with the 3000k those nugs will get so dense. Even the lower sites that would usually be a bit airy fatten up with mine.

You will grow some lovely plants with that light. Be careful though, when I first switched to cobs I managed to burn/bleach my plants slightly with the intensity of them.

Happy growing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burning is common for first time cob use. Bleaching is primarily from inadequate spectrum which won't happen from cobs. Bleaching is when the buds start turning white.

@Eyes on Fire your right too. Sucking the calcium out of them. I just looked at my plants and said the same thing.

yeah its not AS bad as I initially thought but yeah man, its happening more than the Mars or T-5 that I have used so far. this is a constant and also just fed them. some spotting here and there and lightly pale but I tea'd them up with some more cal mag too. so they'll do fine for a bit.Im just trying not to scar them for the early flower period. if I can get mid flower with a fine looking plant i'll be happy LOL!

yeah its not AS bad as I initially thought but yeah man, its happening more than the Mars or T-5 that I have used so far. this is a constant and also just fed them. some spotting here and there and lightly pale but I tea'd them up with some more cal mag too. so they'll do fine for a bit.Im just trying not to scar them for the early flower period. if I can get mid flower with a fine looking plant i'll be happy LOL!
Your at 75w per cob correct? If so EACH cob is 50% more light than a mars 300. What's scary is instead of stretching it out on an 8x11 inch frame you have the power in each 28mm cob. I don't blame people for not understanding this but we are really in a wattage is king forum here.

I quit trying to figure out watts after i saw green being generated by the plants! It is rather amazing what the cobs do to a plant. I cant wait to see what the next generation of cobs look like

well OHM's law and faraday's law are the two to study for watts, resistance ,power,amp,watts and all of that fun :D i thinbk those are the two.

my COB is like 290 watts total but i was told its such a low wattage its almost non existent. and with the cal mag and stress issues Im thinking I agree at this time LOL! but yeah its just about 300 total. was supposed to be 320 but the wiring to do it right with my power unit was the way to go.

well OHM's law and faraday's law are the two to study for watts, resistance ,power,amp,watts and all of that fun :D i thinbk those are the two.

my COB is like 290 watts total but i was told its such a low wattage its almost non existent. and with the cal mag and stress issues Im thinking I agree at this time LOL! but yeah its just about 300 total. was supposed to be 320 but the wiring to do it right with my power unit was the way to go.

Low wattage lol. That's typical thinking from an hps grower. Mooore watts!!

Dudeski it's going to be nice to see newer cobs coming. They are going to be big, probably 60mm minimum.

yeah I could be wrong,I would have to look at the build thread post to be sure but it more than enough to fry my plant 3/4 of the way up and the veg foot print in potent enough to do most if not all of my tent with limited supplemental lighting so Im ok with that LOL

Back